Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    digg and reddit in the browser card show how crippled the browser is becoming. what is up with that? come on Palm, you need to stay up with all the latest and greatest web2.0rhea.
    .,;-#$^***^$#-;,.

@HardBeatZ

It looks like the latest 1.4.5 release has not fixed the bluetooth problem. This is odd since the very first release of webos on Verizon's Pre Plus had this working. Subsequent releases have all been broken.

For a recap of the problem, please visit:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...bos-1-4-a.html

Hopefully looking forward to a resolution in webos 2.0...
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Wifi cutting out...
    Sorry you're having that problem. Wifi is working just fine for me. Must be something wrong with your phone or software.

I suspect it's a hardware problem, based on personal experience. I had a launch day Pre, never had a problem with WiFi. Then I had to have it replaced on insurance. They sent me a refurb and it couldn't see my WiFi router at home at all. I sent it back and they sent me another refurb. This one could see my router, but only got a weak signal all the time, unless I was sitting right next to the router. Sent that one back and finally they sent me a new one, the one I have now, and it works just fine.

The "funny" thing about it is when I took the first refurb to the Sprint repair center, they said, "well, that phone doesn't see "N" networks. If I didn't know any better, I would have accepted that ubhappily. But I said, "no, my original phone worked just fine." Actually, not so "funny."
    Last edited by RJKinsman; 10/01/2010 at 09:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    Only 10-20% of the .pdfs I want to view load properly. Render errors all the time. This phone is pretty hard to be used for what I need to use it for right now. It is letting me down in a big way, odd it took over a year to hit me this hard but it has. What I did in the Spring with dozens of .pdfs I am not able to do this Fall for some reason. Sad.
    I completely concur. It seems that PDF has gotten much worse. Bring on QuickOffice!!!!!!

Wait, does anyone know, does QO handle PDF documents?
    I have a problem with the camera app going super slow! Super sloooooooooooooooooooow!
    vidRohan | pacificprogress.us

Palm Pre 1.4.5
    Sprint
    UberKernel 250/1000 screenstate
    Music Player Remix 2.0
    Two others which are becoming bigger issues

The camera can sometimes not load, and will remain a grey screen with the camera logo, and will only work if the phone is restarted.

The ambient light sensor bug, where if you wake up the phone, the brightness will be on full even if you have it set on the lowest setting, though if you turn the screen off and back on it will be back to the right setting...the bug is very annoying.
    I've only uncovered a new issue - not a bug, per say, but rather a design flaw. Recently our company has mandated pass codes to protect our phones. Now that I'm using it, I find it very difficult to put my code in and press the "Done" button quickly when the "Tap to dial emergency call" is a millimeter below that. I can't tell you how many times I've pressed that area by accident, being very worried that a bogus 911 call is just a second away.

HardBeatZ, is there any way to move the "Tape to dial emergency call" area to the top of the screen, away from an accidental press? There's a whole lot more real estate above the pin-pad than there is below it.

Second, is there a way Palm can also create a "swype" type pin pad access (much like Android) rather than numbers? Having to enter my pass code each time I open my phone is beginning to annoy me. If I had a method of swyping a code, that could go much quicker.
    The most annoying bug is when trying to open the camera app and it stays loading for a while. Or when you take a picture, it just hangs and doesn't allow you to take another picture. Another bug related to this is the video camera. It usually freezes for a second then resumes. It is very annoying because it can ruin a nice family video.

A big bug is Docs To Go. It freezes all the time.

Recently the Adobe reader has stopped working for many people and it is very annoying when viewing contracts sent for review.

Sometimes emails take a long time to load. Even worst if it is in HTML.

Replying to a long chain of emails makes the Pre freeze.

That is about all the most annoying bugs that I can see on my Sprint Palm Pre.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    IMAP Notifications do not get cleared from the phone when an email is marked as read on another mail client.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I don't know if this has been posted: Horrible responsiveness when typing in PIN code. I often have to enter it 3 or 4 times because it misses my keypresses. The screen is otherwise very responsive (when unlocked) so there is no excuse for this. It's incredibly frustrating when I just want to use my phone.

Lack of vibrate on touchstone/weird muffled ring on touchstone. It just sucks to miss calls all the time because I'm charging my phone. I hope nobody has an emergency in the middle of the night and needs to get ahold of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sachapman View Post
    While I can see the argument for them not being "bugs" the "Too Many Cards" errors and the GPS issues (seemingly worse now than day 1) are really my most consistent annoyances. Used to be Sprint Nav would *usually* work for me. Now it usually fails. This on a day 1 Sprint Pre.
    I have the same problem. It used to fail only occasionally, but now it's almost always. The weirdest thing is that sometimes it'll find my location in my house, but a few minutes later once I'm in the car, it loses me. I'm assuming this is a hardware issue, though, and less of a software issue.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I have had no ability to save contacts on the phone since 1.4.5 I have to save them in google email as contacts. also can't open angry birds or other new Apps I don't want to doctor my pre but what to do? I tried epr any ideas?
    OK, since webos 2.0 videos are out, I was hoping that Palm would fix the lag problem with the touchscreen. Apparently this either didn't take a high enough priority or perhaps Palm has decided not to do anything at all. I can tell you that although it probably wouldn't classify as truly a bug, it should be. I posted this on the main p|c page, but I've cut and pasted it here:

...I also noticed the same lag between when he moves his finger and when the phone reacts. Still does not compare to the ipod/iphone (which I also use). Right before he opens text assist (you can see it around 5:11), you can see his finger move up and a half second later the page moves up. This is something that can be quite irritating and does not feel smooth. I was hoping they'd fix this in this version but I guess its not going to happen.

To see an even more dramatic instance of this annoying lag, look at the video Dieter did on Flash. You can also find it here:

( )

Look at approximately 11 seconds in, when he scrolls on the preferences page - the phone actually lags and then jumps to catch up. Not good.
    Is there any word on whether or not Palm will fix this lag?
    I dont like how my incoming text messages dont start a new line to fit a word in the line. It spells words on two lines as if I were to say do som-
    ething like this.
    It makes it ha
    rd to read a te
    xt message wh
    en it looks like
    this in my beau
    tiful palm pre pl
    us with webos.
    You get what I am saying? MAKE IT GO AWAY!!!!
    Make it look
    like this where
    words dont
    wrap to a new
    line. Instead
    they stay on
    one line.
    Get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusthegladiator View Post
    I dont like how my incoming text messages dont start a new line to fit a word in the line. It spells words on two lines as if I were to say do som-
    ething like this.
    It makes it ha
    rd to read a te
    xt message wh
    en it looks like
    this in my beau
    tiful palm pre pl
    us with webos.
    Make it look
    like this where
    words dont
    wrap to a new
    line. Instead
    they stay on
    one line.
    Get it?
    You must have a patch installed that's interfering with txt messages, because none of my text messages come in that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusthegladiator View Post
    ething like this.
    It makes it ha
    rd to read a te
    xt message wh
    en it looks like
    this in my beau
    tiful palm pre pl
    us with webos.
    Make it look
    like this where
    words dont
    wrap to a new
    line. Instead
    they stay on
    one line.
    Get it?
    Whoa! I've never seen my pre respond in that way before!
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910