Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    This may not belong in the general webOS discussion, but it didn't seem to necessarily fall under app either.

How do people deal with getting airline flights onto their calendar? On my treo I just downloaded the palm program from the airline (i.e. Delta) which would let me search for flights and add them to the datebook. Obviously we don't need a downloaded schedule due to wifi/3G, but it'd be really nice to not have to select all the specific dates/times/and type in all the appropriate info (speaking of which, is there a way to change the timezone of an event?...another reason an auto schedule would be nice). Delta's got a nice mobile website, but it won't write to my calendar (that I noticed).

I saw the thread on Flightview...is that the only option? I'd prefer to schedule the flights in a categorized google calendar rather than flightview's calendar.
    I havent seen anything yet... Im in the process of writing my own... but Im fairly new to development in CSS and Javascript.
  3. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cstray View Post
    This may not belong in the general webOS discussion, but it didn't seem to necessarily fall under app either.

How do people deal with getting airline flights onto their calendar? On my treo I just downloaded the palm program from the airline (i.e. Delta) which would let me search for flights and add them to the datebook. Obviously we don't need a downloaded schedule due to wifi/3G, but it'd be really nice to not have to select all the specific dates/times/and type in all the appropriate info (speaking of which, is there a way to change the timezone of an event?...another reason an auto schedule would be nice). Delta's got a nice mobile website, but it won't write to my calendar (that I noticed).

I saw the thread on Flightview...is that the only option? I'd prefer to schedule the flights in a categorized google calendar rather than flightview's calendar.
    You can use Flightview to create the calendar event, and then just open the event and click the drop-down arrow in the upper right corner of the event screen to switch it to the Google calendar of your choice. That's what I do.
    my travel service sends an itienerery file that includes an add to calendar link. I add it to Outlook. It makes it's way to the phone from there.
    This is a relatively old thread that I discovered while searching through my post history. Since originally posting I found what might be a solution and that is Tripit.com. My original post noted that my travel service sends me itineraries to me with calendar entries. But it is a bit of a nuisance to enter all of them.
    More recently I also found that I can have the entire itinerary sent to tripit.com from a link on the travel service page. Apparently Tripit has the ability to dig flight information, as well as hotel and car rental info out of itinerary pages and build a calendar which they then give you instructions on how to "automagically" get the entries onto your Google calendar. I've started using this and sure enough, with all the settings in place, all of the information shows up on my Pre calendar within 30 minutes of sending the itinerary to Tripit.

This service is free, so give it a shot! Of course they have a premium service that does a lot more too but give the free one a go around. And come back and let us know if it works for you .
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!