1.    #1  
    I can't type more than ~70 characters in my pre, in every instant messaging line.

Is there a way to be able to type more than that?

Thanks.
    it should be like 140 or 160 . Don't know why it wotld stop you at 70 like that ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    it should be like 140 or 160 . Don't know why it wotld stop you at 70 like that ?
    You changed your bug.
  4. OrR
    What do you mean by line? Are you scared of word wrap? Do you want a smaller font? I'm not quite sure what your actual problem is. Please describe it in more detail.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrR View Post
    What do you mean by line? Are you scared of word wrap? Do you want a smaller font? I'm not quite sure what your actual problem is. Please describe it in more detail.
    I was curious about the same thing.

Are you referring to each individual line of text? Or did you mean that you can only send messages of 70 characters and no more?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I type more 160 in aim.
  7.    #7  
    OK. Thanks for your interest.

I start to type in a standard IM conversation, whith a Google Talk account.

When I get to 68 chars typed, the small button to send the line gets a red x on it, and I can't press the button. I have to delete chars down to 67, and then I can press the button to send that line of text.

Of course I can send several lines, but the total of chars cannot exceed 67.

I think that is not normal...

Thanks, again.
    Is this only with Google Talk, what about SMS?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Is this only with Google Talk, what about SMS?
    I can type SMS the length I want to. They extend to several messages haz needed, with no limit.
    standard SMS can transmit up-to 140 bytes (per message).
    when you type Unicode (multi-language) every character is represented by 2 bytes - thus 70 characters.
    now, when you type only English and numbers you don't need the entire 8 bits of a byte. you need only 7 bits. so you gain 1 extra bit per byte (of the 140),
    140 / 7 = 20. that "compression" adds another 20 characters to the SMS so the 140 bytes become 160 characters.

I hope it is no too technical... :-)

oh, and when you type 200 characters and the SMS is being sent without any problems, keep in mind you're being charged more than once (1 per 160 chars)
  11.    #11  
    Thanks for your explanation.

But my problem is with google talk messaging, not with sms messaging.

sms works right for me.

Thanks.