Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 196
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by destroebl View Post
    it happened to my gf once, but not once to me
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  2. #62  
    Geez. How come everyone can't get the fact that they are looking for BUGS and not just features that don't work for you or things you don't like how they work. Too many cards error is NOT A BUG!!! It is a limitation of the hardware or a memory leak of particular software. Now, if you said the messaging app is open and you try to attach an image and it immediately gives the too many cards error every time, that may be considered a bug. Just saying you don't like it does not mean it is a bug. Sorry to be somewhat rude but if I am annoyed by how many non-bugs there are, I can't imagine how annoyed a Palm employee that can actually make the changes is.

    Here is an example of a potential bug. Sometimes when typing in the memo app, holding shift and deleting whole words sometimes deletes the word before and after the cursor. I think it may happen in certain situations in the email app as well. It is difficult to narrow this down as a bug because it is tough to reproduce. I think you need to click in the right spot (maybe hover cursor to it; not sure.) and then hold shift and delete. Before one of the updates (I think 1.3.5) you could reproduce it in the memo app every time.
  3. #63  
    Here's another one, I just encountered it again. In the Contacts directory, if you have any alpha characters in the phone number field, it mashes the field together, making it very difficult to read. In my Outlook directory, I had a number of entries where the phone number had a note by it. For example, for a pharmacy...

    (000) 555-1212 - Pharmacy
    (000) 555-1213 - Main Store

    In the contacts directory, it appears like this:

    0005551212Pharmacy
    0005551213MainStore

    Very annoying!
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by SDoo1965 View Post
    How about local HTML files?
    Actually there's a way to do that. Need to install Lighty Web Server in Preware, and make sure the files are in the folder:

    /media/internal/www/

    Here's the thread with more info:

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...tml-files.html
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Too many cards error is NOT A BUG!!!
    "Geez", I disagree.

    First, if the OS allows this to occur than there is something wrong with the memory management of the OS. An OS can cordon off an application so that if it misbehaves it does not affect the remainder of the applications on the OS.

    Second, are you 100% sure that the memory leak is NOT with Palm's software (whether it be an app or webOS itself) running on the device? You can not be sure that it is only third party apps. If the messaging app is the one with the memory leak then this IS a bug that only Palm can resolve.

    And not to speak for HardBeatZ, but I assume he was looking for bugs in Palm apps as well as the base OS.
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Too many cards error is NOT A BUG!!!
    While technically correct. This isn't a bug. It is definitely a symptom of something else that is a bug.

    And it is my biggest gripe on the phone. I have to reboot my sprint pre almost every day because of this. Uberkernel definitely helped with it's memory management addon but it is still my biggest issue.
  7. #67  
    My biggest annoyance is LAG in the OS. Stuttering and non-responsive screens while webOS is checking my emails.
    Streamline the OS is such a way, that lag is minimized. Even @ 800 MHz my pre is lagging if it is getting email in the background. The user experience should be at least "iPhone like" speed in the foreground. Let the apps in the background deal with the lag.

    Second issue: Fix the "cannot open file" problem. Is i want to open a JPG, it should be viewed in the browser. If i want to open a .doc, it should launch the document viewer. Ideally, let the user decide which program opens which file. Just like you can tell windows top open the JPG file with IE instead of Photoshop, for example. webOS is still not flexible in opening files IMHO.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
  8. #68  
    I would like to see a fix to the screens on/off function, whichdoesn't always stay off. And one for the Music Player to fix the laggy UI.
  9. #69  
    Here are a few:
    1) if you get a text message that has a Subject and a Message, the Subject shows in the Dashboard Notification but not in the message itself. I have previously sent you some screenshots on this
    2) The Camera does not include the necessary EXIF/metedata that includes the date and time the photo was taken. So, when I try to sort photots on my PC, these do not get sorted correctly. This had worked just fine on my Treos, and its really annoying not to work on my Pre
    3) After a "reset" of the phone, I have to load up my email app, press ok on the "view/add an account" screen, open up the inbox, and refresh once in order to get the email app to automatically check for email.
    4) Calendar app - can not specify time zones of appointments, so when you have facebook calendar sync, it automatically sets it as pacific time. so, if i have a facebook event from 3-4pm ET, it shows up on my calendar as 6-7pm (since I am on ET, and it thinks the event was really for 3pm PT)
    5) Space bar often does not register when i type Comma then Space
    6) Camera/Camcorder gets reset/frozen when a notification comes in. This is annoying because it will also stop a video from recording if I get a text or email or some other notification and it takes a good 10-15 seconds before it is usable again
    will let you know what else i can think of!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

    Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

    Like any of my work:
  10. pieler8's Avatar
    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    #70  
    The blank screen after either sliding out the keyboard to turn the phone on or using the on/off button. Once the screen is blank I have to wait 30 secs or so to try again. Only happens once a day if that.
    Last edited by pieler8; 08/04/2010 at 03:00 PM. Reason: spell
  11. #71  
    I had pretty much the strangest bug happen to me last night with my spare Pixi. I had just come home and picked it up to do some testing, it had been sitting on top of an unplugged Apple Airport Express (which so far I blame lol), turned it on and the image on the screen was mirrored and upside down... Kinda strange but once it loaded and prompted for my pin, I noticed the colors themselves were also inverted. Touch input would register where the items should be, however, the image itself was bass ackwards. I actually thought it was kinda funny and cool, but frustrating and just odd as well. After performing a restart, it cleared and I havent been able to replicate the issue again thus far. But I've left this testing Pixi sitting on top of the Airport again to see if an extended period of time will cause the issue along with the thought that perhaps the touchstone back could also have played into it.... Anyone else ever seen this???
  12. #72  
    1. The random re-boots (this is not the luna restart but a full re-boot). I will go weeks without a problem then one day the full moon comes out and I get one or two of these a day for a few days and then I am good for awhile again.

    2. Too many cards error. Another one that I don't see for awhile and then I get a cluster of them.
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    "Geez", I disagree.

    First, if the OS allows this to occur than there is something wrong with the memory management of the OS. An OS can cordon off an application so that if it misbehaves it does not affect the remainder of the applications on the OS.

    Second, are you 100% sure that the memory leak is NOT with Palm's software (whether it be an app or webOS itself) running on the device? You can not be sure that it is only third party apps. If the messaging app is the one with the memory leak then this IS a bug that only Palm can resolve.

    And not to speak for HardBeatZ, but I assume he was looking for bugs in Palm apps as well as the base OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by oaxlin View Post
    While technically correct. This isn't a bug. It is definitely a symptom of something else that is a bug.

    And it is my biggest gripe on the phone. I have to reboot my sprint pre almost every day because of this. Uberkernel definitely helped with it's memory management addon but it is still my biggest issue.
    Bugs need to be able to be repeated across multiple phones. I think I only had one too many cards error on my Sprint Pre because I loaded a webpage that sucked up all the memory. Since it can't be reproduced it is not a bug.

    Too many cards error is definitely not a bug especially because it is normally related to running too many applications or one that has a memory leak. With a memory leak, it is the apps fault and not a bug. Core Palm apps that have this issue need to be pinpointed so it can be addressed. Running Asphalt 5, streaming Pandora, reading emails, and complaining when you get the error when trying to answer a text message is not a bug. Your phone can't handle it because of Hardware limitations.
  14. #74  
    For all those with too many cards errors, would the same thing happen if you had quadruple the RAM, quadruple the processing speed, and quadruple the on device storage? If the answer is probably not, then this is not a bug.

    Case in point, Palm Pre Plus. Much fewer if any too many cards errors.

    http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-p...tasking-mayhem
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    it happened to my gf once, but not once to me
    This "restore required" error has hit my wife's Sprint Pixi 5 times. After the fourth, I doctored it to 1.4.1.1. After the fifth, I wiped it and doctored it to 1.4.5. If it happens again, I'll be looking for a warranty replacement. It's four months old and my wife is not hard on phones.

    Palm Pixi: Restore Required - Palm Support Community
    http:/ /forums.palm.com/t5/Palm-Services-for-webOS/Palm-Pixi-Restore-Required/m-p/302518

    A close second is the fact that Synergy never has synchronized all Google contacts on either my phone (Sprint Pre) or my wife's phone. On both phones, we get these in /var/javadumps/RDSDErr2_java.${PID}.com.palm.pimsync.services/GoogleSyncService2.gz every 20 minutes:
    Code:
    Thread: com.palm.pimsync.SyncThread
    ServiceClass: com.palm.pimsync.services.GoogleSyncService2
    Exception: com.palm.pimsync.services.FatalSyncException
    Message: com.palm.pimsync.services.FatalSyncException: java.lang.NullPointerException
    
    StackTrace:
    com.palm.pimsync.services.FatalSyncException: com.palm.pimsync.services.FatalSyncException: java.lang.NullPointerException
    	at com.palm.pimsync.services.GoogleSyncService2.sync(GoogleSyncService2.java:116)
    	at com.palm.pimsync.SyncThread.syncAccount(SyncThread.java:199)
    	at com.palm.pimsync.SyncThread.sync(SyncThread.java:86)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:317)
    	at com.palm.luna.message.MessageThread.invokeMessageHandler(MessageThread.java:179)
    	at com.palm.luna.message.MessageThread.handleMessage(MessageThread.java:141)
    	at com.palm.luna.message.MessageThread.messageLoop(MessageThread.java:257)
    	at com.palm.luna.message.MessageThread.run(MessageThread.java:275)
    	at java.lang.Thread.runInternal(Thread.java:722)
    Caused by: com.palm.pimsync.services.FatalSyncException: java.lang.NullPointerException
    	at com.palm.pimsync.services.GoogleSyncService2.sync(GoogleSyncService2.java:95)
    	at com.palm.pimsync.SyncThread.syncAccount(SyncThread.java:199)
    	... 7 more
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    	at com.palm.pim.PhoneNumber.lettersToDigits(PhoneNumber.java:165)
    	at com.palm.pim.PhoneNumber.getTrailingDigitsFromNumber(PhoneNumber.java:157)
    	at com.palm.pim.PhoneNumber.setValue(PhoneNumber.java:133)
    	at com.palm.pimsync.services.GmailContactSyncService2.addPhone(GmailContactSyncService2.java:1356)
    	at com.palm.pimsync.services.GmailContactSyncService2.copyFieldsToContact(GmailContactSyncService2.java:1194)
    	at com.palm.pimsync.services.GmailContactSyncService2.fetchChanges(GmailContactSyncService2.java:358)
    	at com.palm.pimsync.services.GoogleSyncService2.sync(GoogleSyncService2.java:62)
    	at com.palm.pimsync.SyncThread.syncAccount(SyncThread.java:199)
    	... 7 more
    I tried sending some log to Palm Tech Support and never got a response. I figure that Palm Tech Support is so over loaded with issues, they don't have time to reply.

    Between the "Restore Required" issues and the lack of contacts synchronization, my wife has basically stopped using the contacts because they are so unreliable.
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by destroebl View Post
    This has since been resolved. The issue lasted less than a day.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  17. #77  
    Battery life
    AIM
    Speed
    TMC
    browser sometimes cuts off the page
    Some hardware issues like:
    oreo
    headphone jack
    usb crack
  18. #78  
    There are two probably related bugs (maybe it is a single bug) in the SMTP protocol of the Palm Pre sending mail:


    • when sending mail via encrypted SMTP (with STARTTLS command), the mail client should send a new "HELO" command after the encryption is active, see jwz - Palm Pre SMTP for a discussion. Not doing so can cause mails sent by the Pre to be rejected by the mail server.
    • 2nd, but probably a consequence of the above: mails received from another Pre contain the following line in the mail header:

      Received: from [84.191.184.xx] (helo=www.palm.com)
      by smtp03.web.de with asmtp (TLSv1:AES256-SHA:256)
      which is probably the consequence of the Pre sending a HELO/EHLO with "www.palm.com" when sending mail. Instead of Palm USA|Mobile Products for Consumers, Professionals, and Businesses it should contain the Pre's current IP address or associated domain name.

      The consequence of this bug is that on the receiver side, "www.palm.com" does not match the actual IP address of the Pre when sending the mail (that 84.191.184.xx) above which can lead to spam filters treating this mail as spam because the Pre obviously uses a bogus originator address (Palm USA|Mobile Products for Consumers, Professionals, and Businesses).

    Luckily, my mail provider seems to be tolerant regarding the first point, but I cannot know whether my mails are considered spam on the receiver side because of #2.

    Please fix this SMTP misbehaviour, an internet enabled phone should do better!!

    Thanks.
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    This has since been resolved. The issue lasted less than a day.
    Would love to believe you, but it happened to my wife again yesterday.
  20. #80  
    I have experienced many of the issues mentioned here on my Sprint Pre.

    - Still get lots of TMC messages even though I have it set up to reboot every night. This issue disappeared for a while, but 1.4.1 seems to have brought it back.

    - I often experience the black screen issue where for no reason it stops responding, the keys are lit up, but the screen remains black. Closing the slider, holding power down for a few seconds then reopening the phone seems to solve it, but it's still annoying.

    - E-mails can be very slow to open. It is rare for me to select a message and have it open in full immediately, even if it is text only. The lag can be anywhere from 10 seconds to over a minute. There is no rhyme or reason to why it happens.

    - I continue to get e-mails out of order. I will get e-mails at 11am that show 8am delivery times. This happens every day.

    - I do experience random resets, but this is not a frequent problem.

    - General slowness (I realize this is not techincally a bug, but I'm going to list it anyway). Apps can take forever to open even if nothing else is running. This is not a problem I have seem on my wife's iPhone 3G.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions