Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I use my Pre's Navigation app almost every day as I drive the seventy miles to work, and the zeventy miles home.

Unfortunately, it just stopped working; it loads the black Sprint Navigation welcome screen, but never moves on to the actual app. (I am able to go to the Preferences screen, but there's nothing there which helps my problem.)

The only thing I can think of that I may have done to affect this; I downloaded the Navit app, along with the
    two linux apps which it required on Friday. (Navit didn't work either; it just opened a blank black screen.)

I just tried the WebOS Repair Utility, but no go. I'm REALLY am hoping to avoid a full Doctoring back to factory state, as I have tons of patches and homebrew apps on this thing, and it's tedious as hell to put them back on.

Anyone else have this problem? Know what's wrong? Know of a fix?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexJay View Post
    I use my Pre's Navigation app almost every day as I drive the seventy miles to work, and the zeventy miles home.

Unfortunately, it just stopped working; it loads the black Sprint Navigation welcome screen, but never moves on to the actual app. (I am able to go to the Preferences screen, but there's nothing there which helps my problem.)

The only thing I can think of that I may have done to affect this; I downloaded the Navit app, along with the
    two linux apps which it required on Friday. (Navit didn't work either; it just opened a blank black screen.)

I just tried the WebOS Repair Utility, but no go. I'm REALLY am hoping to avoid a full Doctoring back to factory state, as I have tons of patches and homebrew apps on this thing, and it's tedious as hell to put them back on.

Anyone else have this problem? Know what's wrong? Know of a fix?
    Do you have webOS Quick Install (Jason's hot desktop app) installed?

If so, go into the TOOLS pull-down menu and LINUX COMMANDLINE.

Paste the following into it and hit return (with your Pre attached via USB, of course):

Code:
    rm /var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_0/*.db
    That will reset your Sprint Navigation and make you re-enter your name and email the first time (only) that you launch it. Then it should work fine. I had similar troubles with Sprint Navigation after installing NavIt. Your saved info is saved in the cloud, so should not be affected.

Let me know how that works...
    Last edited by KnoxBNYC; 08/17/2010 at 07:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    Do you have webOS Quick Install (Jason's hot desktop app) installed?

Paste the following into it and hit return (with your Pre attached via USB, of course):

Code:
    rm /var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_0/*.db
    That will reset your Sprint Navigation and make you re-enter your name and email the first time (only) that you launch it. Then it should work fine. I had similar troubles with Sprint Navigation after installing NavIt. Your saved info is saved in the cloud, so should not be affected.

Wow thanx for the help man. Great advice. I was having the same problem like that other guy you was helping. I had installed navit & uninstalled it when it didnt work. So i guess that must of messed up the sprint Nav. Thanx again.
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post

Code:

Thank you very much. I was having the same problem as the OP and your advice worked perfectly.
    Last edited by triforce26; 03/10/2011 at 10:11 PM.