Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Other than the "too many cards" bug I hate the fact that I have to re-enter my Exchange password any time I get locked out of my ActiveSync account -- which is about once a week.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    I created a thread about this in the "webOS Patches" forum but someone suggested I add it to this thread...

I would love someone to find out what is causing the problem with independently-scrollable sections of a web page not being able to scroll. I posted it on the Palm forum to no avail. Maybe one of the awesome hackers here can take a stab at finding and fixing it?

Bug: Browser Inner-Scrolling Not Working - Palm Support Community
    (see title) LOL
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by curmudgeon69 View Post
    I created a thread about this in the "webOS Patches" forum but someone suggested I add it to this thread...

I would love someone to find out what is causing the problem with independently-scrollable sections of a web page not being able to scroll. I posted it on the Palm forum to no avail. Maybe one of the awesome hackers here can take a stab at finding and fixing it?

Bug: Browser Inner-Scrolling Not Working - Palm Support Community
    I did not know this bug even existed.

Palm has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Thanks, HardBeatZ, for logging it as a bug with Palm. I don't see these types of pages often but when I do this bug is rather annoying.
    probably wouldn't consider this a "bug" per-say, but it should be, considering it's a major missing feature. I'd really like to see the ability to add contacts to a calendar event. In addition, there needs to be the ability to open an actual calendar view when changing dates. Supplying numbers doesn't cut it. If someone tells me that they're not available for our meeting today but that they are next Friday, I have to open my desktop calendar to see what day it is (because I'm in the edit view of my current appointment). You can only imagine how frustrating this is when on the road as well.

Also, can you pass the info along to re-add in the ability to go forward one week, while in calendar view? In Palm OS, when viewing a day, you had an arrow forward and backwards that allowed me to skip forward exactly one week. In WebOS, you have to change to full month view, then select the day, one week ahead. This doesn't sound tremendously difficult, however, because the slowness of switching from month view to day view, this can be quite irritating. A week shortcut would be nice.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix View Post
    probably wouldn't consider this a "bug" per-say, but it should be, considering it's a major missing feature. I'd really like to see the ability to add contacts to a calendar event. In addition, there needs to be the ability to open an actual calendar view when changing dates. Supplying numbers doesn't cut it. If someone tells me that they're not available for our meeting today but that they are next Friday, I have to open my desktop calendar to see what day it is (because I'm in the edit view of my current appointment). You can only imagine how frustrating this is when on the road as well.

Also, can you pass the info along to re-add in the ability to go forward one week, while in calendar view? In Palm OS, when viewing a day, you had an arrow forward and backwards that allowed me to skip forward exactly one week. In WebOS, you have to change to full month view, then select the day, one week ahead. This doesn't sound tremendously difficult, however, because the slowness of switching from month view to day view, this can be quite irritating. A week shortcut would be nice.
    Thanks!
    Actually you still can, by flipping week pages side to side. The only caveat is that if your finger touches where an entry is (so hurry before they render if your calendar is full), it goes to that entry instead.
    Last edited by copasetic; 08/19/2010 at 06:44 AM. Reason: stupd vzw pre keyboooooard bug
    This problem has been here since the launch of the pre. The cursor won't follow the screen when typing. That suck! Hpalm as never been able to fix this issue. Why?

Ps. I just had to put this out there.
    I have the ATT Pre Plus and I really do love the fun, but g-damn! It can sometimes be so frustrating!

I have added some apps and patches, so that may be a major culprit, but still...

Biggest bugs for me:
    1) Lags when opening just ONE CARD.
    2) If you try to scroll through your songs in the music player, it restarts randomly!
    3) If you finally get the damn music player to work but want to switch to another song midway through, it restarts AGAIN.
    4) Docview is also rather laggy, and restarts almost every time after opening a doc and scrolling through it a bit.

There might be more, but I just haven't discovered it yet.

I'm waiting for the newest Repair Utility to come out, and if not that, then an update from PALM that will help!
    It might be a bit of a stretch to call it a bug, but one of the the biggest deficiencies is that Universal Search does not have an option to search Calendar, Memos, etc.
    the most annoying bug IMO by far is the issue when you go to type or enter text a text field, box or search box, 9 times out of 10, the cursor jumps back up to the address bar at the top. You have to tap in the text box again to put the cursor back where you want it..

sj
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    alarm clock, buggiest piece of software I've encountered on any platform!
    Quote Originally Posted by doctj View Post
    alarm clock, buggiest piece of software I've encountered on any platform!
    Windows Mobile was far worse in this regard
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    don't kno if this has been discussed, sry. My browser randomly goes all blank. It's more frequent now. I'm wondering if it's a side effect of one of sconix's patches. Or else it's a stock webos problem? Idk
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Windows Mobile was far worse in this regard

Agreed. My alarm clock works great! Let me tell you Windows Mobile is terrible I will never go back. I had the Touch Diamond slowest phone on the planet and you think the Pre's battery life was bad nothing compared to the Diamond.
    e-cigs saved my life
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    browser sometimes cuts off the page. If I rotate the phone and then back, it solves it. Same issue whether in landscape or portrait.
    This, plus the penindicator ghosting that gets left on the screen when launching apps.

EDIT: And the occasional garbage screen when going backwards in the web browser.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NachoB; 08/31/2010 at 08:45 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    No undo. When you highlight a bunch of text, try to hit cut, and make a typo instead. Your text is all gone for good.
    Just thought of another. My families last name is composed of two words. When initially entering into contacts, or being imported from Google, they are shown as

First name: first name
    MI: first word in last name
    Last Name: second word in last name

Now I know you can edit the name details to fix this, but I have 15 family members and having to do this anytime I doctor or remove and re add my Google account is very annoying. Google now has fields for First, Middle, and Last name, why can't WebOS leave things where they are???
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I have a pre plus and my friend a pixi plus from Verizon. Recently when we are near unsecured routers that we have never connected to before our phones (which both typically have wifi on) connect to them without warning, without asking permission, etc. Is this typical behavior? Short of keeping wifi off when not at home how can we keep our phones from doing this? I looked around in the settings but couldn't find anything that would have to prompt us to connect to a new wifi access point.

The router name is usually linksys which may be the problem. I'm sure at some point we may have connected to a friend's home router with the name linksys. Perhaps that name has been cached in some way so that our phones automatically connect to any router we run into now named linksys. I always choose to forget this new network, but that doesn't seem to stop it from reconnecting the next time. Thoughts? Is it a bug or is there something else we can do? Short of turning wifi off, which while a fix doesn't seem like it should be the only solution.

Thanks!

I'm happy to be directed to another thread I just couldn't find one.
  20. Pun
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I don't know if this happens to everybody, but my biggest problem with WebOs is that when i delete text conversations it completely freezes my text messaging to the point where I have to restart the phone and then the convo's I deleted just come back. Maybe it's just me, but it's a big process to simply delete text convos
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast