1.    #1  
    Oh lawdy I don't believe my eyes:

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/news/security...alls-40089807/

A weakness in the Palm Pre operating system could allow remote bugging of the device, according to a British security company.

A specially-crafted vCard, or virtual business card, could be used to exploit the vulnerability in the Palm Pre's WebOS operating system as the handheld does not employ any security measures, Basingstoke-based WMR InfoSecurity said on Wednesday.

The company discovered that a malicious vCard can be transferred to the phone using SMS, Bluetooth or via the web browser. Simply viewing the vCard is enough to fully compromise the business-focused handheld, which results in the intruder being able to remotely bug the device, it said.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/12/2010 at 01:55 PM.
  2.    #2  
    I saw this posted on ZDNet. Please read.

*mod kindly fixed thread for me*
    Last edited by konsole; 08/12/2010 at 02:02 PM.
    <<Threads Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I am a Verizon User and do not have the 1.4.5 upgrade as yet so I am vulnerable but I like the odds that anyone would bother to build a malicious Vcard for this small an operating system.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I am also a Verizon user, so that means my Palm Pre Plus is still vulnerable because I don't have 1.4.5. I highly doubt anyone is trying to hack my Pre Plus, but I still don't like the thought that someone could. Maybe someone could make a patch for Verizon and ATT users to fix this issue???
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    Let's rename the thread:
    "Verizon Risks Users' Safety by Delaying Release of WebOS Update"
    Pet Peave: When people use photographs of themselves as Avatars. There's something unsettling about their big faces staring back at me in the forums. . . . Maybe I'm just paranoid.