1.    #1  
    Hello @all

I'm running webOS 1.4.5 with uberkernel @800 mhz.
    since yesterday 3 Apps refuse to start from the launcher. the icons just glow for 5 seconds and nothing happens. Its: JewelsQuest, VBA and Dragontraining.

I rebooted the device 2 times, I changed system speed, i switched off bg apps, no effect.

What is really confusing is, that the apps do start by using a terminal and starting them manually.

Could it be, I broke a sandbox somehow? I really am not aware of anything i did.

Is someone having the same issues? What do you mean? Shall i call the Doctor? (are my paid apps gone then?)

thanks for all replys,
    masterhit
    Hey masterhit,

Have you installed Emergency Fstab Fixer from Preware?

PS. No, if you use the Doctor you won't lose all your paid apps - they will be restored automatically when you log back into your Palm Profile.
    In the fstab thread someone posted that all but a few pdk apps were working on their device and it was found that a specific app they had installed was the cause of the problem so if some of them are working and some aren't then I would suspect something installed is preventing them from working correctly. Here is a post from the thread you can read more about it in the thread if need be. If this app is not the cause in your case there may be something else. Do keep us posted on what you do and what resolves it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    It's definitely the cause, at least on my Pre. I reinstalled the JustInput service and main application, but then I was unable to install the PinYin interface package. I got one of those "device busy" errors in WOSQI. I rebooted, then was unable to run PDK apps. Next, I uninstalled the JustInput service, rebooted, and was again able to run PDK apps. So I can conclude that the JustInput service (latest version, 1.4.1.4) caused this problem for me.

However, I now find that I can install an older version (1.3.X) of JustInput just fine, with no ill effects on PDK apps.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  4.    #4  
    thanks for your replies.
    fstabfixer was was done a day after 1.4.5 got installed, so i can exlude this as a problem.

i have not installed justinput, the only thing I did was putting "homing device" as a startup app in modeswitcher.

Next I'll try uninstall modeswitcher and homingdevice. If this doesnt work i doctor the device.

thanks for the tips,

masterhit
    Let us know what you find out. The more info we have the better help we can be to future cases of problems like this. If you discover it is a specific thing or if simply doctoring and putting everything you had install back on the device doesn't cause an issue then we know the doctor fixed it. It's possible that others will have trouble with certain things interfering with stuff related to PDK as it is a new feature. Or have other similar issues. I figure as a community we want to be able to help everyone who comes to the forum with a problem or question in a timely as possible manner. For me the more I know about everything the better equipped I am to providing help.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Let us know what you find out. The more info we have the better help we can be to future cases of problems like this.
    sadly uninstalling most of the software didn't help. I kicked out 80 % of my installed homebrew apps and also services and plugins not needed anymore. - no effect

tomorow i have some time to doctor webos. this may solve the problem.
    i keep you informed,,
    masterhit

UPDATE
    I've doctored the device. all is working again. no idea what caused the problem, but good that palm designed webos for easy fixing
    Last edited by masterhit; 08/23/2010 at 10:35 AM. Reason: update