Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My best guess is to restart both your Pre and your PC, leaving the Pre connected.
  2.    #22  
    i've restarted both and nothing changed, should i try uninstalling quickinstall and webdoctor and all that and start from scratch?
    Are you running the latest version of Quick Install? I believe it is up to v3.14.

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v3-14-a.html
  4.    #24  
    i have 3.14
    Do you have the Palm SDK installed? You could possibly download the Preware .ipk file and use the Palm-install command to install it.
  6.    #26  
    I'm not sure what Palm SDK is, I don't think I have it. I have tried the stand alone installing of Preware, if that has anything to do with it.
    the SDK would come directly from Palm's Developer website. Though, admittedly, I am no developer so I wouldn't be of much help there.
    Not to be annoying, but just to be sure. Your Pre is in developer mode and set to just charge when connected to your PC?
  8.    #28  
    It's in developer mode, but in USB mode when I try to download homebrew apps through quickinstall
    it needs to be in Just Charge.
  10.    #30  
    omg....you cured my headache with such simplicity, i'm humbled and thank you lol
    I'm glad I could help
    Since I am having the same problem I followed along and when I did this -- the paste in lin LInux line..I got this:
    root@palm-webos-device: cd /media/cryptofs/apps/
    cd: can't cd to /media/cryptofs/apps/
    root@palm-webos-device:

Please Help!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12