Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all, Here is a little more info on the upcoming new version of webOS, named 2.0. It also briefly discussed new hardware.

I did correctky predict that a new smart phone would be release with webOS 2.0, before the year is out!

Take care,

Jay

Jon Rubinstein: WebOS 2.0 To Be Released For Download By End Of 2010, New Hardware Coming Too
    July 23rd, 2010 by Dragos Pirvu

Jon Rubinstein: WebOS 2.0 To Be Released For Download By End Of 2010, New Hardware Coming Too – SoftSailor

Although HP bought Palm and the latter is not doing as well as the former, Jon Rubinstein hasn’t been axed. Palm’s CEO is still in the spotlight and during an interview with popular magazine Fortune, Mr. Rubinstein affirmed that WebOS 2.0 will become available for download later this year.

Naturally, we’re thinking that Palm Pre and Pixi users will be very happy to hear that HP won’t ruin their dreams and will continue providing support, but we simply cannot not wonder whether Palm will unveil a new high-end smartphone by the end of the year.

There are no reasons why HP wouldn’t take a little of its resources and focus them on the smartphone market. You can actually make money out of it! According to Rubinstein, Palm is also developing hardware in an aggressive manner and we’re not taking this as a joke.

So WebOS 2.0 and new Palm hardware are coming this year. What should we expect? What are you expecting? Candybar smartphone? Portrait sliding QWERTY mobile phone? Can’t wait for it!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Ive also said this, but if the stories are to believed and palm is to be its own entity then we wont see a slab! Palm has never had a phone w/o a physical keyboard and wont in the future unless HP flexes some muscle.
    I believe that HP will be flexing its muscle w/ Webos but not so much w/ Palm as a Phone provider. At least for now!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Ive also said this, but if the stories are to believed and palm is to be its own entity then we wont see a slab! Palm has never had a phone w/o a physical keyboard and wont in the future unless HP flexes some muscle.
    I believe that HP will be flexing its muscle w/ Webos but not so much w/ Palm as a Phone provider. At least for now!
    I'm hoping HP decides they want a slab phone with a big screen and WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    the os would need some work done before that could happen, but I guess it would need that for the tablet anyways, so who knows...
    Palm probably looked at RIM, a company who never made a phone without some sort of keyboard/keypad, fail miserably trying to launch a slab. (Blackberry Storm)

If they do go that route they probably should take their time and really think it through.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  6.    #6  
    Hi all,

I have always said, If I was asked the best thing about the 4 palm smart phones I have owned over the years...... I would say the keyboard.

Not just a keyboard, but a Palm keyboard...they have such a nice "feel" to them as you are typing away with your thumbs.

I am positive they will either be offering a keyboard only or be offering more than one model, and at least one will have a keyboard, if not all of them will have a keyboard.

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I'm still wondering if we're ever going to see webOS 1.4.5 of if is't some sort of mythical creature.....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    i think H Plam should make 2 similar phones, one with keyboard and other with a virtual keyboard. They should keep EVERYTHING same in the two phones, the screen size, processor, mem and everything else. Make one with hardware keyboard and the other without.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  9.    #9  
    Hi all,

I feel like a 3 year old in a toy store.....I want it, I want it I want it....NOW! LMAO.

Take care,

Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

I feel like a 3 year old in a toy store.....I want it, I want it I want it....NOW! LMAO.

Take care,

Jay
    I know how you feel! I really need to start saving up money now to buy all this new stuff coming out this fall/early winter.
    I'd even go without food to get the new phone. Whatever it is we all know it has to be a new-improved WebOS smartphone.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  12.    #12  
    I know how you feel! I really need to start saving up money now to buy all this new stuff coming out this fall/early winter.
    Hi,

We can all hope to win the lottery!

Take care,

Jay
    The guy was reading something into this. http://m.precentral.net/hps-windows-...cus-enterprise

I thought Jon said 2.0 and new hardware were coming before the end of the year. I don't think he said it would be a phone or handset. He could have been referring to a tablet, or a multimedia slate, or...?

Maybe there was a second interview with Fortune or I heard wrong.
    All in do time. To bad I don't have much patience.
    "are we there yet?"
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Ive also said this, but if the stories are to believed and palm is to be its own entity then we wont see a slab!
    Good.
    Agreed fully. Couldn't hurt to have options right?

Until the Pre I thought I couldn't go without a hardware keyboard, but ironically, the Pre's flimsyness made me realize the advantage of having a phone with no moving parts. Give me a slab with Swype and ill be good to go.
    Not good IMO. Virtual keyboards are getting better and there is a hge nuber of smartphone users that prefer or would give up their ardware eyboards for more screen real estate or for a thinner device.

PS I typed this on my Pre and the words with missing letters are werw not fixed to show that the Verizon Pre+ hardware keyboard sucks and drops letters.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Not good IMO. Virtual keyboards are getting better and there is a hge nuber of smartphone users that prefer or would give up their ardware eyboards for more screen real estate or for a thinner device.

PS I typed this on my Pre and the words with missing letters are werw not fixed to show that the Verizon Pre+ hardware keyboard sucks and drops letters.
    I think it's the exact opposite. On screen keyboards rob you of screen real estate while typing.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I think it's the exact opposite. On screen keyboards rob you of screen real estate while typing.
    True it does while typing but when you are typing you are normally just focused on what you are typing so seeing everything else isn't needed. Yes there are some exceptions but in my expierences that is what I have found YMMV...

And think about all of the time you are not typing I'm sure the bigger screen would be nice then. Better controls in games such as N.O.V.A., better viewing of media, etc.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast