Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Here's one:

When I download a pdf file with this kind of file name in the browser:
    "file.01.pdf"
    The pdf reader tells me it's an unrecognized file format.

I have to rename the file, deleting ".01" part (with Internalz) in order to open it.

I guess a three-part file name makes the pdf reader confused if it really is a pdf file or not. And I think it should not be hard to fix the webOS MIME recognition so that it only looks for the last part of the file extension.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    This is so annoying. I have tried all the tricks to get rid of them but it hasnt worked. I never had this problem with any other phone or software.
    Oh, this reminds me of something that really annoyed me recently.

I had a website that offered a daily updated document (pdf) with the same filename, let's assume "foobar.pdf".

Now every day I clicked on that link to see today's foobar.pdf, the Pre renamed the file to foobar_1.pdf because yesterdays' foobar.pdf was still present of the phone. This led to a ton of "foobar_xyz.pdf" files on the phone without the ability to delete old pdf, because there's no way to delete a download pdf from within webos!!

So, please

• enable the pdf reader to delete documents from the phone - I consider this a bug, not a feature request because the document list is already present in the pdf application but swipe delete doesn't work.
    • this may be a bug or a feature request: When downloading pdf files from a web page do not automatically save the pdf on the phone, or better, ask whether the file should be saved or just viewed, to prevent the phone from piling up temporarily downloaded documents. Desktop browsers make this distinction as well.

Thanks.
    I don't know if this is a bug, but I can't stand the way the Pre handles sound when a headset is connected. It assumes I want all sounds going through the headset, so if I set the headset down I don't hear the phone ring unless I catch some noise coming from those little earbuds on the desk. What is up with that? The fact that I want the call on headset doesn't meam I'm going to WEAR that headset all day. They really need to fix that...

They also really need to separate the ring volume from the call volume. I turn the volume down during a call (headset, naturally) and then I don't hear the phone ring because I forget to turn it back up after the call. Come on Palm, these are basics that have been working for years on PalmOS, Blackberry, etc. The little things like this are often why people take phones ack within the 1st 30 days. Basics, people, basics.
    If I drop a call or hang up while trying to redial, sometimes it freezes and restarts luna. I can still accept a call via bluetooth if someone is calling in, but it takes about 4 minutes to reboot. I still get TMC even with the uberkernel and govnah set to 800mhz and can't start applications without a complete restart even if I have no cards open.
    NEW BUG, when my battery gets to 20% it reads as 0% and says my phone will shut down soon. I know I still have another 20% left but I don't know how MUCH of that 20% is available.
    A memory leak is a bug. The fact that this happens over time to the point where you can get Too Many Cards when opening the phone app with nothing else loaded points to a memory leak, if not in the core OS then in one of the Palm-supplied apps. I listed this as a bug rather than chalking it up to a simple hardware resource limitation because of reports we're getting from the unixpsycho test kernels that their better memory management has effectively resolved this.
    I havnt found anyone else with this problem but I have a commonly occurring bug where on incoming and outgoing calls I get no audio unless it's on speakerphone. The other person can hear me fine. And it stays the same no matter how many times I turn speaker on and off. I also havnt been able to make this bug happen or diagnose what triggers it.
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonPre View Post
    I havnt found anyone else with this problem but I have a commonly occurring bug where on incoming and outgoing calls I get no audio unless it's on speakerphone. The other person can hear me fine. And it stays the same no matter how many times I turn speaker on and off. I also havnt been able to make this bug happen or diagnose what triggers it.
    Does sound work through headphones? Try inserting and removing headphones into the jack until sound returns to normal.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    This has since been resolved. The issue lasted less than a day.
    Did you read the thread? It's still happening to people, and it's happened to me a total of SIX TIMES.
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by destroebl View Post
    Did you read the thread? It's still happening to people, and it's happened to me a total of SIX TIMES.
    Has the issue since been reported to Palm? No I don't keep up on every thread that is posted. I often have other responsibilities that pull me from Precentral, sometimes for days in a row.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    1. Email/Calendar/Contacts: Change login info or can't login even though your info is right.

2. TMC

3. Palm Pre/pixi: These hardwares in itself are a bugs.
    Remove the "feature" that auto-reloads pages, only to end up with blank browser page.
    Thanks for starting this thread HardBeatz. Here are some of the most annoying bugs for me.

1) Random re-boots. I believe this is a known issue with a known fix to be released at some point. It happens to me several times a week.
    2) I consider this a bug but I guess it could also be considered a missing feature. When on a call and a Text or Email is received the phone will play a sound (and vibrate as I have my phone set to do both) and the person on the other end of the call can hear both. It is EXTREMELY unprofessional to be speaking to my CFO, CIO or any executive and have my phone chirp and vibrate in the middle of my call. The person always asks what that sound was and I have to explain to them how my phone does not care that I'm on a phone call and still plays sounds & vibrates. WebOS should be smart enough to store these notifications in a buffer of some sort and play them after the phone call is ended.
    3) Alarms are not going off if silenced via the Volume Key. I have previously reported this on precentral and palm support. http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...er-volume.html
    4) PDF render failing (reported by others in this thread as well). I can open some PDF's but cannot open others on the phone. I can open all files without issue on my PC.

There are a lot of missing features I'd like to see added but that's a different topic. :-)

Thanks!
    I just discovered that I cannot send or receive a text from one contact in my address book. If I change just one digit in her phone number, I can send a text without issue (to the wrong person). I've verified her phone number and it is correct.

It looks like I'm not the only one fighting this bug:

Unable to send/receive SMS from specific phone num... - Palm Support Community
    1: Black screen wait. Either keep pressing button and get a luna restart, or wait. Ugh.
    2: Wikipedia in browser won't ever let me hit back enough to get out of Wikipedia. Even if I hit it fast and hard, it just keeps redirecting me to Wikipedia entry. And then, sometimes, it glitches Wiki out hard...
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    I just discovered that I cannot send or receive a text from one contact in my address book. If I change just one digit in her phone number, I can send a text without issue (to the wrong person). I've verified her phone number and it is correct.

It looks like I'm not the only one fighting this bug:

Unable to send/receive SMS from specific phone num... - Palm Support Community
    I had this happen, but after I doctored it was fine.
    ok, I don't have time to read through the many comments, so I hope this isn't a repeat. Two big issues for me:

1) Phone app is INCREDIBLY slow and annoying. If I miss a call and try to call that person back at the same time that they try to call me back, the phone just can't handle it. It slows down to a crawl and I end up hanging up on them, calling another person from the list of previous callers and/or conferencing in their voicemail while they're on the phone. The phone app just has to get faster when hanging up and answering. It's also irritating when your phone is ringing and to try and pick it up, you press the answer button, but nothing happens. You then keep pressing it hoping it will answer, but the call goes away and then the phone tries to catch up but with all the button pressing, it just ends up calling someone else on the list of previous callers. VERY annoying.

2) Bluetooth. This worked perfectly in 1.3.5.1 but when it was upgraded to 1.4, (Verizon) bluetooth never worked the same anymore. I am connected to a Parrot CK3100 (?) bluetooth car kit and if I am on a phone call, when another call comes in, I used to be able to press the answer button on the phone kit, but now it doesn't work anymore. I have to take my phone out of my holster and press the answer button. I used to also be able to switch back and forth from one call to the next by pressing the answer button on the car kit, but now I am again doing it on the phone only.

Of course, I will say GPS is really getting annoying, but I don't believe that to be entirely a bug. I do know there are two methods of obtaining it and a few bug fixes, but the bug fixes are not really battery friendly. the gps fix should work without having to go to verizon to get local tower info - that just isn't working.

Thanks for listening!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    While I can see the argument for them not being "bugs" the "Too Many Cards" errors and the GPS issues (seemingly worse now than day 1) are really my most consistent annoyances. Used to be Sprint Nav would *usually* work for me. Now it usually fails. This on a day 1 Sprint Pre.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    When I have a calendar event pop-up, for example a conference call I must join, the Pre lets me Dismiss or Snooze the event, or I can also click on it to make it bring up the calendar. This is very useful as whatever phone number I need to call is many times stored on the event. However, if I bring up the calendar this way, it won't let me scroll down to read all the text on the event! Has anyone else noticed this?
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blueray View Post

1) Phone app is INCREDIBLY slow and annoying. If I miss a call and try to call that person back at the same time that they try to call me back, the phone just can't handle it. It slows down to a crawl and I end up hanging up on them, calling another person from the list of previous callers and/or conferencing in their voicemail while they're on the phone. The phone app just has to get faster when hanging up and answering. It's also irritating when your phone is ringing and to try and pick it up, you press the answer button, but nothing happens. You then keep pressing it hoping it will answer, but the call goes away and then the phone tries to catch up but with all the button pressing, it just ends up calling someone else on the list of previous callers. VERY annoying. Not to mention when you are trying to call someone, dial a phone number, but no matter how many times you hit the green call button your call won't go out.
    I second this. The "Call", "End Call" button sometimes just doesn't work. I figured out I can slide open the phone to answer a call and throw away the card to hang up, but it's very annoying.
    Last edited by Luzce; 08/05/2010 at 11:25 AM.