1.    #1  
    So the webOS tablet got me thinking. It would be a lot of wasted screen space jsut to have ne app open and functional at a time. Inspired by better touch tool on mac and windows 7 "snap" feature I have come up with an Idea. How it works etc im not really worried about. I myself have come up with multiple ways to make it work. The concept is key to me though. I want ot be able to have 2 card "open" side to side. The one that has their border "highlighted" is the one that is more "active" than the other. Basically there would be two rows of cards that were independent of each other. You can drag cards from bottom to top rows but when you flick the top row left or right, only the top row cards move. When you maximize A card on the top row, it maximizes to the left and the cards on the botton move to the right. When you maximize a card on the right, you know have two cards open next to each other. And then you can always open one card to take up the whole screen. Pics below. let me know what you think. Dont care if you say it sucks. just trying to bounce some ideas.

Last edited by Vyruz Reaper; 07/25/2010 at 04:40 AM.
    I also have had this idea, and posted it somewhere else in the forums. I agree it would be a great feature to have
    nice Op. i was thinking of something similar.
    I like this idea as well. Or maybe there's a way we could cycle the different possible combinations... like how you do it on multiple monitor displays (think 4x4 monitors arranged in a grid of 16 monitors).
    I can't wait to get this on my dining room table. Webos while I eat will be amazing. Though the gf will be pretty angry as she definitely won't get any attention when I'm at the table
    A loooooong time ago I requested a patch for 2 rows of cards.
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
    What about like 3D games and other full screen things?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Seems interesting! It could work out very well
    I love my Pre :P

Follow me on Twitter!
  9. OrR
    Some easy to learn gestures would have to be used to switch between one fullscreen app / two side by side apps etc. but it generally is a brilliant idea! Maybe add a second gesture area along one long side of the screen (in addition to the one on the short side)? Might make controlling this stuff easier and also make horizontal sliders more possible.
    By the way, what do we do for a keyboard on a tablet? On screen / USB? Or some intelligent sliding/folding stuff? A fixed keyboard below the screen like on a Pixi?
    Quote Originally Posted by OrR View Post
    Some easy to learn gestures would have to be used to switch between one fullscreen app / two side by side apps etc. but it generally is a brilliant idea! Maybe add a second gesture area along one long side of the screen (in addition to the one on the short side)? Might make controlling this stuff easier and also make horizontal sliders more possible.
    By the way, what do we do for a keyboard on a tablet? On screen / USB? Or some intelligent sliding/folding stuff? A fixed keyboard below the screen like on a Pixi?
    onscreen w/ blindtype would be nice. an optional keyboard attachment that swivels beneath the tablet would also be welcome by me
    Bluetooth keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Nice idea's.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan