1.    #1  
    my pre dialed 911 last night while sitting on its touchstone in an empty room. has anyone seen this before?

it is a standard sprint pre running unmodified webos 1.4.5

*edit* it appears that when the phone is charging, it generates random input touches, whenever the screen is on. as such, i can no longer charge using my touchstone because it will eventually hit the right combination to make an emergency call. this behavior is new since i updated to 1.4.5. i'll try doctoring it tomorrow.
    Last edited by 3plus17equals; 08/19/2010 at 12:02 AM.
    niceeeee
    I am experiencing the same issue! It has happened twice now. Anyone else seeing this?
    what happens after it dials? 911 operators have to record/respond to calls, so I'm curious if police showed up, etc.

it terms of fixing it, there is a patch that removes the emergency dial shortcut and that may help you avoid this - depending on what is causing it...

also, is there any chance you have a cat or some mice that could have been standing on your phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    also, is there any chance you have a cat or some mice that could have been standing on your phone?
    I hate it when my cat uses my phone to call for pizza... or cheezburgrs..
    I had my Pre call a number in my phonebook by itself. It was incredibly embarassing actually. I was up at around 12:30am and the phone was sitting next to me on the sofa. And all of a sudden it starts dialing one of my work colleagues (who was asleep at the time). I had to apologize profusely and try to explain that I dialed them by accident when in fact I never even touched my phone.

And I've had other times when the phone dialer app opened up, but luckily it didn't dial a number. I think there really is an issue with the phone dialer app, or maybe with the touchscreen falsely detecting taps.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Went ahead and installed the Limited emergency patch. Thanks for the suggestion. It's odd because my phone has never really had any problems with it "touching itself"...sigh.

Chris