Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Luzce View Post
    I second this. The "Call", "End Call" button sometimes just doesn't work. I figured out I can slide open the phone to answer a call and throw away the card to hang up, but it's very annoying.
    My end call button works fine but I rarely use it because I use either the "close slider to end calls" or "power button to end calls" patches, have you tried these patches yet?
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    My end call button works fine but I rarely use it because I use either the "close slider to end calls" or "power button to end calls" patches, have you tried these patches yet?
    Nice tip, I wasn't aware I could end a call with the power button. But still, what about when you dial a number and no matter how many times you hit the green call button your call won't go out?
    Nice tip, I wasn't aware I could end a call with the power button. But still, what about when you dial a number and no matter how many times you hit the green call button your call won't go out?
    My green button works fine, have tried using speed dial or a photo dialer app for the people that you call most, that's what I use on my Pre. The only time I physically dial is when calling a business.
    How I would love this to be fixed one day...here goes...

1) I lock my phone using the screenlock. I can't just press all 4 keys really quickly. It's just too slow and laggy. It just misses keys that I have pressed. I see iphone users hammer in their 4 number pins and boom done. I have to take half a second to press each number.

2) Most of the time moving between launcher pages is a smooth affair, but often enough for it to annoy me the launcher page will just lag, or be delayed. I don't have any other cards open either.

3) Googlemaps takes a ridiculous amount of time to load. Also it should cache your local area, so that you don't always need an internet connection. Iphones have had that for years. I can understand it needs 3G and GPS to give you a location, but when I open up the app, it should bring back up my cached maps.

Those three would be fantastic. Just improve the User-Experience. It's not silky smooth enough.

Good luck Palm :0)
    But still, what about when you dial a number and no matter how many times you hit the green call button your call won't go out?
    Enter () dials. I tend to use the keyboard for as many things as possible.

This lack of responsiveness and several similar symptoms reported here (such as trouble waking up the phone) may be part of the same memory management problem that results in the Too Many Cards error.
    Quote Originally Posted by phufbq View Post
    Googlemaps takes a ridiculous amount of time to load. Also it should cache your local area, so that you don't always need an internet connection. Iphones have had that for years. I can understand it needs 3G and GPS to give you a location, but when I open up the app, it should bring back up my cached maps.
    Try BFGMaps! It's a supremely splendid superior replacement for the stock Google Maps. You can find it in the beta feed, but don't let that put you off. It's great. I've been using it for two weeks now, and I use it every day for my commute to/from work.

Not sure about whether it caches your last area, but it comes up in one tenth the time as Google Maps.
    This bug has surfaced for me in the last few days. I have WiFi set to stay on when the phone sleeps, but it does not. Partial Erase, Secure Erase, or doctoring the phone didn't fix it. Verizon sent me a new phone, but the new phone does it too. When I was at the Verizon store, the two phones I tested also had the problem. Oddly enough, up until a few days ago, I never had a problem. It's bugging me that the phone won't follow its settings.
    i hate when messages just remain greyed out and are not sent (wlm plugin)
    OK.. thread cleaned up and comments deleted.

Please stay on-topic. If you don't like someone's help... simply move on to another thread. Rude comments are not needed here.
    I'm on o2 1.4.5. Occasionally will still get the clock/time problem. That's very bad. Need clock sync to safe the day, and my job!
    aac mono bug
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    The bug that's up HPalm's <deleted by mod> that prevents them from giving us a new handset Second would be the bug that prevents Sprint from giving us 1.5(.1)

My Pre feels like a Pentium PC running Windows7...great OS but running on a crap PC!!!!!
    Last edited by bevcraw; 08/07/2010 at 09:19 AM.
    1. Bluetooth. I've read reviews on what headsets to use with the Pre and I've gone through 3 different ones over the past year. The most recent is a Jawbone. I get the same complaint each time from people on the other side; I sound distant and only part of the conversation is coming through. If I hold the phone within arms length of the headset, they hear me clearly.

2. I guess it's not really a bug but, a flaw with all touch screen devices - Face dialing (if you have the keypad up while having the phone to your ear).
    Quote Originally Posted by FreudSlipped View Post
    2. I guess it's not really a bug but, a flaw with all touch screen devices - Face dialing (if you have the keypad up while having the phone to your ear).
    You have a fault. The proximity detection should turn the screen off.
    It doesn't turn on if you're using the speakerphone, or headphones, that may be what is being referenced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
    It doesn't turn on if you're using the speakerphone, or headphones, that may be what is being referenced.
    But they said 'face dialing', bumping it with their ear, so then this guess would make no sense.

That definitely sounds like a faulty sensor, or maybe a screen protector, of some sort, is affecting it.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    The biggest bug that I encounter on a daily basis is the headphone/set bug where the PRE thinks that there is a headset plugged in when there is not. This makes it very difficult to use my phone as a PHONE when I answer a call and I cannot hear the person. I look down at my screen and see that it thinks I am on a headset and my only option is to change it to speakerphone and let everyone within 15 feet hear my call.

There is a very simple solution to this. When you have a bluetooth headset connected, the Headset/Speakerphone button brings up a menu that allows you to choose between Bluetooth, Speakerphone, and Handset. Why not do the same thing when it thinks there is a WIRED headset plugged in? Problem SOLVED! While technically not a fix for the hardware issue, it would be an excellent workaround.

This has been an issue since I got the phone a year ago. Why hasn't PALM addressed this?
    Not a bug but the ability to "recall" a card that had just been closed recently would be nice. Even if it only lasted about a minute. I some times when using one hand accidentally close the tab, it does not happen a lot but it has happened.
    The first one that comes to my mind is IMAP inbox sync does not remove mail locally when it gets older than the 'Show email' number of days selected. Email gets pretty slow when your inbox gets over a few hundred messages... My EAS account is the only one that stays cleaned up properly. To clean up my Google and Yahoo IMAP accounts, I have to change the number of days and resync the accounts. Same exact behavior on my wife's Pixi.
    Luna lockups. Maybe it isn't a "bug" per se, but really - webOS should be able to figure out when to kills tasks on its own, before your whole system locks up and you have to wait minutes to be able to swipe a card away to delete memory (or if you're impatient, battery pull). Or that lovely situation where you have no cards open and any time you try to open a card, the TMC error pops up.

(Yes, I know about the compcache kernels, this is just based on a stock Pre - and you can still get the hangups with the compcache kernels)

This is pretty bad when you're listening to music. Palm's media api/indexer/whatever is a complete memory hog and its slow too boot. I hope whatever is released in webOS 2.0 to developers is a substantial improvement. NaNplayer is a great, great app, but even it is at the mercy of Palm's poor services.

There's also the web, where for example, the browser forgets the url that opened the card so that when the card fails to load the page for whatever reason (network failures or the memory being used up so all you have is a checkerboard screen), refreshing the page doesn't work and you have to find what url you were trying to open.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM