Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm a little confused by this whole thread. It reads as a complaint about people complaining?!?!?!
    If I ignore the 'complaint' mentality of this thread, and move to its core, it says in a nutshell:
    The current Pre/Pixi Consumers should,
    A. stop talking about what they want,
    B. stop talking about what the software doesn't do,
    C. stop asking for newer hardware to compete,
    D. and its all the 'complainer's fault for everything that is happening. Keeping in mind that the 'complainers' are apparently the only ones that own the majority of the product they are complaining about.

Hmmmmm....
    Might not this whole 'complaint' cycle be avoided by doing the following?:
    1. Have the manufacture release a feature complete OS that is comparable to Google and Apple?
    2. Announce hardware that is comparable to said competitors?
    3. Have a website available that REALLY assigns actual people to Fix known/documented coding errors. (i.e. Google Calendar alone has numerous ongoing issues with re-occurring dates appearing incorrectly since v 1.0 of the OS over a year ago.) Note: Well documented on Palm's site and here.
    4. Having noted the above points 1 & 2, it might NOT be in the manufacturer's best interest in terms of competition to release new software/hardware details too far in advance of the actual release date.
    5. At no stage should point number 4 above stop them from handling number 3, as that is a FAILURE in customer service.
    6. Never blame the only person holding a device for saying anything is wrong with it or asking for what the manufacturer promised. People will lose respect for you and lose trust in the device.
    7. If you can't tell people what is coming down the pipe, how about coming up with incentive like...."if you have an active Pre on contract for more than a year when our new hardware hits, we will reward those loyal customers with a 'free' upgrade in hardware". Since their is so 'few' of us, it should be a no-brainer.
    Last edited by CanadianPre; 07/26/2010 at 02:09 AM. Reason: added a 7th.....
    what he's saying is that we have great phones with nearly feature complete OS' and all some people can do is froth at the mouth and type something like "werre is da flash and teh snapdragons??n????111???" and then systematically bash everything around them. The new hardware and webos 2.0 is coming. You're still locked in contract right now and if they don't announce at least a new smartphone by CES, I'll eat my hat.

here's to my new webos netbook and 4g phone I will be buying next spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPre View Post
    I'm a little confused by this whole thread. It reads as a complaint about people complaining?!?!?!
    If I ignore the 'complaint' mentality of this thread, and move to its core, it says in a nutshell:
    The current Pre/Pixi Consumers should,
    A. stop talking about what they want,
    B. stop talking about what the software doesn't do,
    C. stop asking for newer hardware to compete,
    D. and its all the 'complainer's fault for everything that is happening. Keeping in mind that the 'complainers' are apparently the only ones that own the majority of the product they are complaining about.
    I don't think so. I don't think people here are talking about constructive criticism - the kind that is productive and moves things forward. I think what is being talked about here are the whiners, the spleen-venters, the people who are having on-line tantrums because they don't have what they perceive to be the newest and the best right now. They are not helpful, they don't enlighgten or inform the discussion in any way. That, to many of us, is a waste of time. We like our Pre's, with all their faults, which we recognize, accept, and try to make better.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    +1,000

Well said!
    add one more +1
    To the OP I'd agree, but damn they (Palm) needs to get the GPU running for the UI. This phone has so much potential, instead it's being branded as a year old and out dated. Palm, get off your @$$3$ and speed this (bleep) up!!!
    with no complaints/wants/demand for new hardware or software will only lead to stagnant products.
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    with no complaints/wants/demand for new hardware or software will only lead to stagnant products.
    (eah, that too. Palm is overdo for an upgrade. I was expecting some news after the HP buyout, but still hearin crickets... Could have something to do with being in San Antonio
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12