Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    if i turn the gps off and 3g off when using wifi or just not needing a connection, i get about 9h of use. In fact, shortly after 1.4.5 I made a 1.5h phone call and only lost 12% battery. so unless the pre is like my gas tank and seems to empty out faster after 50%, mine got better
    mine has got alot worse running out of juice by late afternoon with light usage, trip to dr I think???
    My battery life is the same as before, I tested it right after the update, a little over 1 % per hour at idle. I am running Sceenstate 500/800, Mugen 1400 battery.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    My battery life is the same as before, I tested it right after the update, a little over 1 % per hour at idle. I am running Sceenstate 500/800, Mugen 1400 battery.
    Out of curiosity, what did you pick that Mugen battery up for?
    in 1.4.1 I had disabled GPS, disabled WIFI while sleeping, disabled bluetooth and got plenty of battery usage. It would NEVER run out of juice before I went to bed (when I put it on the touchstone next to my bed). Now after 1.4.5 it dies at around 8 or 9:00 every night. What gives?? I'm considering reverting back to 1.4.1.
    Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I doctor it?
    I have noticed a change as well, I don't know if its as dramatic as 10% because I just got my tether yesterday so I have been toying with that as well. But I have to agree the battery life does seem to decrease faster
    i dont know what to think but it seems to be draining faster, i am getting 44%/hr drain playing cloud hopper is this normal? i am running 125mhz-800mhz screenstate.
    I just got off a 3 hour flight from SF to Chicago, didn't turn airplane mode on, and fell asleep for the entire flight. My Pre went from 90% before take off to 24% when I woke up. This doesn't surprise me since bad/no reception would've resulted in more battery drain.
    Quote Originally Posted by lsvteg11 View Post
    Out of curiosity, what did you pick that Mugen battery up for?
    31 dollars shipped. I have had since last Oct., great battery, just checked out in internalz and it still has 90% capacity.
    My battery life is worse also . I am using 1 gig / 500 screenstate. I was getting much better battery life before patch.
    So I doctored my pre on saturday. Battery life was GREAT saturday and sunday. Today (monday) it went back to draining almost 20% per hour! Lets see how tomorrow goes.
    I'm having the same sort of high battery drain as many of you have mentioned here after upgrading to 1.4.5.

I have always kept BT and Data enabled, but don't use Wifi, and have always made it through a 12 hour work day without having to put it on the charger.

Now, I'm finding that it's dead by 4:00pm, if I don't charge it at work, and have also noticed that it's consistently hotter than it ever was before, and charging takes far longer... in fact, it's so slow that, listening to the Music Player Remix uses the battery faster than the Palm charger can keep up with... even plugged in, it will lose about 1% per hour if I'm listening to music.
    During this time, Govnah shows the temp above 50C at times--- with no other apps (besides music player remix) running.

I'm using the same patches I've always used, same mail polling, messaging settings, etc, I've always used, and have tried various UberKernel profiles (screenstate, UberKernel Default, PalmDefault) but none have shown any improvements.

There's obviously something not right, but I have no clue what it is. Has anyone else noticed the temp issues that I'm seeing in addition to the battery life issues?
    (obvious solution) I'd suggest taking your pre to the doctor.
    Well two days after my last post battery life is still ****. It went from 100% at 3:00 or 4:00 to 20% at 11:00 last night and I didn't even use it at all.

I guess I'm going to have to take it to sprint.
    Here's a good one for ya. My battery is draining so fast that it drains faster than the usb port on my computer can charge it.
    Same no change whatsoever to my battery life
    e-cigs saved my life
    My battery lasted all night at 100% before 1.4.5 (I turn Airplane Mode on at night). After 1.4.5 the battery drained from 100 to 53%. I saw the post regarding Location Services and turned it off (Auto Locate), now I last all night (well, my Pre does) like before. I do have to turn it on if I want to use GPS. (BTW, I don't see the GPS issues like others mention, Google works, MapTool works.)
    My Verizon Pre Plus seemed to have improved after 1.4.5. ~1%/hr in standby with only phone on (wifi, gps, data = off). ~3% with phone+data on, but standby only. In airplane mode, it will last forever, practically, somewhere around 0.5%hr.

With moderate use, I can easily get thru the day. Before upgrade, the standby drain was approximately 50% greater using the same profile:

UberK 250/800,
    Mine got worse after the update. I have no idea what happened. Before the update, it was ok. I still had to watch very carefully on my battery life, but now it's worse. I don't think it will last more than 8 hours without charging with very minimum usage.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast