1.    #1  
    Please help me? I just got a Palm Pre Plus from a friend and I really wanted to root the phone, but I have noticed that everything seems to be for the Pre only. Can anyone direct me to the correct place where I can find what I need???

Thanks Qweeni
    Everything for the Pre works with the + they're basically the same phone
    You don't have to "root" a Pre. Just install Preware and you will have a ton of fun patches and Homebrew apps.

Search for Getting Started with Homebrew on PreCentral. That will take you through a step by step. Pre=Pre+ when it comes to apps and Preware (except a few carrier specific apps).
    Quote Originally Posted by Qweeni View Post
    Please help me? I just got a Palm Pre Plus from a friend and I really wanted to root the phone, but I have noticed that everything seems to be for the Pre only. Can anyone direct me to the correct place where I can find what I need???

Thanks Qweeni
    Welcome to PreCentral and the world of webOS. What you need is right here: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    +1 Welcome to PreCentral. Have fun with the patches. You think you have a great phone now....Wait for it......wait for it....patch here, patch there... wait for it.....BANG! now it's a great phone.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Well I can't add anything more than that. The PrePlus is a Pre with just some extra memory. So all here is as everyone says for both phones. And in most cases, even the Pixi.

You need WebOS Quick Install and Preware.

Do searches for those two things and read, read, read..... and ask lots of 'detailed questions'.

Example: do not say 'my phone is broken please help'. DO say 'my phone is broken and here is what is broken, I did X and I did Y and got result Z.... That helps everyone here to be able to help you fast. Give lots of information in messages when you need help, and you will get the best answers back.

Have a great time!

Rob

PS One more thing, you can NOT break your phone with 'rooting' or as we might call it 'Homebrew'.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I can't get my palm pre plus to connect to the webOS quick installer. My computer recognizes it, but not the installer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogo947 View Post
    I can't get my palm pre plus to connect to the webOS quick installer. My computer recognizes it, but not the installer.
    When you say your computer recognizes it - what do you mean specifically? Also what version of webOS Quick Installer and what Operating System (and version). What error?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogo947 View Post
    Enter "webos20090606" in search. Tap Developer Mode Enabler, then enable developer mode.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    It found it. It was because I didn't have novacom.
    The Preware Homebrew Documentation app in the official app catalog has detailed step-by-step instructions with many screenshots that show how to do all the things mentioned in this thread.

-- Rod