Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
    I'm finding everything zippier, and while I'm willing to accept the placebo idea, Google Maps takes about 7 seconds now, compared to well over a minute for me pre-update.
    I can confirm GMAPs improvement. I have well documented test of GMaps taking upwards of 30 secs to load and then gps lock was iffy.

Now after numerous tests from diff locs all day today...6-7 secs and dead on lock. Very Pleased.
    Quote Originally Posted by thechosenfew88 View Post
    Google Maps is opening much faster now.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Just checked... you may be right! It seems to load a LOT faster now
    Plus... it seems to find my location a lot faster too! Very nice
    Not me. Still VERY VERY slow. Damn near unusable.
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    Universal search is more responsive
    Agreed. Even though I have Twitter (and something else) removed, and BING and YAHOO added, it is MUCH more responsive.
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang94 View Post
    im currently installing the update now. I was wondering if any of you guys tried installing the F105 thunderchief kernel yet? or even the uber kernel?
    I installed F105 thunderchief last night shortly after uninstalling it, and installed v1.4.5. No issues at all yet.

Uninstalled AND reinstalled via Preware.
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    I installed F105 thunderchief last night shortly after uninstalling it, and installed v1.4.5. No issues at all yet.

Uninstalled AND reinstalled via Preware.
    So, other than the notes thing, you're a happy PreCamper, that's always good, since these updates can cause all kinds of flukes!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345