Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    i've seen places that specify that web os can run almost any linux all, since the pre is based off of a Linux os. does this mean it can run ALL Linux apps? or are there differences and discrepancies that make some apps not work as well on a pre. if you hack into the Linux terminal and run commands is it really as simple as running the install code?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    You would have to compile the apps to run on the pre. There is no GTK+/QT libs included so all of that would have to be cross compiled.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    griffin INet inc has an app called "QT framework" which claims to be the framework lib for QT apps. so as long as the app is based off of this frame could this be all you need for QT linux apps? i've done a little research and am doing more. ha not looking good though but if anyone can give me the answer that always helps
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    You would still have to compile any framework for the Pre's version of the kernel and other libs. Not sure if webOS even ships with X...
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Even if you did, most desktop apps wouldn't look good on a small screen.