1.    #1  
    So my mom has only had Sprint for a few weeks and her service at work is crap as is her Samsung Seek phone. Really it is. That phone should be burned in a pit! Shes been complaining about it and when she heard I switched to Verizon on Friday and ordered us Pixi+'s (they come Monday) she asked if she could do that. Went online and it ships on Monday and will be here on Tuesday. Canceled her Sprint and shes good to go. Shes never owned anything close to a Pixi+ nevermind WebOS. Its going to be a lot to teach her (she isnt technical at all) but I know once shes used to it shes going to love it! So now I have 4 Pixi+'s to set up on Monday for myself, hubby and two kids and another to set up on Tuesday for mom! Thank God I know what Im doing! Kinda lol!

Melissa <- far too excited for words to be spreading some WebOS/Pixi+ love to others
  2. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Pixi+ is a good phone.
    Pixi or Pre they both come with webos... Excellent choice.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    I couldn't do that to my mom even if I hated her...a Pixi???
    I take it you arent a fan of the Pixi? lol. Actually the main reason for the Pixi+ is she hates the slider on her phone she has now so she didnt want another one with a hidden keyboard leaving out the Pre+.
    A year ago, when I bought my Pre, I offered to buy my daughter one at the same time. She refused because all she heard was horror stories from friends and family with touch screens. She chose a Samsung with a keyboard instead. Fast forward to this past week when she ordered and received her Pre. She loves it, including the touch screen. It only took a year for her to se the light. LOL
    haapala, you need to set u a Pixi for your hubby? Is it opposite day already?
    'til we meet again.
    THL
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by THL View Post
    haapala, you need to set u a Pixi for your hubby? Is it opposite day already?
    LOL yep! My husband isnt nearly the phone/computer geek I am. I always get the new phone first and he checks mine out for a while then decides if he wants one. He had no interest in a Pre or Pixi until he saw Need For Speed on my Pre. He had it on his Blackberry and couldnt believe the difference. From that point on hes been wanting one so when we switched to Verizon I said do it even though he was thinking of another Blackberry. Of course neither of us can have it on the Pixi+ until the missing update hits but Im sure I can find him something else between the app catalog and Preware to keep him busy in the meantime . He will get used to the Pixi+ fast I think. My mom on the other hand will be more of a challenge which is why even though most people say they are out dated we went with the Pixi+ for everyone. I already know WebOS after over a year with it and "old" or not I love it as much as I did day one. For my husband, mom and kids this is going to be such a huge upgrade so Im excited for them. For me a slight downgrade from my Pre to Pixi+ but Im good with that until Palm hits me with the next amazing WebOS device

Melissa
    A Pixi? Oh no. Pixi's are great for first smartphone owners and teens, but for real techies, I suggest a Pre. Why? Because the Pixi is extremely slow for those who like to use their phones a lot. I personally don't mind the small screen size, because the form factor is great. But the speed is just way too slow. I'm not going to lie though, my Pre Plus is slow sometimes too, but its bearable, the Pixi just isn't even bearable. But atleast you are with Verizon now, they have great customer service. But, then again, there plans are sorta expensive.

Anway, I wish you luck with your Pixi's, and if you find you don't like it you can exchange it within the first 30 days.
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
  9.    #9  
    Oh I already know I won't like it since I'm switching from a Pre! lol. But I'm going to tough it out till something new is out.
    Quote Originally Posted by haapala View Post
    Oh I already know I won't like it since I'm switching from a Pre! lol. But I'm going to tough it out till something new is out.
    Why don't you just get yourself a Pre Plus then? They aren't that much more expensive. And in the long run they are DEFINITELY worth it.

Here to help and learn
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    Why don't you just get yourself a Pre Plus then? They aren't that much more expensive. And in the long run they are DEFINITELY worth it.
    Oh I agree 110% and I was going to pay the extra $50 for a Pre+ but when I added it to the order my deposit (never paid Sprint a deposit) went from $300 for 4 lines which I didnt mind at all to $1600 for 4 lines. All for one Pre+. So I called the order hotline to try finding out why and they couldnt figure it out either and said that was what their credit dept was asking for. So I did the same for my mom who has damn near perfect credit (mine isnt bad either) and it did the same to her. Its obviously not worth that kind of deposit so I figured I would give the Pixi+ a shot and if I really hate it that much or if the update isnt out in the next few weeks *crosses fingers* Ill get a used Pre+ off Ebay or from the marketplace on here for myself and sell the Pixi+. Its worth it to save on the bill every month with my husbands work discount and for him and the kids to get better phones that what they have now. I went through the app list today and Im losing about 25 apps by going Pixi+. Most are games but in all honesty Im a gamer big time when the kids are playing outside or waiting for appointments or at 2am when I cant sleep. So Im not thrilled to be losing that many games but again my hope is the update will fix some of those. Plus I really believe Palm is going to give us a new device soon and I dont mind handing over cash for it just like I did to get my original Sprint Pre. I just couldnt see spending that kind of money right now to get a Pre+ when something new might be out sooner than we think or I can get a used one fairly cheap.

Melissa
    Quote Originally Posted by haapala View Post
    Oh I agree 110% and I was going to pay the extra $50 for a Pre+ but when I added it to the order my deposit (never paid Sprint a deposit) went from $300 for 4 lines which I didnt mind at all to $1600 for 4 lines. All for one Pre+. So I called the order hotline to try finding out why and they couldnt figure it out either and said that was what their credit dept was asking for. So I did the same for my mom who has damn near perfect credit (mine isnt bad either) and it did the same to her. Its obviously not worth that kind of deposit so I figured I would give the Pixi+ a shot and if I really hate it that much or if the update isnt out in the next few weeks *crosses fingers* Ill get a used Pre+ off Ebay or from the marketplace on here for myself and sell the Pixi+. Its worth it to save on the bill every month with my husbands work discount and for him and the kids to get better phones that what they have now. I went through the app list today and Im losing about 25 apps by going Pixi+. Most are games but in all honesty Im a gamer big time when the kids are playing outside or waiting for appointments or at 2am when I cant sleep. So Im not thrilled to be losing that many games but again my hope is the update will fix some of those. Plus I really believe Palm is going to give us a new device soon and I dont mind handing over cash for it just like I did to get my original Sprint Pre. I just couldnt see spending that kind of money right now to get a Pre+ when something new might be out sooner than we think or I can get a used one fairly cheap.

Melissa
    Okay, uh, this may sound a little stupid but...I honestly had NO idea what you were talking about in the beginning of the paragraph. I don't understand why they would want more money, but ok. Well, I'm sorry you have to get a Pixi. Maybe it won't be too bad. Good luck.

Here to help and learn