1.    #1  
    I hope this already exists and I just haven't found it yet.

Often when I do a search of the web, I will pick Google or Wikipedia. But sometimes I don't find what I want there, so then I want to repeat that same search on the other site or a different search engine (I have Bing and Yahoo, and also Key-toss). Is there an easy way to do that without having to start from scratch and retype the entire search request?
    I don't think there's any way to get back to your search ... but that sure would be nice. I've done the same thing plenty of times ... especially with custom options in the Universal Search menu (I've added a Dictionary and IMDB) there's a greater chance of accidentally selecting the wrong one.

If webOS opened the search as a separate card so you could return to it, or if there was a search "history" somewhere (like a web history), that would be great.
    Same issue with contacts and numbers. would be great just to go back to the search many times.
  4.    #4  
    You probably already knew this, but I found a way to cut-and-paste the search terms when using search engines like Google, Wikipedia, Yahoo, etc. After the initial search, go to the search engine's input field and cut the search term you searched for. Then minimize that web card, paste the search term back into Universal Search and select a different search engine.

I haven't a clue how this could be used for contact searches, and this does not provide any history of searches, so a comprehensive solution would still be useful.

Patrick
    Quote Originally Posted by spreng View Post
    You probably already knew this, but I found a way to cut-and-paste the search terms when using search engines like Google, Wikipedia, Yahoo, etc.
    Interesting idea. Looks like the Universal Search also responds to a "paste" function. If you have something in the copy buffer, bring up the Launcher view, and hit "paste", you get that text copied into the Universal Search. If we had a patch that automatically copied whatever you search for into the copy buffer, then you could always go back to the Launcher and search for that again. It would only "remember" that latest one, but that's not bad.
  6.    #6  
    I agree. A "copy Universal Search to clipboard" patch would be extremely useful.