1.    #1  
    My Sprint contract is up in a few weeks and my husband is really wanting to switch to Verizon. Right now I have a Pre with Sprint and I love it. I could get a Pre+ on Verizon but I would have to pay for it and they are already making us put a $300 deposit for 4 lines so really I dont want to pay for a phone. Would rather wait and pay for whatever new hardware Palm comes out with next. So my plan is to get 4 Pixi+ from Verizon for free and stick with that till something new is out. This would be a major upgrade for my husband and kids from the phones they have now but feels like a downgrade for sure for me. How disappointed am I going to be? Honestly I hate the slider and constantly worry about it breaking so I wont miss that. I rarely use the camera so the downgrade there isnt a big deal. The screen size Is going to be my major issue I think. Or is it? Also can I keep my old Palm Profile and use that and recover whichever of my games will work on the new Pixi+? I know a lot of my games wont work on there (Need for Speed, Uno, a few others) but I can always buy the Pixi+ version. I can still get Preware on the Pixi+ yes? Any opinions or advice would be great.

Melissa
    I think you'll be happy with the Pixi+... I started out with the Pixi+ before moving to the Pre+, and I loved it. My only issue was the earpiece speaker was blown, so it was hard to understand people on the phone, especially guys, as they have more bass in their voice... came across as more or less an unrecognizable crackle.

After reading here that the blown speaker on the Pixi+ was a common problem, I initially took it in to get it replaced. They had one in stock, I tested it out, and it had the same problem.

One choice was to pay a restocking fee ($35) so they could order another Pixi+ for me, and if that one had the same problem, I'd have to pay another restocking fee to order another one... until finally getting one without a blown speaker.

My other choice was to switch to a different phone (I'd only had the Pixi+ about 2 or 3 weeks). So, having already fallen in love with WebOS, I played around with the Pre+ for a few minutes and decided to just make the change.

Anyway... the moral of the story is, had the Pixi+ not had a blown earpiece, I'd still have it and be loving it.
    check out hp.com, you should be able to get the pre + for free and get a $50 gift card. I'm not sure how that works with a family plan but it's worth checking out. You should be able to get atleast one of them for free
  4.    #4  
    Were you in waranty and still had to pay a restocking fee on a defective phone? Ack that's crazy!

I tried getting the Pre+ on Amazon for free but was told since Verizon wants a deposit I have to go direct through them. Funny because Sprint never asked for a deposit.
    I just did a quick check and it looks like you should be able to get 2 pre pluses and 2 pixi pluses for $10 shipping and you get $90 bill credit. Then you wouldn't have to wory about switching to the pixi unless if you wanted to

you need to go through hp.com for that deal
  6.    #6  
    I'll give it a shot.
  7.    #7  
    Yeah within seconds it told me it couldnt be processed because Verizon wants a deposit and to contact them directly. I think Ill be ok with the Pixi+. Just wish I knew which of my games will work/not work.
  8. kbo
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I am about to switch from ATT to Verizon. The sales rep at the local Verizon store told me there would be an additional $50 off smartphones starting on Aug 5th. The Pre Plus will be free with a 2yr contract. I would think that the 1yr contract should also be cheaper than normal. Right now it is $120 for a 1yr contract on the Pre Plus, so I am guessing it should be $70 with the special they are having. This way you can upgrade to whatever the latest palm device is in one year for the promotional price.
  9.    #9  
    Figures! I put the order in last night and went with 4 pixi +! That's ok. I'm sure it will be fine and hold me over until palm comes out with something new.
  10. kbo
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    We plan on picking up a pre plus for me, a pixi plus for my wife, and a droid x for my daughter (she has a big purse). My wife loves the form factor of the pixi plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by haapala View Post
    My Sprint contract is up in a few weeks and my husband is really wanting to switch to Verizon. Right now I have a Pre with Sprint and I love it. I could get a Pre+ on Verizon but I would have to pay for it and they are already making us put a $300 deposit for 4 lines so really I dont want to pay for a phone. Would rather wait and pay for whatever new hardware Palm comes out with next. So my plan is to get 4 Pixi+ from Verizon for free and stick with that till something new is out. This would be a major upgrade for my husband and kids from the phones they have now but feels like a downgrade for sure for me. How disappointed am I going to be? Honestly I hate the slider and constantly worry about it breaking so I wont miss that. I rarely use the camera so the downgrade there isnt a big deal. The screen size Is going to be my major issue I think. Or is it? Also can I keep my old Palm Profile and use that and recover whichever of my games will work on the new Pixi+? I know a lot of my games wont work on there (Need for Speed, Uno, a few others) but I can always buy the Pixi+ version. I can still get Preware on the Pixi+ yes? Any opinions or advice would be great.

Melissa
    Personally, I think the pre is better. The pixi screen is smaller than the pre, and somethings don't quite work well either. I tried doing a webos utility on my friend pixi, and it just can't seem to work.

Most things just don't work well with the pixi. ( In my opinion )