Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Go vote!

BGR Poll: What smartphone operating system update are you most looking forward to? Boy Genius Report

The Blackberry and Windows tags and logos are on the post, but no Palm or HP logo or webOS tag. I puked in my mouth a little.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    LOL! I thought the same...
    I hate BGR, they are so biased. Lets get the vote out.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I don't think of BGR as a news site, but more like Access Hollywood for technology. So it follows that they chase what's already in the public eye. Which is why I rarely visit the site, I suppose...

Anyway, webOS up 1% since i first voted, go go go !
    i'll bump this because I was just about to post the same thing.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    I saw this at BGR also. Its a shame that WebOS 2.0 was only an afterthought. That just shows that it needs some news. HPalm needs to show something to get into the spotlight. I am sure they look at this and they should take action to get some of the spotlight.
    bump
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    nice work on getting ahead of the fruit OS's, now lets break 20%!
    I wish ever PreCentral member would vote for webOS to show mindshare...
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    I wish ever PreCentral member would vote for webOS to show mindshare...
    I voted.... Someone should post it on palm and hp facebook pages
    ....and webOS2.0 takes the lead!

it just goes to show how much the webOS community loves that operating system.
    Last edited by Emceesquared; 07/30/2010 at 09:16 AM.
    ^exactly if everyone around here votes for 2.0...
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    webOS kicks *** in every poll.
    Are you sure that a higher percentage in that poll means what you think it means? iOS has the lowest percentage. Do you really believe that means that iOS has the lowest mindshare, or the smallest, excited base? Are you sure that more people wanting a WebOS update means that WebOS has better fans, or higher mindshare, or loyal patrons?

Seems to me that the higher percentage represents the group that is the least satisfied with their current system. They seem to be saying that their system NEEDS an update badly, as opposed to those who are generally happy with what they have.

The other bit that we don't have is the total number of people who voted. Mainstream customers, happy or otherwise, do not vote on obscure internet tech gossip site polls. Regular people aren't represented by that poll. The fact that of the niche group who would even know about such a poll, let alone, care, skew toward WebOS, may say a lot about why WebOS has had so little mainstream acceptance. I don't think this is a poll you really wanted to win.
    I've just done my little contribution to the cause.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Yeah! We're #1!