Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thechosenfew88 View Post
    Google Maps is opening much faster now.
    I just checked...must be some kinda 1.4.5 speed placebo effect that your feeling. No faster here on my end...and that's while running the Uberkernel as well...
    hey newman, my named pages patch did that too. I fixed it by removing the add pages patch, then installing the named patch first
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I have a full head of hair, but have a feeling I'll be bald by the week's end if I can't get this one patch (Named Pages in Launcher) either updated or uninstalled. Now I can't even get to the 'Tweaks' settings in WOSQI because the app tries to update the patches first, but that one keeps causing it issues and can't go any further. Looks like I'll be stuck with the stock boot (nothing changed on mine) screen until a fix comes around!

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines " Cptn Steve McCroskey
    Okay, I admit to use the tweaks and install my logos, again, I used my roommates WebOS QI, so it wouldn't be looking for what was on my phone. LOL!

He has Pre+ on Verizon. He let me borrow his laptop, I fired it up, hooked up my phone and put my images back in.

I'm actually having a little trouble getting WebOS QI to work right on my Mac. I am sure I am missing something, but I just got it and am not too familiar with it, yet.

I hope you get it figure out, though. I updated all my patches right through Preware and didn't run into an issue with any of them.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I just did a luna restart-same ole bootscreen.

try webos-repair to replace ur bootscreen, as I'm sure somethings altered on yours.
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
    Quote Originally Posted by ferriskeanu View Post
    I just checked...must be some kinda 1.4.5 speed placebo effect that your feeling. No faster here on my end...and that's while running the Uberkernel as well...
    No placebo for me... I've timed the app in the past and it has been opening a lot faster with this update for me.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    hey newman, my named pages patch did that too. I fixed it by removing the add pages patch, then installing the named patch first
    I actually forgot about that, I had a couple that wouldn't work, until I uninstalled and reinstalled them in a different order. I didn't think it made any sense, but it worked, so I also didn't care.
    No placebo on mine-normally takes a longtime with me, long enough that my screen goes asleep. Now, it's under 10 secs
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
    im currently installing the update now. I was wondering if any of you guys tried installing the F105 thunderchief kernel yet? or even the uber kernel?
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by imop45 View Post
    I just did a luna restart-same ole bootscreen.

try webos-repair to replace ur bootscreen, as I'm sure somethings altered on yours.
    No, I am not worried about the way it works, just thought it was odd and I don't have access to WebOS QI at the moment, anyway.

I only used it long enough to put my custom ones back in.
    No speed placebo effect here either. The app is definitely launching faster compared to previous times with older updates. And I don't even have the uber kernal installed. Stock brand new Pre out the box.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    No placebo for me... I've timed the app in the past and it has been opening a lot faster with this update for me.
    I am clueless on this one as I've rarely used google maps, I usually use the Sprint Nav.
    I did have one strange issue...after updating to 1.4.5 as well as patches and OC kernel my phone refused to charge. Did a couple of soft resets...then a few battery pulls and it finally started to charge again...eventually lost power and ended up with the battery logo...all is fine now...strange though...
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang94 View Post
    im currently installing the update now. I was wondering if any of you guys tried installing the F105 thunderchief kernel yet? or even the uber kernel?
    I had to update my Uber, after 1.4.5 and it's working fine.
  14.    #34  
    Yeah, I just tried another Luna restart and it's still doing a weird boot. It hangs for a few seconds, then flashes to one of my images, it explodes and I am back up.
    No one has mentioned this one but it's pretty small: In Universal Search, when you are typing you see the numbers at the top and the corresponding letters under them.
    Quote Originally Posted by thechosenfew88 View Post
    No speed placebo effect here either. The app is definitely launching faster compared to previous times with older updates. And I don't even have the uber kernal installed. Stock brand new Pre out the box.
    I am surprised to hear some here saying it's loading faster (and maybe it is for you)...but I just timed it and compared to spreadsheets of the time it takes various apps to load using various kernels...including Palms kernel and see know increase in speed...All I timed just now was the Uberkernel @ 1.4.1 running @800 & 1.005...and compared to 1.4.5
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    I gave it a try! Deleted the 'add/remove pages' patch, luna restart, and then tried to uninstall the stuck patch. Nope, didn't work. Grrrr...

Getting the following error (in case someone has another suggestion).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wow... Universal Search really is a speed demon now. Any faster and it would give me the results before I started typing!
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang94 View Post
    Uber is working fine here as well...
    F105 kernal works great
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast