1.    #1  
    I'm trying to chat with someone on gChat (google talk) through the messaging app, but I couldn't log in. Google syncs just fine with my calendars and contacts, and I can use gChat from Safari with no issues. I have a google talk account listed under Messaging/Prefs&Accounts/Accounts. I open that up and clicked "Sign In", I saw a spinning wheel flash, then I poped back to Prefs. I went to the buddies screen and clicked on "Offline" and selected "Available". Now for about 20 minutes it's be spinning and I've been searching the internets up and down for an answer to my problem.

Please help!
  2.    #2  
    Am I the only one that can't access google talk via the messaging app? Maybe I need to doctor back to a clean phone and try it. Anyone have any tips for doing a wipe/restore?
    Remove your google account, and then add it back. Also a battery pull usually fixes most issue(s)

Hope it work for you.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Remove your google account, and then add it back. Also a battery pull usually fixes most issue(s)

Hope it work for you.
    I've tried removing and re-adding the google talk account several time (with various luna and full restarts included) to no avail. Are you saying to remove all ties to my google account? How do I do that (and what, if anything should I back up before doing that)?