1.    #1  
    I've just phoned up HP to get help flashing the BIOS of my HP TX1000 tablet pc.

Anyway, I asked the technical support guy if he had heard anything about Palm's webOS coming to any devices to which he said:

"Do you mean the webOS for iPaq?" to I said yes (of course not really knowing anything).

Whilst we waited for my tablet to restart he said "I've tried accessing the information on the webOS iPaq but that's in the Business Partners section and I don't have the priviledges to access that. Sorry."

Interesting or what?

Take care

David
    iPaq iPad.. some ***** is going to push iPaq name(even though i know it's history and what it is) when most 18 to 24 have never heard of iPaq and Compaq... <sigh>
    Why do you find this so interesting? The HP iPaq OS has been used in HP handheld computers and smartphones for some time. Now they have a new OS (WebOS) to deal with. I am sure their Tech Services people are expected to support both Operating Systems.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  4.    #4  
    I find this so interesting because he implied the webOS system on the iPaq hardware. Also that it was being dealt with by the Business teams, not technical support.

Just interesting thoughts to add to the pool of speculation.

Yes, It Is Interesting

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Just call it the HP PalmPad. It's straight forward, simple, and has brand awareness.
    Quote Originally Posted by wicketr View Post
    Just call it the HP PalmPad. It's straight forward, simple, and has brand awareness.
    How about not, all that will happen if everyone names their TABLETS "pads" is they will be seen as just another iClone they need to have a completely different device

In fact if we are going to name it the PalmPAD why not call the next phone the pPhone? That has recognition
    My best guess is he was extremely confused. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by pre-fan View Post
    x2. ipaqs are friggin PDAs, aren't they?
    iPaq PDA:

iPaq Smartphone:

From the non-webOS HP offerings:All HP handhelds | HP® Official Store
    Holy crap! They still sell iPaqs???? Snap, hope they're not using that name for a webOS device. Could totally suck.

But, since they own the rights to the name, and on a mobile device to boot, maybe they're doing it to jump on the i-craze. Stupid HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by pre-fan View Post
    same here...