Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is it just me or does it seem like more and more Pre/WebOS users are getting less and less willing to wait for updates/hardware/announcements...
    hmmm, no one has mentioned any concerns...

but here is good news from palm:

http://m.forums.precentral.net/gener...oming-too.html
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Is it just me or does it seem like more and more Pre/WebOS users are getting less and less willing to wait for updates/hardware/announcements...
    I've noticed this as well... just figured it was pointless to mention.

But now that someone else has brought it up... ...it seems to me that many Pre/Pre+ users are more worried about updating/patching/overclocking their phones than actually using them.

I can understand the impatience if there is a MAJOR bug that is expected to be addressed... then yes, by all means.. obsess over when the update is going to be released.

But 1.4.5 is already out overseas, and it's been said that there's really nothing much to it... yet people are still bouncing around like a Jack Russell terrier on speed waiting for it to be released stateside.

And, as always... within a few days (maybe a week) after it's finally released, there'll be a 1.4.6 anticipation thread, and the cycle will start all over again.

Are there things I'd like to see fixed? Yes. Do I launch the update app multiple times a day to see if the update is out? Nope.
  4.    #4  
    I was one who was begging for the 1.4.5 update but I gave up on expectig it anytime soon. I find that if you are greateful for what you have and try to make the best of it everything seems better all around.

After reading the "Genocide Behind your Smartphone" article it made me stop worryimg as much about getting more more more and ust being happy I have something in the first place.

Sadly many people don't think the same ...
    people want the update for the apps. Patches have been put on hold it seems until the release too(though I could be wrong) and while they have spoke out on new things, there has been no announcement of new phones..officially anyway.

my Pre has a cracked screen,messed up power button and missing usb cover,and my "a" key never wants to work unless I press hard. Yet I can't bare to get a new phone..so while I want to her news, I love the phone and can be happy for a bit longer.
    next update doesn't seem to be much, and it doesn't address any of the major deficiencies such as slow processor, voice dialing, and bulky gps. With the exception of these, I am fairly happy with what I have; the other deficiencies have been adequately addressed by some magnificent homebrew apps and patches from this community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrolf View Post
    people want the update for the apps. Patches have been put on hold it seems until the release too(though I could be wrong) and while they have spoke out on new things, there has been no announcement of new phones..officially anyway.

my Pre has a cracked screen,messed up power button and missing usb cover,and my "a" key never wants to work unless I press hard. Yet I can't bare to get a new phone..so while I want to her news, I love the phone and can be happy for a bit longer.
    I'm with you on this one, cracked usb port, no door, keys skip sometimes, can't use the front speaker for calls anymore and am waiting... However making calls on speakerphone all he time is kinda hard when in public so I do need to get something new soon, so if nothings announced befor the epic, I migt get that, keep the pre as mp3/gaming unit and keep track of what's going on. Then if a new device comes out for palm that beats the specs, or matchs, I'll sell the epic on ebay and get the new webos device. For myself for christmas
    If you been With webos since the beginning than you should know not to wait on anything. I did wait until jan 09 to june 09 for a phone, so I can wait from july til the end of the year!
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    If you been With webos since the beginning than you should know not to wait on anything. I did wait until jan 09 to june 09 for a phone, so I can wait from july til the end of the year!
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Me too!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I hasn't even been 3 weeks since HP's purchase of Palm has been finalized, have a little faith.
    MY phone works. And I can play Mille Bournes on it now. Good enough.
    losing faith? I lost it a long time ago!! My old pre got replaced like 3 weeks ago with a brand new one, and this one even though it is a brand new one has many problems, it gives me the too many cards open every time I use the youtube app, even though that's the only one open, in 3 weeks I'm going android :-) I really think palm dropped the ball with this phone.
    I love how people assume every time a new phone comes out it means the end for the Pre and webOS. The pre has survived through the 3GS, Hero, Droid, Moment, Incredible, Evo, iphone 4, and Droid X. Some seem to think the Epic 4g will be the one to put the nail in the coffin because its the next good phone on sprint with a keyboard. I highly doubt we will notice any difference after it comes out. HP is fully committed to webOS, the outlook is brighter than ever before. For the first time I can post 10+ links of HP saying they wanna smack the ball outta the park with webOS. There hasn't been a better time to be a palm fan in over five years. Just wait, HP/Palm WILL deliver.
    At least the people here on this forum are. For most people who use the phone, probably not.
    i do
    Having the 'newest' item is an insurance policy of sorts...you can generally expect that the newest apps run on it, plus you get bragging rights.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Quote Originally Posted by ****-richardson View Post
    Having the 'newest' item is an insurance policy of sorts...you can generally expect that the newest apps run on it, plus you get bragging rights.
    Eh, I prefer the superior phone to what the rest of world is following in trends.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Eh, I prefer the superior phone to what the rest of world is following in trends.
    Isn't that why people are moving to other platforms?
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Isn't that why people are moving to other platforms?
    People are moving because they follow the trend. Oh my friends got a Droid, it looks cool so I'll get it. They've never used webOS, and none of their friends have it, so they don't get it. Which is where HP's marketing will come in and prove webOS is superior.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast