Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I hope someone with his app has a solution or has at least experienced the same thing.

Recently, within the past week or two the Quaker app, which I'm sure by now you've figured out displays the most recent earthquake information (which is gathered from the USGS Earthquake website), has been giving me the wrong dates for the earthquakes.. I mean months of a difference.

For example: There was a 5.3 magnitude earthquake in Vanuatu that happened today. My Quaker app says that it happened and it showed up in my list, but it says that the earthquake happened 243 days 19 min and 33 secs ago.. but I know it happened today. USGS says it happened today. When you click on the earthquake info in the app, it takes you to a details page that tells you the same thing (243d 19m 33s), but it also gives you a link to the USGS website... where it has a completely different date, but the correct one.

There is a filter function in the app too. I've set the filter to the "past 2 days" and nothing shows up because all of the dates are some how screwed up. I've checked the date information of my phone, and it's correct, so I don't think that's the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why it would be giving me these bogus dates? Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks in advance guys.
    Sorry for the delay in responding to this. I hadn't noticed this posting. I have updated Quaker with a fix the problem you were reporting. The issue started on Aug 1st and was indeed a bug in the date/time code. The latest update fixes the problem.

Thank you

Rob Thuleen
    RBT Development