Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    for me, end of 2010 is too late. im sure that what ever opportunity they have is now gone. that phone better be dam good to come out so late
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    True it does while typing but when you are typing you are normally just focused on what you are typing so seeing everything else isn't needed. Yes there are some exceptions but in my expierences that is what I have found YMMV...

And think about all of the time you are not typing I'm sure the bigger screen would be nice then. Better controls in games such as N.O.V.A., better viewing of media, etc.
    I have the best of both worlds with the Pre. Full hardware keyboard AND a full touchscreen.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    for me, end of 2010 is too late. im sure that what ever opportunity they have is now gone. that phone better be dam good to come out so late
    The more I hear about Q4 2010 the more I am hopeful the new phone will come with the OMAP4 chipset. And YES if it comes with the OMAP4 it will be worth waiting for.

It will be like having a Pentium II while all the competition is still running the original.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    True it does while typing but when you are typing you are normally just focused on what you are typing so seeing everything else isn't needed. Yes there are some exceptions but in my expierences that is what I have found YMMV...

And think about all of the time you are not typing I'm sure the bigger screen would be nice then. Better controls in games such as N.O.V.A., better viewing of media, etc.
    Hi,

I prefer to use a keyboard. I do not like typing on glass.

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    it's hard to type blindly without an actual keyboard.

the pre plus, the original droid, the htc touch pro series, the upcoming blackberry 9800 are my ideal. Touch screen with the option of a physical keyboard
    I like the actual keyboard as well, but since 1.4.1.1 (when they made an attempt at fixing the double-typing issue), I've had huge problems with missing keystrokes. S, G, H, I, and O are the main culprits. And I realize many have said it's a hardware issue, but I didn't have these problems before... and I've not had a single double-typed letter since, so I know there are software problems involved with the keyboard.

I also like on-screen keyboards, though... but I want one (and a good one, damnit lol) that's integrated into the phone. I currently use My Home Keyboard, as I've found it to be the best of the virtual keyboards... but it's a pain to have to type something, then open the SMS or email app and paste it in (though MHK pastes it for you).

I'd like to see (for SMS, email, etc) maybe a small icon in a lower corner that you could tap and expand the on-screen keyboard... and it would adjust the screen accordingly, so that you can actually see what you're typing, and it's being input into the app as you type it.

Or maybe an on-screen keyboard that's automatically opened in these apps if the slider/hardware keyboard isn't open.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12