1.    #1  
    Spring navigation seems just useless in rural areas (e.g., parks) as it requires more than just signal. When the phone shows "R", which perhaps stands for roaming, I could call, but Sprint navigation didn't work. It seems there are too many places where there is no data connection.

I was just wondering how others handle this problem. I think the best solution would be to have the entire map in the Pre, but I just can't. My current backup strategy is to bring my laptop with Microsoft Street & Trip, which does not require any internet connection, but it's not very portable.

The entire map of the U.S. occupies about 1GB in MS S&T. I guess the same space would be required for other programs, and 1GB is not that bad for the Pre, which has 8GB storage.
    When roaming Sprint Nav will work just fine....so long as you have data roaming set to on in the phone prefs. If you have service, you have data.

As for it not working in parks...not sure what that is about. Works fine in the parks I go to.
    Mainly, when the R(roaming) is displayed, you can mostly only call and send texts.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    in the Phone panel (place where you dial the phone), go to select "preferences" from the drop down menu in top left (Tap the "Sprint" in corner). After selecting Preferences, another card will open up, scroll down to the "Network" box and be sure DATA ROAMING is set to "Enabled"
    Quote Originally Posted by AOW View Post
    in the Phone panel (place where you dial the phone), go to select "preferences" from the drop down menu in top left (Tap the "Sprint" in corner). After selecting Preferences, another card will open up, scroll down to the "Network" box and be sure DATA ROAMING is set to "Enabled"
    Absolutely agree... my Nav is flawless and accurate to within 15-25 feet pretty much all the time.