Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 196
  1.    #1  
    We all know that with any software there is bound to be bugs. Some being minor, some major game changing, ground breaking, earth shattering...you get the point.

    So let's look at webOS (thee webOS) and we know there is some bugs that need worked out of the system.

    So I ask you, armed with your can of raid, what's that bug that annoys you the most and you just want it out of the system?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/10/2010 at 01:45 PM. Reason: title change - request by OP
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  2. #2  
    browser sometimes cuts off the page. If I rotate the phone and then back, it solves it. Same issue whether in landscape or portrait.
  3. #3  
    also, the bug in shane's sig is pretty annoying...
  4. #4  
    ditto on 2 posts above. Lol
  5. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    #5  
    Probably PDF render failed.
  6. #6  
    My biggest two are hardware/software combos.
    1) Headphone jack...most annoying problem since I use it as an mp3 player in my car.
    2) Screen sometimes turns off for a few seconds and won't turn back on

    And the biggest software thing that irks me is not being able to delete PDFs from the phone. Simple slide to delete on everything but that, makes no sense.
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
  7. Maturin's Avatar
    Posts
    165 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #7  
    That bug that makes all my alarms be set to 11AM and be turned off when I finally wake up.
    HP Touchpad: I just cant quit you, baby.
  8. #8  
    Too Many Cards (on a Sprint Pre with the stock kernel)
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    Too Many Cards (on a Sprint Pre with the stock kernel)
    I second this . Anyone have a write-up on tracking down the offending app with the memory leak? Jstop never shows me any smoking gun.

    -Jay
  10. #10  
    I think this is a software issue but, when I get a notification and its still in the "pop-up" mode (not an icon in the dashboard) if I slide my phone open to wake my phone and tap it to open the app my screen stays black and if I dont close it soon it will do a Luna restart. If I close it and wait a few seconds I can press the power button to wake my phone. I am running about 35 patches and using Uber-Kernel (the non-testing build). I only notice it with my twitter app because that is the notification I get the most.
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
  11. #11  
    Lets see here...

    The phone dialer app could use some work, it is fairly laggy and unresponsive even with overclock @ 800

    There are many times i'll go to press the power button to get to the unlock screen, and my phone just stays black for 10 seconds or so and is unresponsive. I don't know what causes this but it happens to me at least once a day and can be fairly annoying.

    Thats all I can think of now, between all the OTA's and patching, there aren't many issues I have left with software, and the ones left are minor grievances at worst.
  12. #12  
    Email formatting. Especially when forwarding links and such, but definitely also when quoting people. The text/plain part is always a mess, or simply puts the title of a page, but no URL! Of course, there's the marching >'s

    either:
    - fix the text/plain rendering
    - get rid of html altogether (send only text/plain, not multipart)
    - get rid of the text part altogether (send only html, not multipart)
    - make the two bullets above options for the mail client.

    On a related note (and this is more a feature request than a bug), have the mail client scan all favorite folders on an IMAP server for new messages to alert on, not just INBOX. We have to forward to another account if we want to make sure we don't miss anything if we (like any sane person using IMAP in the first place does) are using server-side filtering to place things into folders.
    Last edited by knobbysideup; 08/02/2010 at 01:44 PM.
    : (){:|:&};:
  13. #13  
    No undo. When you highlight a bunch of text, try to hit cut, and make a typo instead. Your text is all gone for good.

    The browser refresh and bounce back to the top of a webpage. It refreshes so often when it doesn't need to. I'd also like webpages to finish loading in the background.
  14. #14  
    Hardware/Software side:
    - Sometime the phone screen just won't come on, you have to hit the power button and wait and eventually it will come on.
    - Drops BT connectivity at random for no reason, even with a nice Plantronics Voyager Pro BT headset.

    Hardware side:
    - Can't use as a regular phone without holding it (AKA face to shoulder talking - way to be hands free without a headset), sounds muffled and echos....annoying. I always talk on this phone with a BT headset just for this reason.

    Software side:
    - Laggy at times even if overclocked, compared to the iphone or android OSes.
    - Random lock ups and reboots, and sometimes when this happens if you go into the clock app it erases my alarms (though they were there yesterday). and settings (for example: go into calendar and it asks is I want to add accounts.)

    Not really a bug...but would really like a simple cheap cloud solution to get my contacts off the phone to store locally without jumping through hoops. (i.e. Hot Sync over WiFi or something).


    Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
  15. Spyral's Avatar
    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    #15  
    The camera doesn't load or stay loaded properly. I use my Pre as a primary camera when taking a day at the zoo/park. It works fine for a few picks but whenever I slide my phone open to take a quick pick the camera just hangs on a gray screen. By the time it fixes itself (if ever) the photo opportunity is lost. Also, the camera lags more than it ever used to. Stock Pre, btw.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    No undo. When you highlight a bunch of text, try to hit cut, and make a typo instead. Your text is all gone for good.

    The browser refresh and bounce back to the top of a webpage. It refreshes so often when it doesn't need to. I'd also like webpages to finish loading in the background.
    I think the first item is a missing feature, not a bug.

    The second is fixed in a patch. The browser actually does load in the background, but some insane person at Palm decided that a good thing would be for the browser page to reload whenever it is brought in to focus. There is a patch that turns that silly behavior off.

    HardbeatZ, I generally understand that a "bug" is something that doesn't behave as documented, and where such behavior is detrimental to use or causes it to produce an unexpected or undesirable result. They also have to be repeatable and likely to be encountered in "normal" use cases (Note: I would define "abnormal" to be wacky stuff like trying to run webOS on Ubuntu with a tv tuner connected to the USB port... and NOT any of what is done by P|C users or homebrewers).

    That means most of the "missing features" could be qualified as bugs, but probably not your intent. I'm sure your question was a bit narrower than that.

    For example:
    • Lack of undo is undesirable and stupid but it is intentional (missing feature).
    • Automatic browser refresh when brought out of cardview is stupid but intentional (works as documented).
    • periodic Inability to display the entire web page without rotating it 90 deg is clearly a bug.
    • Inability to delete a .pdf is undesirable, whereas the inability to read certain .pdf files is a bug.
    • TMC errors (for sprint users) is a bug (in my opinion) even though the presence of the error message indicates it to be a known possibility/limitation.


    So, could you provide a very specific guide as to what you want? I know you have another thread asking for input on most important patches (read: missing features) and I suspect you are looking for a narrower list of serious bugs that hamper normal use.

    ...and thanks for continuing to collect our input! you and Palm are awesome.

    ... someday I want a thread from you listing all the "known bugs" or "upcoming fixes" so we can know that we aren't crazy, that there is hope, etc...
  17. #17  
    The bug I'd like Palm to squash most: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...ect-gtalk.html

    Although I do respect the fact that I've installed homebrew on my device and that may have affected the functionality.

    I actually believe this is a bug being carried over in my Palm Profile because it has followed me through multiple firmware upgrades, Full Erase and Doctors and even 2 brand new devices - any chance you could do a bit of nosing around regarding this?
  18. #18  
    The calendar loads too slowly, especially if I want to see a month-view of icons thru Ubercalendar.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    I think the first item is a missing feature, not a bug.

    The second is fixed in a patch. The browser actually does load in the background, but some insane person at Palm decided that a good thing would be for the browser page to reload whenever it is brought in to focus. There is a patch that turns that silly behavior off.

    HardbeatZ, I generally understand that a "bug" is something that doesn't behave as documented, and where such behavior is detrimental to use or causes it to produce an unexpected or undesirable result. They also have to be repeatable and likely to be encountered in "normal" use cases (Note: I would define "abnormal" to be wacky stuff like trying to run webOS on Ubuntu with a tv tuner connected to the USB port... and NOT any of what is done by P|C users or homebrewers).

    That means most of the "missing features" could be qualified as bugs, but probably not your intent. I'm sure your question was a bit narrower than that.

    For example:
    • Lack of undo is undesirable and stupid but it is intentional (missing feature).
    • Automatic browser refresh when brought out of cardview is stupid but intentional (works as documented).
    • periodic Inability to display the entire web page without rotating it 90 deg is clearly a bug.
    • Inability to delete a .pdf is undesirable, whereas the inability to read certain .pdf files is a bug.
    • TMC errors (for sprint users) is a bug (in my opinion) even though the presence of the error message indicates it to be a known possibility/limitation.


    So, could you provide a very specific guide as to what you want? I know you have another thread asking for input on most important patches (read: missing features) and I suspect you are looking for a narrower list of serious bugs that hamper normal use.

    ...and thanks for continuing to collect our input! you and Palm are awesome.

    ... someday I want a thread from you listing all the "known bugs" or "upcoming fixes" so we can know that we aren't crazy, that there is hope, etc...
    You hit the nail on the head. A bug is something that doesn't work as designed and intended (although the design and intended use does not suit your desire).

    Missing features and complaints about how the device performs a certain action although not to your satisfaction, isn't exactly what I'm looking for.

    Also note a random one of occurrence doesn't really constitute as a bug. To say you had an issue one time on a rainy Sunday in March and it hasn't happened again doesn't mean it was a bug, just means that all the planets and starts aligned and that's just how it goes.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  20. #20  
    Aside from the TMC problem on Sprint Pre's, I should mention the horrible formatting of EAS HTML email messages. This led me to set up that account using IMAP, but I still needed the EAS account for the calendar. I set the EAS account to sync manually, but it still syncs on every restart of the Pre, giving me hundreds of duplicate email messages for that account!
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions