1.    #1  
    Today in my local newspaper there was a 2-page, full color ad from USAA for their new car-buying iphone app. Looks cool. This is the kind of stuff we need! I sent them an email reminding them of WebOS and all us users out here. I've done this before with other companies when they advertise their iphone apps. I hope we are all doing this. They need to hear from us and know we're here and buying their products and services! I know we're comparitively small, but they don't know we're here if we don't get noisy! Get active!

I just read elsewhere that P|C is anticipating its 400,000th member. There's power there! Get noisy, people!

Power to the People!

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Kudos to you. Unfortunately, until we get the new update on Pres, I don't think many places are going to start scrambling to develop their apps for WebOS. Some new hardware, that brings in new users would also help.

WebOS users are still a small, niche market. Most of the people who have it truly love it, but we are far, far outnumbered by iPhone and Android users. These companies can make a lot more money by putting something in their app catalogs and, even if their app is free, their business is just going to get noticed by a lot more people.

Business growth is all about getting the attention of the public and those who are smart at it have to concentrate on reaching the bulk of the masses, they simply can't put as much time, effort and money into targeting such a small audience.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  3.    #3  
    I know. I know about economies of scale and all that, but I just don't like the feeling that we're sitting around accepting our lot in life because "we're #3 (or 4 or whatever)." Don't you think that if we were more vocal, they - someone - might sit up and take notice? (Sorry, I'm an old flower-power hippie baby boomer, and we got loud! )

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Let's follow HP/Palm's lead and be very quiet.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    It's the calm before the storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    I know. I know about economies of scale and all that, but I just don't like the feeling that we're sitting around accepting our lot in life because "we're #3 (or 4 or whatever)." Don't you think that if we were more vocal, they - someone - might sit up and take notice? (Sorry, I'm an old flower-power hippie baby boomer, and we got loud! )
    I was born a little to late for that! LOL! Skipped the whole hippie, flower child generation.

Hope I didn't upset you and I am glad you understood what I said.

The chances of anyone paying attention as a result of several emails for something to be ported to WebOS, when they are getting thousands of requests from users on the other platforms, is very slim.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    letting yourself be heard is never a bad thing when requesting apps or functionality. There may not be as many webos users out there as iPhone or android users .. That is obvious .. Companies will respond if they see interest from other platforms. Total silence equals doesn't exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    It's the calm before the storm.
    Palm's acquisition by HP could produce a perfect storm for smartphones