1.    #1  
    it is about to change. He just tweeted he's gunna overclock to see the difference! It's pretty cool hp is openly excited about homebrew and using it themselves!
    RT @rahulsood: i realize the processor is the same on pre & pre+ but some people are overclocking for the cards (+ has more mem). let me try it now, thx!
    I think it's cool that someone within HP is listening to the users as to WHY we're overclocking. It may mean that future WebOS devices won't need it.
    I'm guessing he's seen at least a prototype with a correctly clocked 1 ghz processor (hopefully dual core), so he's probably not going to be that impressed with overclocking. I'm sure he'll appreciate it for day to day use though.
    Trust me on this one, Spader: if the next phone came out with dual 1.5GHz A9s, it would take some of the people on this board less than a year - heck, maybe less than half a year - to bump them to dual 2.0 or further.

It's like rock climbing. Why climb that mountain? "Because it is there".
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Trust me on this one, Spader: if the next phone came out with dual 1.5GHz A9s, it would take some of the people on this board less than a year - heck, maybe less than half a year - to bump them to dual 2.0 or further.

It's like rock climbing. Why climb that mountain? "Because it is there".
    I'd actually put the over/under on ANY new Palm hardware overclocking at 2 weeks, max. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    You can tell he's just starting to get some hands-on with the device. He tweeted questions asking 'why' Pre + users would overclock. He understood why Pre users did, but why the Plus users. Speeeeeeed. That's why. Completely different phone once you add some processing power into the engine.

Awesome that he's so engaged with the community... hope he continues that!
  7.    #7  
    I think the bigger deal with this statement from him is the simple fact that palm actually is paying attention to what their customers wants and needs are (read some of his other tweets) a real fresh of breath air compared to how some other companies today are.

I for one am expecting big things now that their is money behind webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I'd actually put the over/under on ANY new Palm hardware overclocking at 2 weeks, max. haha
    You're probably right, haha

Who's pitching in to the Unixpsycho Coffee IV Fund once the new phone hits? Maybe some Army webOS fans (edit: webOSters?) can hook the man up with some amphetamines, for OC kernels during release week!
    Rahul Sood tweeted that he installed the Uberkernal and Govnah and has now joined the OC community! Very cool that he's getting his hands dirty and seeing first-hand what the WebOS Internals guys and the Homebrew community have to offer!

It's especially funny to see him ask about apps he loves on Google and where are they on webOS? Come on Rahul... keep pushing!
    Does anyone else think that he needs to be the one in charge of pushing webOS out there for HP?

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Rahool Sood is now a member of the overclocking club. Rahul Sood (rahulsood) on Twitter

If we could get him to just OC to 1.2Ghz he could really see webOS shine.
    <<threads merged>>
    I definitely think he should be at all webOS based press conferences. He seems to be more amped than even Rubi.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    Does anyone else think that he needs to be the one in charge of pushing webOS out there for HP?
    he seems more amped than Rubi.
    Rahul is the the link between us "mortals" and the "all mighty HP Palm." It is hard to find a guy like Rahul in big tech companies. Even some developers sometimes don't like to talk to users. This is exactly what excites me about the Palm community. It makes you feel like you are part of it and that your words are heard by the big guys. Totally different from Apple, where Steve Jobs dictates and everybody else listens. Good Job HP Palm!
    I wonder if Ruby has delved into the homebrew scene and OC'd kernels as well?
    Rahul should make a Precentral forum account and come talk with us.
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Rahul should make a Precentral forum account and come talk with us.
    I have a feeling that he's already a member since Rod @ webOS Internals has been tweeting with him about Preware and overclocking. At least I would hope he would come here and read up on our thoughts instead of just using twitter to ask questions. At least he's playing with the devices!