Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi, I have a Palm Pre Plus through AT&T and accidentally deleted Preware from my phone. I saw that there was an update and it said I had to delete the original to update it and derp de derp de derp. Now Preware isn't listed in WebOS Quick Install, and I'm not sure how to get it back on my phone. Thanks in advance for any help.

PS: PreCentral wouldn't let me post on any other forum, so I hope it's alright to post this topic here.
    Stand-alone installer: http://get.preware.org
    Otherwise you can use WebOS Quick Install

Sorry, this is a better link with instructions:
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Application:Preware
    Last edited by alex.dobeck; 08/02/2010 at 04:32 PM.
  3.    #3  
    I tried the stand-alone installer, and the first time it said there was an error. After that, it installed but only rearranged all of my apps instead of install Preware. And as I said, WebOS Quick Install doesn't have Preware listed to download anymore. I have my phone on developer mode and everything. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
    It's under "WebOS-Internals Feed (Pre)" in WebOSQI. Doesn't show up on the default listings when you hit the little down arrow.
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
  5.    #5  
    Thank you, I found it, but it still won't install. It acts as if it does, but then I can't find it on my phone. There is no icon, it doesn't come up with the universal search, and it's not in the app list. I tested another app through quick install (predoodle) and this error message came up:

Error: An error has occured while attempting to install .com.predoodle_1.0.0_all.ipk

Begin installation com.predoodle
    Installing com.predoodle (1.0.0) to root...
    An error occured, return calue: 28.
    Collected errors:
    Only have 0 avaiable blocks on filesystem /media/cryptofs/apps/,pkg com.predoodle needs 1 bad statfs

I think about the same thing came up when I tried to reinstall Preware at one point. Does all this mean I'll have to use the webOSDoctor or is it a problem with quick install? I'm at a loss.
    Did you remember to put your device in Developer Mode?
  7.    #7  
    it's been on the whole time
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPlatypus87 View Post
    Thank you, I found it, but it still won't install. It acts as if it does, but then I can't find it on my phone. There is no icon, it doesn't come up with the universal search, and it's not in the app list. I tested another app through quick install (predoodle) and this error message came up:

Error: An error has occured while attempting to install .com.predoodle_1.0.0_all.ipk

Begin installation com.predoodle
    Installing com.predoodle (1.0.0) to root...
    An error occured, return calue: 28.
    Collected errors:
    Only have 0 avaiable blocks on filesystem /media/cryptofs/apps/,pkg com.predoodle needs 1 bad statfs

I think about the same thing came up when I tried to reinstall Preware at one point. Does all this mean I'll have to use the webOSDoctor or is it a problem with quick install? I'm at a loss.
    I think you have corrupted the file that I have put in bold. And i think it should read ipkg instead of ,pkg
    Do you have internalz on the pre?

Pip
  9.    #9  
    does internalz mean internal memory? lol if so, i have 10.5 gb available
    does internalz mean internal memory? lol if so, i have 10.5 gb available
    No, it means the homebrew file manager app by Canuck Software. By that I guess you didn't get it.
    Do you know how to run command line? I'm not sure what your exact problem is, but I have a feeling about something.

Pip
  11.    #11  
    I would need a walkthrough for anything technical, i'm not very experienced with this stuff...
    I would need a walkthrough for anything technical, i'm not very experienced with this stuff...
    Ok, plug your phone in and open wosqi.
    Then go to tools and select the bottom option, linux commandline.
    Type in
    cd /media/cryptofs/apps/
    And hit enter
    Then type in
    ls -al
    Then hit enter.
    Copy and paste the result of this over.

Pip
  13.    #13  
    after i open the linux commandline, it keeps saying the device is not connected, when it most definitely is
    Perhaps try to reinstall Novacom while your Pre is connected?
    File > Options > Attempt Novacom (re)installation
  15.    #15  
    i click the novacom button and it does nothing
    Are you able to access the usb partition?
  17.    #17  
    what is a usb partition? lol
    Perhaps try to reinstall Novacom while your Pre is connected?
    File > Options > Attempt Novacom (re)installation

After doing the "attempt reinstallation" (it often looks like nothing has happened)
    remember to exit from QuickInstall completely.
    what is a usb partition? lol
    When you plug your pre into your computer it should give 2 options:
    USB Drive & Just Charge.
  20.    #20  
    it gives both options, i set it on usb drive

and i've also completely restarted quickinstall after attempting reinstallation with the novacom button as well as restarted my my phone. I can't install any homebrew app.
    Last edited by RedPlatypus87; 08/05/2010 at 08:28 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast