Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 85
  1.    #1  
    I've definitely got a different boot screen, no pulsing. One of my boot logo images just suddenly grows larger, like it's going to explode off the screen and then boom, back to my home screen.
    --------------
    <<Mod Edit>>

    Please post your feedback about the new webOS update into the appropriate forum:

    webOS 1.4.5 Discussion - all general discussion

    webOS 1.4.5 New Features & Changes - only post new features & changes found

    webOS 1.4.5 Patch Discussion - posts specifically about patches

    webOS 1.4.5 Issues - issues with webOS only. Post App problems in their threads.

    -
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/11/2010 at 01:27 PM.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  2. #2  
    Boot screens have always been like that... they change back and forth from the non-bright, to the 'bright' image and the last image before going to the home screen always sort of explodes out (zooms in) as it changes to the home.

    Is that what you are seeing?
  3. #3  
    Google Maps is opening much faster now.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by thechosenfew88 View Post
    Google Maps is opening much faster now.
    Just checked... you may be right! It seems to load a LOT faster now
    Plus... it seems to find my location a lot faster too! Very nice
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Boot screens have always been like that... they change back and forth from the non-bright, to the 'bright' image and the last image before going to the home screen always sort of explodes out (zooms in) as it changes to the home.

    Is that what you are seeing?
    No, what I'm saying is I am not getting the pulsing from the two images at all, I tried several times, doing Luna restarts and full device restarts.

    I get the static Palm logo, when I restart the whole device, then suddenly one of my logos appears, explodes off the screen after a second or two and done!

    On a Luna restart, I see one of my images there for a second, then it blows-up and done!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  6.    #6  
    LOL! I spent a lot of time playing with the boot images, to find how I wanted to make it work and what I wanted to use for a logo!! I know exactly how they usually work.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    No, what I'm saying is I am not getting the pulsing from the two images at all, I tried several times, doing Luna restarts and full device restarts.

    I get the static Palm logo, when I restart the whole device, then suddenly one of my logos appears, explodes off the screen after a second or two and done!

    On a Luna restart, I see one of my images there for a second, then it blows-up and done!
    So are you also saying that the bootup time is quicker?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    No, what I'm saying is I am not getting the pulsing from the two images at all, I tried several times, doing Luna restarts and full device restarts.

    I get the static Palm logo, when I restart the whole device, then suddenly one of my logos appears, explodes off the screen after a second or two and done!

    On a Luna restart, I see one of my images there for a second, then it blows-up and done!
    Instant boot time?!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    So are you also saying that the bootup time is quicker?
    I didn't really time that, so I haven't noticed. The boot-up time never really bothered me, as I understood why a smartphone that can multi-task would take longer than other phones.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    LOL! I spent a lot of time playing with the boot images, to find how I wanted to make it work and what I wanted to use for a logo!! I know exactly how they usually work.
    Hey... I wasn't slighting you... just trying to have you clarify what you are seeing. The standard 'explosion' look, or something new.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    No, what I'm saying is I am not getting the pulsing from the two images at all, I tried several times, doing Luna restarts and full device restarts.

    I get the static Palm logo, when I restart the whole device, then suddenly one of my logos appears, explodes off the screen after a second or two and done!

    On a Luna restart, I see one of my images there for a second, then it blows-up and done!
    That's really strange... I'll have to play with that one a bit and see what's happening. I've had to reboot a few times so far, but figures I wasn't watching the screens.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Hey... I wasn't slighting you... just trying to have you clarify what you are seeing. The standard 'explosion' look, or something new.
    LOL! No, I didn't think you were slighting me or anything, I was just trying to explain that I know what the usual boot screens are like, so you'd know what I meant when I said mine was acting differently.

    Since I had removed my theme, then had to reinstall, it changed the logos, so I had to use WebOS QI to put my customized ones back in and it's still doing it differently.

    I have no pulsing, at all.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    LOL! No, I didn't think you were slighting me or anything, I was just trying to explain that I know what the usual boot screens are like, so you'd know what I meant when I said mine was acting differently.

    Since I had removed my theme, then had to reinstall, it changed the logos, so I had to use WebOS QI to put my customized ones back in and it's still doing it differently.

    I have no pulsing, at all.
    Oh okay, so maybe Palm changed how the boot logo pulses.
  14. #14  
    I had my boot screens set through wosqi and they are gone after update, phone background too. Back to the pulsating palm and that ugly green!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    That's really strange... I'll have to play with that one a bit and see what's happening. I've had to reboot a few times so far, but figures I wasn't watching the screens.
    I noticed it, first, when I was back on the boot screens from the theme I use. I even thought there was something wrong with my phone, like it didn't finish starting or something, but all is fine. So, I rebooted again and watched even closer.

    Then I put my customized ones back in and restarted to make sure they were working properly. The odd behavior made me restart a few more times, to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

    Hell, I haven't had any booze in a few weeks! LOL!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  16. #16  
    Universal search options font is smaller (ie Google; Google Maps; Wiki)
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

    Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
  17. Solen's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #17  
    I've restarted twice after the 1.4.5 update, still same Palm pulsing logo for me, but I currently have zero patches installed. Also, boot up did not seem any faster.
    Last edited by Solen; 08/11/2010 at 02:40 AM.
    Palm Pre on Sprint. WebOS 1.4.5
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Solen View Post
    I've restarted twice after the 1.4.5 update, still same Palm pulsing logo for me, but I currently have zero patches installed. Also, boot up did not seem any faster.
    Very odd! Makes absolutely no sense!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I noticed it, first, when I was back on the boot screens from the theme I use. I even thought there was something wrong with my phone, like it didn't finish starting or something, but all is fine. So, I rebooted again and watched even closer.

    Then I put my customized ones back in and restarted to make sure they were working properly. The odd behavior made me restart a few more times, to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

    Hell, I haven't had any booze in a few weeks! LOL!
    I have a full head of hair, but have a feeling I'll be bald by the week's end if I can't get this one patch (Named Pages in Launcher) either updated or uninstalled. Now I can't even get to the 'Tweaks' settings in WOSQI because the app tries to update the patches first, but that one keeps causing it issues and can't go any further. Looks like I'll be stuck with the stock boot (nothing changed on mine) screen until a fix comes around!

    "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines " Cptn Steve McCroskey
  20. #20  
    Universal search is more responsive
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions