Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    when I choose Updates on my Sprint Pre, it says "Checking for updates..."
    and that is all it will do. I even left it overnight and in the morning it still had not changed. everything else seems to work fine. I tried it on WiFi, EVDO, and roaming with the same result.

does the only other updating method involve doctoring it??
    I am pretty sure it is, I am just trying to avoid losing all the app data again.
    Palm Pilot 5000 > Palm Pilot Professional > Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm IIIx > Palm m105 > Palm m505 > Palm Tungsten|T > Palm Centro > Palm Pre > HP TouchPad
    did you try turning off your phone taking the battery out, putting it back in. Then once the phone comes back up make a call first, then try the update again. if still nothing try it over wifi.
    Quote Originally Posted by agidius View Post
    when I choose Updates on my Sprint Pre, it says "Checking for updates..."
    and that is all it will do. I even left it overnight and in the morning it still had not changed. everything else seems to work fine. I tried it on WiFi, EVDO, and roaming with the same result.

does the only other updating method involve doctoring it??
    I am pretty sure it is, I am just trying to avoid losing all the app data again.
    What app data are you worried about losing? If you use Save/Restore you shouldn't lose anything.
    is it possible you have updates disabled? That would have been done in terminus or command line, so it's doubtful, but possible. I disabled mine so that 1.4.5.1 would not creep on me.
    Search in the webosinternals.org page for how to disable/enable updates and retype the commands to enable it. Just to be safe. Maybe you disabled and dont remember.

Sprint Pre-
    UK Screenstate 500/1ghz
    Mode Switcher--RULES !!!
    Advanced preferences by Sconix
    Lots of patches
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I did alot of command line stuff on the last phone, but not yet on this replacement.

save/restore
    never messed with it, I will go find it.
    Palm Pilot 5000 > Palm Pilot Professional > Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm IIIx > Palm m105 > Palm m505 > Palm Tungsten|T > Palm Centro > Palm Pre > HP TouchPad
    The Pre BackUp Utility is also great to have, since it backs up much more.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I have this same problem. My name was missing from the device info (it let me put it back in) I changed my evdo back to hybrid reva. I no longer have update network option in phone prefs... Yes I have restarted, shut down, battery pull... I'm just paranoid I won't b able to reactivate if my profile isn't being read right after I doctor... I don't want to b phoneless. I'm also just botheres that I can't figure out the problem. I've been posting and searching with little results... Help me precentral. Please!
    BUMP
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Hi my name is Adam and I represent Sprint as their SprintCareGuide. Please take your Sprint phone to your closest retailer and have a Sprint expert help you out free of charge.