Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was just reading the article Dieter posted on the Palm Pre 2 rumors, and half of the posts where Sprint <users> saying, "This better come out on sprint first or I'm going to be unhappy!"

Well, how angry are you going to be win Palm goes out of business completely because they screwed the pooch twice in a row?

I know you Sprint <users> want a new phone, but you have got to understand the definition of insane.

"Do the same thing and expect different results". If Palm really thinks they can go Sprint exclusive again and be successful they are more wrong than any company in the world.

They have to go with someone else...Verizon is a good choice.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/17/2010 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Language
    Who says it needs to be exclusive? Looks like Sprint "fan boys" just want it to be on Sprint in the first round, too.

I wish there were NO 'exclusives'. Let all carriers have at it at the same time.

You seem just a little too exasperated over people wanting to get their hands on a new device as early as possible, no?
    What's wrong with Sprint? Why do people keep ragging on Sprint?

I have been with them for five years and they are an excellent provider. They are also the best smart phone deal going right now. T-Mobile comes close but their coverage isn't as good.
    agreed.

BUT, vzw has been messing with palm since they launched the pre plus on their network, and many have argued they contributed to their downfall.

i think hp should launch the device (s) on multiple carriers, no exclusives at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Who says it needs to be exclusive? Looks like Sprint "fan boys" just want it to be on Sprint in the first round, too.

I wish there were NO 'exclusives'. Let all carriers have at it at the same time.

You seem just a little too exasperated over people wanting to get their hands on a new device as early as possible, no?
    If you would have left out the part about the Sprint fan boys thing I would have thanked you.

But I do agree with you about the non-exclusivity part. I think all carriers should have all phones but then where would the competition be, I guess. Right? Ha

If the Pre 2 is gonna be a killer phone I think it should be exclusive to Sprint since they had the first deal with Palm for the original Pre. And all the non-believers in the Pre (i.e. Verizon/ATT) should have to wait their turn and not gain any profit.
    Sprint Love
    Ok... Sprint pretty much got the short end when Palm launched the Plus on all the other carriers.

I'm not a big fan of exclusives either. The big failure was the advertising by all parties.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 08/17/2010 at 03:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    If you would have left out the part about the Sprint fan boys thing I would have thanked you.

But I do agree with you about the non-exclusivity part. I think all carriers should have all phones but then where would the competition be, I guess. Right? Ha

If the Pre 2 is gonna be a killer phone I think it should be exclusive to Sprint since they had the first deal with Palm for the original Pre. And all the non-believers in the Pre (i.e. Verizon/ATT) should have to wait their turn and not gain any profit.
    That is all great, but we don't live in the wonderful world of fairness. HP is a business. They will make whatever strategic decision makes the most sense for them to make the most money. That MAY be Sprint as the loyal sprint palm fanbase will guarantee them a certain base. My $ is on Verizon (even before the latest rumor). Simple math: Verizon has more (much more) customers than Sprint. Also, HP has enough money that they don't need to rely on Verizon to advertize and push the device, they can make their own huge ad campaign and hope that when the phone becomes popular, Verizon will hop along for the ride.

That being said, I hope they don't go exclusive with anyone.
    (to the original poster: the first rule of PreCentral, you do not speak ill of the Sprint guys, they take it personally as they are the OG's).
    Yet another post for the Palm is Doomed forum

"Palm Is Doomed" Forum
    The next phone won't be carrier exclusive....
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    <<Wondering if this thread is going anywhere or is it already DOA?>>
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by imgreenlantern2 View Post
    I was just reading the article Dieter posted on the Palm Pre 2 rumors, and half of the posts where Sprint fan boys saying, "This better come out on sprint first or I'm going to be unhappy!"

Well, how angry are you going to be win Palm goes out of business completely because they screwed the pooch twice in a row?

I know you Sprint fan boys want a new phone, but you have got to understand the definition of insane.

"Do the same thing and expect different results". If Palm really thinks they can go Sprint exclusive again and be successful they are more wrong than any company in the world.

Since when did being a subscriber make one a "fan boy"? I imagine that the definition of insane is not an oft-repeated idiom. Go rage somewhere else.
    Deceptive thread title. Implies that the OP knows that Sprint will be first to get the next device. What he is really saying is that would be a bad idea (and I agree)...

I wish it said something like "why I'm glad that the next Pre is probably not a Sprint exclusive...
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by imgreenlantern2 View Post
    I was just reading the article Dieter posted on the Palm Pre 2 rumors, and half of the posts where Sprint fan boys saying, "This better come out on sprint first or I'm going to be unhappy!"

I know you Sprint fan boys want a new phone, but you have got to understand the definition of insane.

With how much VZW Sales Representatives trash the Pre and Pixi+ to move more Droids, Verizon would be a great choice!! Verizon did a "GREAT” job advertising webOS to moms! VZW also is so knowledgeable about webOS they are just going to fly off the shelves!! They really care about the customer’s needs before thinking about commission off of units sold.

Insane is launching a webOS device on a carrier that has its own branded Android phone! VZW leveraged the Pre and Pixi+ to sell their Droids because they received a higher commission. I would release WebOS on T-Mobile before Big Red again although I believe there will be no exclusive carrier launch this time around.
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post

Just so you know, the OPs ORIGINAL post used "Sprint *******". I only used the term as a means of addressing HIS post. I am on Sprint and LOVE the service.

I used quote marks to indicate that I was using his own verbiage.
    Let's hope HP has the clout to make sure that the launch is done like the Droid and iPhone launches rather than the anemic "phone for busy moms" crap Verizon used to totally submarine the Pre/Pixi and steer everyone to Droid...
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    With how much VZW Sales Representatives trash the Pre and Pixi+ to move more Droids, Verizon would be a great choice!! Verizon did a "GREAT” job advertising webOS to moms! VZW also is so knowledgeable about webOS they are just going to fly off the shelves!! They really care about the customer’s needs before thinking about commission off of units sold.

You think!
    Insane is launching a webOS device on a carrier that has its own branded Android phone! VZW leveraged the Pre and Pixi+ to sell their Droids because they received a higher commission. I would release WebOS on T-Mobile before Big Red again although I believe there will be no exclusive carrier launch this time around.
    True!
    How about a compromise like the Galaxy S series where they all come out just a few weeks from each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKy View Post
    Yet another post for the Palm is Doomed forum

"Palm Is Doomed" Forum
    That's a great photo/shop!
    ROFL!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    So if I'm understanding this thread correctly, if the next WebOS device comes out just for Sprint then HP is doomed and will be closing up shop. Good to know.
    Okay Sprint first for 2 weeks, then release it on Verizon, then AT&T. Either way, everyone is happy and HP/Palm will not be doomed to release it only one carrier. Android OS is on every carrier. Apple will do the same soon. HP/Palm has no choice but to release it on every carrier, but within 2 weeks of each other or even better, at the same time! Palm did release the ill-fated Palm Treo 700p on Sprint and Verizon simultaneously.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast