Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    You are no longer connected to your Palm Profile.

Followed closely by not being able to text/recieve texts from a single contact
    We Need HP/Palm to fix the problem of the page not following the cursor when typing. I have to repost this problem/issue again. :[
    WIFI range problem. Since webOS 1.4 many Palm Pres ****ect to WIFI only when few metres from router.
    I actually forgot about this issue because I stopped using it when it happened and the other day I really wanted it to work.

There is something really wrong with the earphone plug. The first time I ever used the earphone plug, I plugged an adapter into the top of my phone and then the other end into a radio input. As I was listening to music and watching videos via the stereo speakers, a call came in. I removed the adapter and I could no longer hear the person on the other end. I tried plugging it in and out a number of times. After losing the call and coming here to see if anyone else had this problem, others suggested that I plug it back in, then close the app and then unplug the headphone, but that also didn't work. I forget how I did get it to work - I'm sure it was a combination of everything including pulling the battery out and resetting the phone, but I can tell you it took me about 8 hours to get it to work again. Because of this, I have never plugged another device into the headphone jack and I'm really bothered by this since I'd really like to listen to music through my radio.
    @HardBeatz

Thanks for listening to us. Can you follow this link to see what issues I'm having with Bluetooth since the update of 1.4.1?

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...bos-1-4-a.html
    OK, so here's two more that I just was reminded of again....

1) When I receive an appointment in Outlook it *always* says "conflicts with another appointment" when I do not even have anything on that day. I do not know why this happens, but it does.

2) Opening up pages with a scroll bar embedded in the webpage do not display properly. For instance this website: Unable to get scroll bar working in Firefox - CodingForums.com has scroll bars in the middle of the page. On the Palm Pre, the scroll bars are missing so I cannot scroll through the document.
    Quote Originally Posted by blueray View Post
    2) Opening up pages with a scroll bar embedded in the webpage do not display properly. For instance this website: Unable to get scroll bar working in Firefox - CodingForums.com has scroll bars in the middle of the page. On the Palm Pre, the scroll bars are missing so I cannot scroll through the document.
    I posted this same issue a few weeks ago. Thankfully it caught the attention of Palm and they logged it as an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaidoloor View Post
    WIFI range problem. Since webOS 1.4 many Palm Pres ****ect to WIFI only when few metres from router.
    Sounds like a hardware problem to me. My Pre connects all over the house, which is more than a few meters. I'm on a Sprint Pre running 1.4.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Pun View Post
    when i delete text conversations it completely freezes my text messaging to the point where I have to restart the phone and then the convo's I deleted just come back. Maybe it's just me, but it's a big process to simply delete text convos
    This has never happened to me. Have you tried doctoring your phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by blueray View Post
    When I receive an appointment in Outlook it *always* says "conflicts with another appointment" when I do not even have anything on that day. I do not know why this happens, but it does.
    I accept Outlook invitations on my Pre all the time. Never had this problem.
    When you pause a video that is streaming, go to another app, or even let the screen go black, when the screen is turned on again you get the "error playing video" message, so you have to restart the video all over again and let it buffer. This is very annoying, partially fixed by a patch, but come on palm, this is basic stuff here.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    We Need HP/Palm to fix the problem of the page not following the cursor when typing. I have to repost this problem/issue again. :[
    This. Again...basic stuff
    I'm starting to see battery life as a bug, especially because I believe that enabling the gpu would improve battery when scrolling through web pages - which we do a lot to find the cursor when entering text. By the way, one of the worst sites for this seems to be precentral - especially the main page. That will give palm developers a place to test a fix. In fact, I even have the issue sometimes from chrome on my pc for the first few keystrokes.

and I still consider the verizon gps fiasco to be a bug. If homebrew an fix it, palm can. But the battery drain from the current homebrew solution is significant.

and PDA functions as mentioned so many times above.
    @bluray

are you syncing with outlook or with the exchange server?

if you are syncing with exchange, have you tried fully deleting the account and recreating it? You have to remember to delete it from photos, calendar, contacts, and sometimes facebook. Then turn off automatic backup, then add the account back. After it syncs everything, turn automatic backup back on. I had a different calendar issue, but that cleared it up...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    @bluray

are you syncing with outlook or with the exchange server?

if you are syncing with exchange, have you tried fully deleting the account and recreating it? You have to remember to delete it from photos, calendar, contacts, and sometimes facebook. Then turn off automatic backup, then add the account back. After it syncs everything, turn automatic backup back on. I had a different calendar issue, but that cleared it up...
    I have actually removed all my accounts in all the different apps recently because another bug popped up, but that didn't help. Every so often, my calendar does not sync with Outlook or even Google Calendar. I have appointments in Outlook that don't appear on my phone. So I have to remove everything and add them back in again. VERY annoying.

But I think I am narrowing this down. I believe that when this problem occurs, is when someone who uses Outlook in combination with an IMAP mail service (not an Exchange mail service) is when this happens. I'm trying to test this more and will hopefully post again with my findings. But if anyone else can try this: If you use outlook to read mail from an IMAP server, create an appointment in your calendar and have one of the recipients receive it on the Palm Pre. I think this is when this happens.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Only 10-20% of the .pdfs I want to view load properly. Render errors all the time. This phone is pretty hard to be used for what I need to use it for right now. It is letting me down in a big way, odd it took over a year to hit me this hard but it has. What I did in the Spring with dozens of .pdfs I am not able to do this Fall for some reason. Sad.
    Any chance we can have more snooze selections when a calendar alarm goes off? I know there's a patch for this, but I've had some problems with my calendar after I install this patch, so I think there may be some instability issues using it.

If this does get implemented, is there any chance you can offer the user a way to input what snooze selections they would like? So many people vary in what is best. I personally like 5 minutes, 10m, 15m, 30m, 1h, 2h, 4h, 6h, 12h and 24h. Sounds crazy, but this fits my style; which is why I'm wondering if there's a way to create a settings page to add in whatever values best suit the user.

Thanks again.
    Calendar when synced with Outlook changes dates of events or adds duplicates. When correcting this it doesn't change "the series" as specified and takes a long time to loaf when corrections are made.
    Wifi cutting out is getting worse with each update...I have the setting to keep wifi on when the phone is set to sleep, but even so, if i leave my phone with the screen off for 5 or so minutes the wifi will disconnect and reconnect when the screen comes back on, or it doesn't reconnect and gets ip config failed error which will only fix if the phone restarts..
    Screenshot (Orange+Sym+P) doesn't work on PDK apps.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast