Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It downloads as a .jnlp file. I haven't run it but I'll post up updates as I do.

http://www.palm.com/ROM

Here are some good instructions on downloading the doctor to the directory of your liking:

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...30#post2601530
    Last edited by gollyzila; 08/11/2010 at 12:22 PM.
    Ok so I wanted to have the latest official non-dev Sprint WebOS Doctor 1.4.5 so I can keep my Pre healthy with the awesome Repair Utility. Since it's not in the wiki yet and I haven't seen instructions on how to do this here I am, I hope it helps. This is what I did.

Edit: I'm on Windows XP

go here: http://ws.palm.com/webosdoctor/serialnumberinitial.htm and enter your Pre's (or Pixi I suppose) serial number and follow the instructions.

It will download the most current version (1.4.5 build 251.299 for my Pre) to some unknown place in the PC and will automatically run. Do not use it yet, remember we want the actual doctor program.

Right click on the webOS Doctor shortcut on the desktop and choose properties and Copy the Target string. Mine looked like this:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\javaws.exe "D:\Documents and Settings\(YOUR USERNAME HERE)\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\30\950c65e-2c4e29d5"
    Copy the section within the "" up until the number after \cache\ into the windows explorer address bar like this and hit enter:

D:\Documents and Settings\(YOUR USERNAME HERE)\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\
    Click the Views button and choose details

Sort by Date Modified

Click into the most recent folder, I had to check in two separate ones

You should be able to find a 210,804 KB File with the most recent Date Modified.

Mine was named 193c02bc-325f8ea1 with no extension. I copied it to the desktop and renamed it adding the .jar extension and I got the Doctor!

note: you could try searching for the filename 193c02bc-325f8ea1 but I don't know if it's gonna be the same for everyone, please post if it works!
    sweet thanks for the info
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the info. I posted earlier that the doctor was available but you have better instructions. I'll put a link to this thread from mine.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Haven't ran it yet, but it appears to have worked for me. Different filename. Thanks!
    FYI, mine was somewhere completely different... But you can use the Search feature of windows to find files "at least" 205800KB with today's date... Worked like a charm...
    <threads merged>

@neit_jnf - please make sure you are checking to see that items aren't already posted
    Running it now forgot to uninstall a patch that was not compatible. Oh well it will be nice and fresh.
    IIIxe -> Handera 330 -> Tungsten C -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre-, Pre2 & Touchpad 32

http://about.me/robert.whisler
    Did a search for "193c02bc".
    And found it. ty
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Direct download link for the Sprint Pre 1.4.5 .jar file..

http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...0ewwsprint.jar
    There's a much easier way.

Open the .jnlp file in a text editor, and then you'll see the file name and address. Combine them into a full link, and download that.

Edit: Or the method above.
    Good LORD! HOW on earth do you guys figure this stuff out?

I followed neit_jnf 's instructions, and while it was not exactly right, when I dropped the location into explorer, and hit enter, it wanted to know what i wanted to use to open that, but I was able to get the path info and find the file located in:

C:\Documents and Settings\Diane\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\60

Mine was: 193c02bc-4286a3cd

There were 2 files in there, the big one, and and .idx file

I took the no extention one, copied it to where my webosqi lives, and renamed i webosdoctor145.jar, and YAY! thats what it was.

So THANKS For working this back and BOO on Palm for making it so archane..

I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

I always wondered...if my phones running ok it seems, is there any benefit to doctoring your phone so its "fresh"? I don know if its worth the hassle of doctoring it if its functioning ok. Surely a fresh start may help, but not sure if these phones act like a PC does, and are a lot snappier upon a refresh. Perhaps I may wait and do this once 2.0 arrives...but I hope to have new hardware announced by then...
    Hey guys, I downloaded the jar version of the 1.4.5 Doctor, but I can't seem to get past the part which says to "Connect your phone directly to your computer with your USB cable." The next button is greyed out. I've tried reconnecting the USB, restarting the computer, and also just leaving it at that stage overnight, but still no go. Am I missing something? Dev mode is enabled.
    Sprint FrankenPre 2
    webOS 2.2.4
    Verizon donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Assimilator87 View Post
    Hey guys, I downloaded the jar version of the 1.4.5 Doctor, but I can't seem to get past the part which says to "Connect your phone directly to your computer with your USB cable." The next button is greyed out. I've tried reconnecting the USB, restarting the computer, and also just leaving it at that stage overnight, but still no go. Am I missing something? Dev mode is enabled.
    The Palm website has directions for this issue...

1. Unplug your phone and pull the battery.
    2. Press and hold the Volume UP while reinserting the battery
    3. Release the button when you see the full screen image of the USB icon
    4. Start up the Doctor on your computer
    5. Plug your device into the computer when prompted
    6. Complete the process as directed
    If you don't want or need to Doctor you can run the repair utility to find any corrputed system file. I run it everytime I install or update apps or patches.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    I always wondered...if my phones running ok it seems, is there any benefit to doctoring your phone so its "fresh"? I don know if its worth the hassle of doctoring it if its functioning ok. Surely a fresh start may help, but not sure if these phones act like a PC does, and are a lot snappier upon a refresh. Perhaps I may wait and do this once 2.0 arrives...but I hope to have new hardware announced by then...
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    i had it all along....even before the update!

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Just curious, does this also work for the Pre Plus on Verizon? I can't really tell if this is carrier agnostic.
    I am new to this forum but I wanted to know how to update my webos to 1.4.5. without pixi having wi-fi and my carrier that flashed my phone only supports talk and text no internet, is there any way I can update because I have need for speed underground but it will not play
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    Did a search for "193c02bc".
    And found it. ty
    was scratching myy head for the longest time. This way was easier too. but now I got it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast