Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Hey, all the sprinklers are on here.......glad my Pre was put away when I walked outside!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    After doing the update and reinstalling all the patches I also find everything moving faster. Google maps load quicker. GPS is faster, Programs that took their time seem to pop right up. For now the Pre seems new again. Then I ran 800mhz and the phone wanted to fly out of my hand. Now lets see how our batteries hold up. If we can get 25% more time on them it would make the update well worth it.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    All OC kernels including the ones from the test feeds (f105/sr71) are suppose to be compatible with 1.4.5 (was asked earlier in this thread)
  4.    #44  
    I really haven't noticed any speed changes!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I really haven't noticed any speed changes!
    iho I believe it's mostly placebo...like I said earlier in this thread I have compared some of the loading times that I have saved on spreadsheets using identical OC kernels and times are the same for me on 1.4.5 as they were on 1.4.1...
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by ferriskeanu View Post
    iho I believe it's mostly placebo...like I said earlier in this thread I have compared some of the loading times that I have saved on spreadsheets using identical OC kernels and times are the same for me on 1.4.5 as they were on 1.4.1...
    I can believe this, I did launch google maps, I've only used it once or twice, but it didn't seem to load faster than any other time or faster than any other app.

For my boot screens, I just think something is screwed up, but I don't consider that a real problem. I can always run a repair on it later, or do a doctor when the new one is out.

This update really didn't say anything about speed or battery improvements, it was all minor stuff, except for the PDK.
    I am unable to install any OC Kernel.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I gave it a try! Deleted the 'add/remove pages' patch, luna restart, and then tried to uninstall the stuck patch. Nope, didn't work. Grrrr...

Getting the following error (in case someone has another suggestion).
    The Named Pages patch is very sensitive. Remove any launcher related patches first and then update the Named Pages patch. Then you can put the others back.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Running SR71 @1.2ghz and it's great. That free piano app is pretty responsive, though I'd hate to see what it's like at 500mhz haha.

Universal Search has definitely improved, even if it's just faster animations.
    Old Kyocera Phone (pay as you go) > Motorola RAZR > Palm Centro > Palm Pre
    I found Sprint TV and Youtube to run much smoother since the update. No pauses or hiccups. It seems to be buffering much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    The Named Pages patch is very sensitive. Remove any launcher related patches first and then update the Named Pages patch. Then you can put the others back.

I removed all launcher related patches(add/delete pages and glass effect) and the named pages patch still won't update. Any other suggestions?
    I haven't spent a whole lot of time with the update yet but I do think that universal search is faster. I then went into Govnah and boosted to 600 MHz (where I typically leave it, but I had lowered it to 500 prior to the update, just in case). Then I thought I'd check Calendar and it opened MUCH faster than before; faster than running at 600 MHz prior to the update.

I haven't found anything to be broken yet. Good update so far.
    I went from a completely stock 1.4.1 Pre to a 1.4.5 Pre, and have noticed that for a short while when starting to boot, the pulsing light behind the Palm logo doesn't show, but after a minute or so, it starts to pulsate as normal. Only pulsates for about 15 seconds before it finishes booting up.

Pre WiFi Tether Results
    Quote Originally Posted by Malefickus View Post
    I went from a completely stock 1.4.1 Pre to a 1.4.5 Pre, and have noticed that for a short while when starting to boot, the pulsing light behind the Palm logo doesn't show, but after a minute or so, it starts to pulsate as normal. Only pulsates for about 15 seconds before it finishes booting up.
    This is normal. When the phone is booting the logo does not glow, but glows when loading luna.

so what is the deal with text entry? Mine is the same, the screen does not follow the cursor. This is what I was most excited about in this update; I hate having to zoom out to see the text.
    I don't think following the cursor was ever mentioned, from my take, when typing on some web pages it would jump to the top left of the page for no reason, and that is what seems to be fixed.
    I want my.... I want my.... I want my .5!!!!
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    anyone else notice the web pages are not doing that weird refresh thing anymore? It's not happening for me yet.
    the phone seems much faster and responsive but i had to reinstall over 30 different patches that did not install with the new update.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    I removed all launcher related patches(add/delete pages and glass effect) and the named pages patch still won't update. Any other suggestions?
    Same problem here. Out of 31 installed patches, the Named Pages patch is the only one that won't update or be removed. I have uninstalled Advanced Launcher Options, Add/Delete Pages, and Date as Carrier String. I don't see any other installed patches that seem to be launcher related.

Here's my IPKG log:

1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-named-pages-in-the-launcher.prerm 2>&1
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    Check for md5sum in /usr/lib/ipkg/info
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/app-info-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    8 out of 8 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/dialogs/app-info.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/launcher-scene.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/sources.json.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css.rej

Any help appreciated.
    Google Maps is just as slow to load as ever for me...
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast