1.    #1  
    I have a Sprint Pre and have been seeing the rumors that Sprint is moving away from WiMax. If true then it's almost logical that the next Palm device on Sprint won't be 4G because they don't know what to build for. Maybe just an over-reaction but I also heard that Sprint built there 4G service to also be able to switch to LTE with some ease...if so then my statement would be valid with no 4G Sprint Palm device until Sprint makes up there mind. Also I was reading on this site and others that Sprint is most likely to go LTE to make T-Mobile and Sprint more compatible to jion forces against Verion and AT&T. So someone please enlighten me on what you believe will or won't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne173 View Post
    I have a Sprint Pre and have been seeing the rumors that Sprint is moving away from WiMax. If true then it's almost logical that the next Palm device on Sprint won't be 4G because they don't know what to build for. Maybe just an over-reaction but I also heard that Sprint built there 4G service to also be able to switch to LTE with some ease...if so then my statement would be valid with no 4G Sprint Palm device until Sprint makes up there mind. Also I was reading on this site and others that Sprint is most likely to go LTE to make T-Mobile and Sprint more compatible to jion forces against Verion and AT&T. So someone please enlighten me on what you believe will or won't happen.
    Can I first say their My eyes are bleeding, lol

I don't exactly see the logic in your argument as Sprint is still rolling out wimax and hasn't got plans to stop, unless I have missed something (possible as a UK resident). I doubt Palm's next device being 4g is dependent on the argument put forward here.

Pip
  3.    #3  
    Well my argument is that how can Palm roll out a 4G device on Sprint when Sprint has hinted @ going to LTE. My brother in law has the EVO and has also heard a rumor the Sprint may change there path on which 4G (WiMax or LTE) tech they want to use. It like the old saying.....what comes first, chicken or the egg? What does Palm put out now....a Wimax or LTE version for Sprint if they change over in a year or two to LTE.

one more point is that I see that the other carriers are going LTE. All the more reason for Sprint to change to allow there customer base better 4G coverage through roaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne173 View Post
    Well my argument is that how can Palm roll out a 4G device on Sprint when Sprint has hinted @ going to LTE. My brother in law has the EVO and has also heard a rumor the Sprint may change their path on which 4G (WiMax or LTE) tech they want to use. It's like the old saying.....what comes first, chicken or the egg? What does Palm put out now....a Wimax or LTE version for Sprint if they change over in a year or two to LTE.

one more point is that I see that the other carriers are going LTE. All the more reason for Sprint to change to allow there customer base better 4G coverage through roaming.
    Sprint is not exactly going to switch off their wimax network any time soon, as they would pee off at least a few evo customers.
    Also if the rumored new Palm phone is out before/during the holidays of this year, and sprint is going to be a carrier of this new phone then Sprint would have requested the specifics modems and radio's that would be put in it possibly months ago. That would not be a decision they could easily change now.
    The biggest factors to whether the next Palm phone is 4G
    1)Whether or not they wanted 4g in the first place
    2) Supposed Carrier
    3) Expected release date

Pip
    Last edited by pip smith; 08/07/2010 at 07:37 PM.
    I still don't believe that Sprin will buy Tmobile. They have already gone through that with Nextel and from what I understand it was total hell. Plus the fact that they are still not compatible, both Nextel and Tmobile. This is probably just Sprint reaching for a stock bump. They have already invested pretty heavily in Wimax and I can't see that they are in a position to change now especially for a far fetched merger with Tmobile.
    sprint will not only continue to roll out wimax , but will also build their own LTE network . Ol Dan Hesse has already stated that they bought up enough extra airwave bands to do this and run both wimax and LTE at the same time and probably will do just that !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I suspect there will be dual wimax and lte chips. The are already talks about wimax being the low end high speed and lte being high end high speed. Clear has had test trials with lte and its running 20-70mbps. I think they will be doing both. Wimax will eventually phase out.