1.    #1  
    Title pretty much sums it up. I've got a boatload of podcasts I've copied to the Pre, but I'd like to listen to them in chronological order, not alphabetical order. Is there a way on the Pre to do this, whether in the bundled Music player or in another app?
    I use DrPodder. By far my most used app. Check it out it's great.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, I'll check that out. Before I dish out that stiff $0.99 though, I'm curious whether it'll let me import all the old podcasts I have stored on my computer? Most of them aren't currently available anymore from their direct podcast feeds. (For example, This American Life only keeps the latest podcast available at any given time. I've got a few dozen of them saved in iTunes that I can copy over to the Pre. Would DrPodder be able to see/read those?)
    Drpodder, you can download nightly (or whatever time) so you have the latest podcast of your show.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

5. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by popechild View Post
    Thanks, I'll check that out. Before I dish out that stiff $0.99 though, I'm curious whether it'll let me import all the old podcasts I have stored on my computer? Most of them aren't currently available anymore from their direct podcast feeds. (For example, This American Life only keeps the latest podcast available at any given time. I've got a few dozen of them saved in iTunes that I can copy over to the Pre. Would DrPodder be able to see/read those?)
    Yes, you can copy over those podcasts to the Pre from your computer in USB mode, and then listen to them in DrPodder.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Yes, you can copy over those podcasts to the Pre from your computer in USB mode, and then listen to them in DrPodder.
    I'm not able to figure this out. I see the drPodder directory on the Pre, and I'm viewing hidden files/folders so I can see the different podcast directories in there, but I can't figure out how to get any previously downloaded podcasts that I copy over to show up in drPodder. Anywhere I could find more info on how to accomplish this?

Thanks!
  7.    #7  
    I've read some reviews on drPodder, and searched through the options on it myself, and still can't find any way to import old podcasts (no longer downloadable through their feeds) to listen to. Any help?
  8.    #8  
    Nothing? Should I give up on this quest?
    Nothing? Should I give up on this quest?
    If they are no longer downloadable, there is no way to expect a podcast app to get them. What are you trying to accomplish exactly?
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    If they are no longer downloadable, there is no way to expect a podcast app to get them. What are you trying to accomplish exactly?
    I have them downloaded already, but they were downloaded through iTunes. I'd like to move them onto my Pre in a manner in which I can listen to them in chronological order. Currently if I just copy/paste them in USB mode and listen to them in the standard music player, it shows them all listed by title in alphabetical order and there doesn't seem to be a way to see the air dates for them.

So I don't need to find a way to download them, I have them already. Just need to find a way to put them on the Pre in a manner by which I can have them in chronological order on the phone, or at least see their air dates in order to manually listen to them in the proper order.

Hopefully that's clearer.
    If the podcast you want still exists (I know the ones you have are no longer available) you could add the feed in drPodder then dump your files into the folder that it creates itself for that feed. That might allow drPodder to read them as previously downloaded.

If the podcast you want no longer exists at all, you may be better off just renaming and retagging the files in such a way that your music player of choice reads them in the order you want. :\
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I have them downloaded already, but they were downloaded through iTunes. I'd like to move them onto my Pre in a manner in which I can listen to them in chronological order. Currently if I just copy/paste them in USB mode and listen to them in the standard music player, it shows them all listed by title in alphabetical order and there doesn't seem to be a way to see the air dates for them.

So I don't need to find a way to download them, I have them already. Just need to find a way to put them on the Pre in a manner by which I can have them in chronological order on the phone, or at least see their air dates in order to manually listen to them in the proper order.

Hopefully that's clearer.
    If you have them in a folder on your computer why not adjust the file to list them in the order you want, and then number them manually before you transfer them to the Pre. That's what I would do.

13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    If you have them in a folder on your computer why not adjust the file to list them in the order you want, and then number them manually before you transfer them to the Pre. That's what I would do.
    Yeah, I'll probably end up trying to do that, was just trying to avoid it since I have a hundred or more of them. I did try putting them in the existing folder created by drPodder for the same podcast stream, but they still don't show up for whatever reason.
    I understand. Just do a small batch at a time.