Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Blackberry is on it's way out(ish) but no love for Palm.
    the article on engadget BlackBerry users running out of loyalty: 50 percent plan to defect to iPhone or Android -- Engadget
    says people are considering switching to apple or android, but Palm is actually a very very sensible slide over.

Now, all we need is a better keyboard and maybe a DOCUMENT EDITOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!
    I hope Hpalm make us proud.
    We also need more powerful email, a better calendar, more PDA apps, windows suite editors and support for secure IT connections to win Blackberry customers because many of them get their phones from their company IT department.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    We need new hw. All the apps in the world won't mean a thing if they can't be run on a stable & reliable hw platform.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    So you think Palm has any way to "give assurance" of a system that cannot be attacked, exploited or otherwise cracked?

Maybe Santa Claus can build such a system. In fact, I see a rock outside my window, and I think that may be a system that couldn't be attacked in a way like the one you describe.
    A computer, however, will never be 100% safe. And if you build one specifically so it's absolutely 100% failsafe and foolproof, it's gonna lock you out of your own spaceship when you should be on your way to Jupiter and really don't have the nerve for any of those shenanigans.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I have faith in HP. They have gone from a struggling IT company to the number one IT company in five years. That says a lot.

They have made smart acquisitions of companies to give them a very diverse portfolio. And now with the gobbling up of Palm, they have a world class OS. I the hardware is right around the corner. Remember, Palm once had some of the best hardware on the market.

HP apps are slowing making their way to the web. We have to give them some time because the sale was just finalized a few weeks ago.

I am happy with my Palm Pre Plus. It is not perfect, but it is good.

Wish list:

More Geocaching apps
    "World Clock" app like in the old Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Not when you simultaneously tout the fact that you have a community of developers who are hacking and patching your OS. That would suggest vulnerability.
    Oh please.

The more open a system is, the easier it is to secure it. I certainly don't want a locked platform for my personal communications device. More eyeballs, more ability to tinker == better systems usability, security, innovation, etc.

You honestly trust big companies (apple, microsoft) with the security of your devices? Their priority is not tight code nor security. It is features and profit. You did see that the latest way to jailbreak the iphone is through a browser exploit targeting pdfs, right?

-- CISSP, CEH, CPT
    Last edited by knobbysideup; 08/04/2010 at 08:54 AM.
    : (){:|:&};: