Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    battery current draw is down. Running 1ghz uber w/comcache, this page, I have a current draw of only -152
    checked w/ palm default -118
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    I removed all launcher related patches(add/delete pages and glass effect) and the named pages patch still won't update. Any other suggestions?
    I went through this after the last update. I had to reinstall and remove two patches that I didn't use anymore. If you can remember any previously installed patches related to the launcher, install and remove them again. That's the only other thing I know that might fix this problem.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    Same problem here. Out of 31 installed patches, the Named Pages patch is the only one that won't update or be removed. I have uninstalled Advanced Launcher Options, Add/Delete Pages, and Date as Carrier String. I don't see any other installed patches that seem to be launcher related.

Here's my IPKG log:

1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-named-pages-in-the-launcher.prerm 2>&1
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/app-info-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    8 out of 8 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/dialogs/app-info.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/launcher-scene.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/sources.json.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css.rej

Any help appreciated.
    EDIT:

Named Pages in Launcher wouldn't update or uninstall for me, so I deleted the following patches:

• Advanced Launcher Options
    • Enable Add/Delete Pages
    • Date as Carrier String
    • Faster Card Animations
    • Ringer Switch Icon
    • Glass Effect
    • Add Bing and Yahoo and Remove Twitter

I tested the Named Pages update after deleting each patch, but the problem persisted. It wasn't until I removed the "Add Bing..." patch that Named Pages updated. I have reinstalled the other patches, and all is well.

I hope this helps someone else.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I can't speak for everyone but before the update my Google maps would take well over a minute to launch and half the time ti would come up with a "no internet connection" error for no reason. Only minimizing it repeatedly seemed to fix that. Though I think the Google latitude thing was partially to blame for that issue. Either way it came up in under 20 seconds now which is WAY faster so I'm very pleased to be able to use it now.
    * you can install with uberkernel as it will not harm your device (dont have other kernels but will try them soon)
    * the 4x4 patches will not work, but you dont need to remove them. I didnt remove any patches and it works fine
    * there is no real speed improvement, for those who are saying they are faster its probably because you did some cleanup, or a hard reboot, or you doctored which will make you faster since your nice and fresh.
    * The battery life is the real deal. i installed the update with 32 percent battery on my phone, it went through the 15 minute reboot process and i left it on all night after that. i woke up expecting to find a dead phone as usual but it was at 15 percent and thats with 3g connection left on all night. Very nice improvement
    * There is still the main dealbreaker of slowness/glitchyness in the camera app. I dont get this, before we went to video this thing was snappy and responsive and now it sometimes loads quick.. it sometimes takes 2 minutes for the green button to show up.

Now thats a killer. I thought my phone was soo freakin cool because it can take quicks very quickly which it can.. but whats the benefit of snapping a flip book of pictures if you have to wait for bring it up.. also its glitchy within taking attached pics in gmail...

Still love the phone though.. please palm please make the camera load faster.
    **Note:

This thread is to discuss any new features/tweaks that the new update brought. If you want to discuss issues with Patches after the update - please use the Official 1.4.5 Patch Discussion thread.

Please be sure to post in the proper forums so we can keep the issues/solutions together and easily found.

Thank you!
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    might want to change the thread title to remove "odd" from it then...
    Man this update caches utube video so i can just move the cursor back to starting point and hit Play without downloading the entire content again =)
  9.    #69  
    I had mine on the Touchstone all night, as I always do when I go to bed, so I haven't noticed if there is any difference in battery, yet. Has anyone else noticed anything?

Be great if we could get a response from a few more people, perhaps someone using the battery monitor.

HelloNNNewman, did you ever solve that patch problem, yet?

The thing I'd try would be to remove ALL patches that affect the launcher, then once they are removed, see if you can fix that one.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by rivum View Post
    might want to change the thread title to remove "odd" from it then...
    Good point! Although I did mean in reference to changes from the update, not patch problems and stuff, but that isn't really clear.
    Please post your feedback about the new webOS update into the appropriate forum:

webOS 1.4.5 Discussion - all general discussion

webOS 1.4.5 New Features & Changes - only post new features & changes found

webOS 1.4.5 Patch Discussion - posts specifically about patches

webOS 1.4.5 Issues - issues with webOS only. Post App problems in their threads.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    i have to say.... since the update to 1.4.5 update my battery life has greatly improved.... took my phone off the charger with 100% at 2pm it's now 3:45 pm and my phone still says 100%. I've been using it like normal... web,text,mms.... use to be down to at least 75-85% or less by now .
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    HelloNNNewman, did you ever solve that patch problem, yet?
    Yup... I ended up doing a brute force fix on it. You can see the method I posted here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2601853

It was my last resort and really didn't take a lot of time. If I had more patience I could have figured out what the offending patch was that it was conflicting with... but I'll save my patience and gentle touch for more important things. lol This wasn't one of those!
    Sprint Palm Pixi. After OS 1.4.5 update

Problem: Contacts-Notes Field-There are now strange symbols in many of my Contact's notes. Not every one but most. In the notes field, there are now <br /> symbols where there used to be spaces. The original text is still legible but the notes are hard to read with <br /> symbols everywhere.

Other than this problem, I've had no other issues with the 1.4.5 updater.

Perhaps someone could write an app to remove these extra characters? Homebrew anyone? Anyone...anyone... Bueller?

-Tom in KC
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Yup... I ended up doing a brute force fix on it. You can see the method I posted here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2601853

It was my last resort and really didn't take a lot of time. If I had more patience I could have figured out what the offending patch was that it was conflicting with... but I'll save my patience and gentle touch for more important things. lol This wasn't one of those!
    ROFL! Somethings must be handled quickly, especially where it concerns our precious phones, so patience would be just ridiculous!
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomwillett View Post
    Sprint Palm Pixi. After OS 1.4.5 update

Problem: Contacts-Notes Field-There are now strange symbols in many of my Contact's notes. Not every one but most. In the notes field, there are now <br /> symbols where there used to be spaces. The original text is still legible but the notes are hard to read with <br /> symbols everywhere.

Other than this problem, I've had no other issues with the 1.4.5 updater.

Perhaps someone could write an app to remove these extra characters? Homebrew anyone? Anyone...anyone... Bueller?

-Tom in KC
    Wow, it may not cause a problem, but having html tags showing up everywhere would be really annoying!
    I'm finding everything zippier, and while I'm willing to accept the placebo idea, Google Maps takes about 7 seconds now, compared to well over a minute for me pre-update.

Quote Originally Posted by ferriskeanu View Post
    I just checked...must be some kinda 1.4.5 speed placebo effect that your feeling. No faster here on my end...and that's while running the Uberkernel as well...
    Battery Update for me- just over 8 hours on a full charge with normal use.... stock prekernel in place.. i'm at 47% in a poor service area in a hospital using wifi. i usually have to either put my phone on airplane mode or plug it up to a charger around 7PM
    stock sprint pre: no battery change= dismal, google maps change=slow as ever, new issue never,ever had = headset/speakerphone crap = disscussed add infinitum. I know how to fix, don't need advice or pointers. Just reporting a "co-incidental" issue I never had and got immediately after update.
    I got universal search back after the upgrade. I had the old 800mhz kernal from unixpsyco and when I installed Uberkernal I lost the ability to universal search but when I upgraded today I got it back. I didn't do anything special... Too lazy... It just came back. Cool
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast