1.    #1  
    I was thinking about an awesome strategy.....what if HP had some internal goal to build and release like 1000 apps in support and to bolster webOS 2.0 release. If a PalmPad is coming around 2.0 then it'll need them for sure to be a viable slate/tablet platform.
    Chances are, this is their strategy. They have about 50,000 engineers (if I remember correctly) and a bunch of them are working on webOS apps (so they can see how viable the platform is, or so says HP).

I would assume they'll be releasing these apps to the public under the HP name (since Palm employees--and presumably the parent company's employees--cannot release, or at lease sell, apps).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton;
    Chances are, this is their strategy. They have about 50,000 engineers (if I remember correctly) and a bunch of them are working on webOS apps (so they can see how viable the platform is, or so says HP).

I would assume they'll be releasing these apps to the public under the HP name (since Palm employees--and presumably the parent company's employees--cannot release, or at lease sell, apps).
    Yea...that's what I was thinking but thought that they only had a few thousand engineers/programmers. With that many programmers dogfooding webOS, there ought to be something great apps coming our way.