1.    #1  
    and why?
    is any preware user also using the official app catalog.

Well yes... I turn off the official app feeds... when I load preware I am only interested in homebrew, themes and patches... I dont want my homebrew cluttered with fart generators and such. Not to mention clicking on a source from the app catalog just launches a new card to the app catalog anyway. I load up the app catalog once a day to update my apps and see if anything new came through... then I load up preware and have a look at anything the homebrew community might have done.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    too many 'is's not going to help :-P
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    I'm not sure what you are asking, of course we use the official Palm App Catalog, right now that's the only way to purchase apps?

So maybe you can make your question a bit clearer to everyone, so it can get the information you looking to get?

Just a suggestion!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

5.    #5  
    not exactly Rob, u can use preware only and then when u whant to buy something official app will open automaticly. i'm using like "bluewanders" preware for homebrew and app cat for official stuff because is easier to update and to load preware is faster.
    Now preware have advance that i would like to see in app cat - black list of devs, so it's change everything
    yup, preware for homebrew and patches, official app catalog for games and other paid stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_dov View Post
    not exactly Rob, u can use preware only and then when u whant to buy something official app will open automaticly. i'm using like "bluewanders" preware for homebrew and app cat for official stuff because is easier to update and to load preware is faster.
    Now preware have advance that i would like to see in app cat - black list of devs, so it's change everything
    If the catalog automatically opens to sell/install the catalog... that sounds like it uses the catalog. just saying.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    I only use Preware to access the feeds that the official App Catalog does not allow. I do not like to duplicate functionality.

To me, the official App Catalog provides easier access to star-ratings and price, as well as reviews.
    I use both because i can,and i want to!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    I use Preware, App Scoop, and the App Catalog.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I use Preware, App Scoop, the App Catalog and Flame. Hehe
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewanders View Post
    is any preware user also using the official app catalog.

Well yes... I turn off the official app feeds... when I load preware I am only interested in homebrew, themes and patches... I dont want my homebrew cluttered with fart generators and such. Not to mention clicking on a source from the app catalog just launches a new card to the app catalog anyway. I load up the app catalog once a day to update my apps and see if anything new came through... then I load up preware and have a look at anything the homebrew community might have done.
    Exactly what I do..except the beta and web feeds are on, as I mainly treat them as homebrew apps in my eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I would love to use Preware only--especially with the new filtering capability. But it is S L O W when there are 4000+ packages loaded. It is also lacking the ratings and reviews, which I find very useful.

Preware is great for homebrew, beta, and web-only apps, however. And, of course, patches.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Echoing jbg here - the only thing keeping me from using Preware exclusively (and having it open the official app catalog pages that I want it to) is the loading period, although that has gotten massively better with 1.0 anyway.

Haven't I heard about a future version of Preware using db8? If Preware took two seconds or less to load up, I'd still technically use the official Catalog a lot of course, but I don't think I'd ever actually tap its icon again.