1. jtw
    Been having a weird problem as of the past week or so. About 50% of the time when I try to open a link from a website or the palm app store or anywhere (only card I have up) the "too many cards" message pops up, saying need to close some before I proceed. Anybody else have this problem and if they did, how they fixed it? It's more of an annoyance than a serious problem.
    your new? what are u using? pre plus? pre? pixi, pixi plus?
    Quote Originally Posted by jtw View Post
    Been having a weird problem as of the past week or so. About 50% of the time when I try to open a link from a website or the palm app store or anywhere (only card I have up) the "too many cards" message pops up, saying need to close some before I proceed. Anybody else have this problem and if they did, how they fixed it? It's more of an annoyance than a serious problem.
    Reboot the phone regularly, maybe put it to boot while you are in the shower. (orange+sym+r)
    Also look into getting a custom kernel with memory handling.

Pip
    Whose your carrier? I have a Sprint Pre and since the 1.4.5 update I have yet to get the TMC error message. As mentioned above overclocking will fix this issue when you enable Compcache for memory management.
    I use preset reset every night. That along with uberkernel helps to avoid this. I have Sprint Pixi.
    jstop, from Preware, with the garbage collection running can also help with this issue.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Unfortunately, the too many cards error is a problem for the none- plus pres'. There are some ways of not getting the error msg. Overclocking/Jstop.. not a guarantee on all none plus phones though.

I'm using an overclock kernal, and I have a none-plus device. I haven't got a TMC ever again.
    Since the 1.4.5 uprgrade and installing Uberkernal I've yet to see a TMC error.
    I have never seen a TMC error. And I'm still on 1.4.1.1. But, then again, I have a Verizon Palm Pre Plus.
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    With an overclock kernel and Govnah, you can adjust the compcache to also help do away with the error.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    I have never seen a TMC error. And I'm still on 1.4.1.1. But, then again, I have a Verizon Palm Pre Plus.
    Yes, that would make sense then, the + Pre's have 512mb of Ram, the original Pre's only had 256mb.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Yes, that would make sense then, the + Pre's have 512mb of Ram, the original Pre's only had 256mb.
    I guess there is no way to overclock ram, lol, is there?
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
  13. jtw
    Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. For what it's worth, I'm on a pixi plus.

If I wanted to download the overclocking kernel, this is where I would go, right?

Precentral.net/720-800-mhz-custom-kernels-now-available (sorry for the abbreviated URL, I can't post links yet)
    Open Preware/Available Packages/Kernal - you can install the Uberkernal and Govnah directly from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtw View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. For what it's worth, I'm on a pixi plus.

If I wanted to download the overclocking kernel, this is where I would go, right?

Precentral.net/720-800-mhz-custom-kernels-now-available (sorry for the abbreviated URL, I can't post links yet)
    No absolutely don't install that, it could brick your pixi.
    There is no overclocking kernels for the pixi, but there are two custom kernels (I chose my word carefully in my first post) for the pixi that will allow the memory handling. They are uberkernel and warthog. I think they are both in the testing feeds in Preware. You would need to enable those feeds to get them.

Pip
    crap that must be annoying!
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)