Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Yes...I have been told specifically "do NOT get an iPh4 and wait for the Holiday season"....
    Oh, ok then. As long as you've been told.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Yes...I have been told specifically "do NOT get an iPh4 and wait for the Holiday season"....
    by your wife? Sounds like you're getting a new phone for Christmas! Enjoy! Hopefully she knows that if a webOS device comes out to get you one instead of the iPhone4.
    Ok, sure...whatever. @morrison0880 @frankos72...I suppose you have info that states otherwise?
  4.    #24  
    Hi all,

1. Do you really think they are going to release webOS 2.0 without a new phone? I am sure there will be a phone with it.

Ruby said, WebOS 2.0 is coming "later this year", (she the article below).

2. I am sure that from just a few days after Pre & Pixi first went up for sale, that the were starting on their next generation Pre, (or what ever they will call it).

Of course, that was slowed down due to Palm's financial situation. However, I would be surprised if Palm didn't get some kind of financing in place from the minute HP came onto the scene.

I am talking about the period of time that the buyout was announce, but hadn't yet happened. HP could have lent them $ or they could have gotten some type of bridge financing in place. (Late April 2010 until July 1st 2010). After that time, HP I am sure has advanced Palm a great deal of money!

I am sure that caused development to surge within Palm.

3. This is also taken from the article below:

Rubinstein made the first a public reference to the next generation of WebOS, saying that WebOS 2.0 is coming "later this year", with "aggressive" new hardware development currently in place. In fact, HP plans to dabble in nearly every current mobile form factor with WebOS, as stated by Rubinstein:

We're working a wide variety, as Todd said, smart phones definitely, slates, netbooks, working with the guys in the printer group. webOS
    [...] will have a unified user interface across all of these, will have a unified developer environment, and it's all based on the foundation that we build in webOS from day one. When we developed webOS, we thought about making this scalable across a variety of mobile devices; that's what we'll be delivering going forward.

4. I am SURE that webOS will either perform functions that will either not work AS well on the current PRE or not work at all, than on a new one with new internal architecture.

5. Why was Palm working so hard to get rid of it's over stocked Pre's, after all the price of them had/has gone down to ZERO!

Well that's how I see it...time will tell!

Please Note; There are dozens of articles all over the web, that have almost the same content.

Take care,

Jay

webOS 2 Plans Plus Future Palm Form Factors
    Posted By: Kris Keilhack Saturday, July 24, 2010 6:14:34 AM

webOS 2 Plans Plus Future Palm Form Factors

Thursday was one of the most news-worthy days thus far in the post-acquisition HP/Palm world. Taking the stage at the Fortune Magazine Brainstorm tech conference in Aspen, Colorado, Todd Bradley of HP and Jon Rubinstein of Palm discussed all things WebOS. Most significantly, Rubinstein made the first a public reference to the next generation of WebOS, saying that WebOS 2.0 is coming "later this year", with "aggressive" new hardware development currently in place. In fact, HP plans to dabble in nearly every current mobile formfactor with WebOS, as stated by Rubinstein:

We're working a wide variety, as Todd said, smartphones definitely, slates, netbooks, working with the guys in the printer group. webOS [...] will have a unified user interface across all of these, will have a unified developer environment, and it's all based on the foundation that we build in webOS from day one. When we developed webOS, we thought about making this scalable across a variety of mobile devices; that's what we'll be delivering going forward.

However, HP's original Windows 7-powered Slate tablet has not disappeared into oblivion and will live on as an Enterprise-oriented device, per Todd Bradley:

Our focus is working with still our largest software partner Microsoft to create a tablet, a slate for the enterprise business. [...] We have worked very closely with some of our commercial partners to understand what that market's like. [It will be launched] this fall. We are working to find the right set of customers, it will be customer specific than more broadly deployed.

As I speculated last week, HP is apparently pushing for WebOS on as many of their non-Wintel consumer-oriented products as possible, which can only be a good thing for the Palm faithful. With repeated remarks to "this year", it's looking like the dearth of new product that plagued Palm in the first half of the year may be alleviated as the holiday season approaches. Another sign of optimism that the classic Palm branding may continue to live on as a sub-brand for HP, according to HP.

HP CEO Mark Hurd's interview with the German-language Frankfurter Allgemeine (via FAZ.net). Palm may very well live on in HP's mobile product lineup, much like how Compaq serves as HP's value-oriented PC line or how Acer differentiates between otherwise similar Acer, Gateway, and Packard Bell products in varying regions. It is also conceivable that HP could field various non-Palm branded devices running WebOS 2.0.

Finally, EverythingPre is reporting that Todd Bradley and HP are so kindly supplying the crowd in attendance yesterday at Brainstorm that they would all be receiving a free AT&T Pre Plus with 90 days of complimentary service. More details as well as photos are available from PreCentral.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Since its acquisition by HP Palm a few months ago, we talked a lot about the future of webOS, on shelves or in printers, but much less for smartphones, although it is the first trade of Palm.
    WebOS on shelves? I'm sold!
    Last edited by SirataXero; 08/06/2010 at 12:52 AM.
    Ok, sure...whatever. @morrison0880 @frankos72...I suppose you have info that states otherwise?
    I don't. Sorry, no one has told me anything.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

no nothing to the contrary. However, I never said it wasn't happening, just that I hadn't seen any real evidence that it is happening. I asked for solid evidence and got Morrison0880ls reply. I felt he could be serious or could be sarcastic. Hence my reply.

Anyway, we finally got a reference to an article, thank you ILoveDessert, that at least gives some hope to a new device this fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Let us rejoice, the rumors we slip into the ear of good news: a new mobile would be in the pipes of the manufacturer, the C40! Boarding webOS course (in its version 2.0), this device could incorporate a 4.3 inch screen (480 x 800), an 8 megapixel digital camera with 720p video recording, Snapdragon processor 1 Ghz, 32 GB of storage, and support of many new gestures. The text retains the design of Pre, with a sliding keyboard:

The C40 is distributed exclusively by Sprint later this year. Attention all this is rumor and computation for the moment, so it should be taken with a grain of salt ...
    Exclusively on Sprint, hmmmm?

No word I suppose on whether it will support 4g?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    no nothing to the contrary. However, I never said it wasn't happening, just that I hadn't seen any real evidence that it is happening. I asked for solid evidence and got Morrison0880ls reply. I felt he could be serious or could be sarcastic. Hence my reply.

Anyway, we finally got a reference to an article, thank you ILoveDessert, that at least gives some hope to a new device this fall.
    LOL. Again, the need for sarcasm font. Although there are soooo many people who have been "told" that a phone is coming out in the summer...er, in the fall...er, when webOS hits 2.0...er...Everyone's got a source, but nothing will be solid in my mind until I get something concrete from HPalm.
    And the "article" is pretty much a joke. Someone at mobifrance saw this mock-up, probably thought it was the real thing, and wrote a piece like it was the real article.
    And Google translations rock! I can never stop laughing at them.

Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Although there are soooo many people who have been "told" that a phone is coming out in the summer...er, in the fall...er, when webOS hits 2.0...er...Everyone's got a source, but nothing will be solid in my mind until I get something concrete from HPalm.
    This is true, some sources are more reliable than others. Even reliable sources can be often times be inconclusive due to last-minute corporate changes and carrier approvals. The only real reliable proof is what HP says in a press release...then it's for real.

That said, I know who my source is and what's been said. They've been reliable in the past and haven't had any reason to doubt them.
    I've got a "friend" ( tho now I'm not sure how much of a friend) that works for sprint.. And when I asked him yest. If any new palm phones were coming out for sprint and his answer was no nothing new.... So either he doesn't know of anything new/ there isn't anything new/ or he lied and didn't wanna say anything....
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Exclusively on Sprint, hmmmm?

No word I suppose on whether it will support 4g?
    Making it 4G would be a huge selling point. Heck, if they released the same old Sprint Pre with 4G there's a whole new market for the device.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilbertg4x4 View Post
    I've got a "friend" ( tho now I'm not sure how much of a friend) that works for sprint.. And when I asked him yest. If any new palm phones were coming out for sprint and his answer was no nothing new.... So either he doesn't know of anything new/ there isn't anything new/ or he lied and didn't wanna say anything....
    But your friend also said that he didn't make out with your date on prom night when you thought she went to get that non-alcoholic punch stain out of her dress. Of course, he did hold up two curved fingers on each hand when he said make out with, so...I'm not sure what you can believe from that guy.

You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.
    Forget about French rumors, here is a fun translate from a Chinese website about the HP Slate:

"At present plate computer product which already officially promoted in the market condition, only then apple iPad as well as Dell's Steak. Soon officially joins besides Tristar's Galaxy Tab, other including brand big plants and so on Motorola, HP, RIM black raspberry, the market also pass on a message the related plate computer aircraft type also to be ready. Motorola's plate computer will use Gao Tong (Qualcomm) Snapdragon processor, potency about 1GHz, what possibly uses is Android 3.0 Gingerbread work frame. But HP's Slate 500 pieces possibly use Intel Atom the Z530 processor, the processing potency may reach 1.6GHz, matches Microsoft's Windows 7 perhaps the Palm operating system. As for RIM black raspberry's plate computer BlackPad, then possibly uses steps Will (Marvell) the Armada 610 processors, the processing potency also about 1GHz, the operating system possibly is BlackBerry 6 OS which develop."

Chinese Website on Slates
    Quote Originally Posted by imop45 View Post
    looks like the BB torch
    the bb torch looks like a pre
    Black raspberry! Bwaaahahahahaha!

17.    #37  
    Hi all,

This is how rumors flies across the Internet. This apparently was lifted from the French site, since this was posted AFTER the French site posted the tech info. Notice how close the tech specs are the same!

Keep in mind, we have no idea if it is even true! I have my doubts, b/c it is showing the same mock up Pre, that a member of Pre Central came up with!

Take care,

Jay

webOS Smartphone Palm C40 - 4G, 8 MP camera and 1 GHz processor
    Posted: Yesterday, 14:47 by Anton Chuiko

webOS Smartphone Palm C40 - 4G, 8 MP camera and 1 GHz processor IT - Chuiko | Technology News, IT News

In the Internet got information about the new smartphone Palm C40 (or already HP C40?) Based operating system webOS 2.0. Available image devices (although this model) and the list of characteristics. Palm C40 is made in the slider with a 4.3-inch touch screen and a retractable QWERTY keyboard below.

He, incidentally, according to some intended for the U.S. operator Sprint and can work in mobile networks, fourth generation (it is not clear, WiMax or LTE). Release is scheduled for the third or fourth quarter. The processor in the smartphone productive - 1 GHz (Platform Qualcomm Snapdragon).
    Among the other features of the device sources mention wireless modules Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, 32 GB internal memory, 512 MB RAM and a slot microSD. Regarding built-in camera Palm C40 is not entirely clear: according to some sources she was 5 megapixel, in the other - 8 MP, also referred to function Video 720p. Battery capacity is 1450 mAh. Recall, while there are only four models of smartphones based on webOS, more precisely, two and two versions of them. But the company HP, purchased the Palm, apparently decided not to stop there. We also know that she plans to optimize webOS Tablet
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Hi, Ive found some rumors about the possible new Palm C40 here (Russian website)) and here (German website), but I dont know whether the Russian website is a valid source. Could anyone speaking Russian check whether the content seems valid?

I assume that the information on the Russian website is only a conclusion of actual rumors (C40, release on Sprint, ...) and already confirmed information (new hardware in 2010 with webOS 2.0, ...). And I dont think the photo is real, too. Maybe it is photo-shopped?

Anyway, the specifications (taken from the German website, which refers to the Russian website) are kind of interesting: Palm C40 with webOS 2.0, 1 GHz Snapdragon-cpu, 512 MB RAM, 4.3 touchscreen with resolution 480x800, 32 GB internal storage, support for microSD-cards, camera with 5 or 8 MB megapicels and hd-video-recording, slider with full keyboard.
    Last edited by Stefan D.; 08/07/2010 at 01:27 PM.
    The future of HP/Palm and WebOS without updates to WebOS 2.x for older WebOS-devices? Last one turn of the lights.
    somebody posted this a few days ago
    jesus christ... a member of precentral made that mockup and its been circulating the internet for awhile now. there are plenty of threads related to rumors, no need to start up another one.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast