Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    A gig of ram and a 1ghz processor would pretty much take care of all my issues
  2.    #22  
    Key Caps would be a plus!
    phone app should load instantly. Really it should always be in memory, but just hidden.

voice dialling.

5x current battery life.

wifi and bluetooth file transfer.

mobile hotspot for all.

fingerprint reader.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    agreed since 90percent of the pictures you take at 12mp on youe phone look like 4mp due to the high iso noise. A same size, same technology sensor at 5 megapixel gets less than half the iso noise of a 12mp camera. Even if there is significant lighting, the shutter speed wouldgo higher, giving you a sharper image..

(iso noise is that thing that makes all yourindoor shots look "granier" than your outdoor ones.
    if that's the case then we need something to clean up the iso noise too no? either way I just recently went to dc and when my regular pts died, I was stuck using the pre. it takes good outdoor pics, but could use better light support (pics came out slightly darker then what they should, and indoor pics were grainy. I think a better flash, auto focus and some sort of iso cleaner and better lighting and color vivdness and this camera would be perfect (course I'm asking for a real camera in that case so I guess just as many of those as possible is nice specifically a better flash for indoor/nigt pics
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    Developers have already moved past WebOS... It's gonna take more then open API's to get them back.
    The 1-1.5GHz chip is a no brainer along with a voice access etc...but if we get more open API's its easier for developers to port apps (especially with the PDK). Its not the be all end all but it open API's will significantly contribute to better apps - be it current developers or new ones (via HP's reach and access into the community).

No need to be Mr. Negative
    Full office app
    Better speed for basic apps
    Out of the box and reliable music sync (not the itunes fiasco again)
    Better camera and video recording
    Photo albums
    More customization in messaging, email (fonts, colors)
    Integrate most patches into the stock OS as options - Preware is great, but it won't make Palm sel
    I want alot of what is already said, but also New Ideas

for example

Bump Cards

feature would allow you to bump your webos device into another and automagically (bluetooth?) transfer a card over with a swipe. IE swipe a card to the printer and BAM! It prints that document. Or swipe from your PalmPad to a friends Pre2 and share any info you would want.

they need ideas nobody knew they wanted, but would actually use, partly for reviewers to say ooh cool!

they should also send out review "ecosystems" not just an individual device, to show how the use of webos across devices can bring a more integrated experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by dballew View Post
    How about a home scrren that you can actually add and remove things from...Why do we have a homescreen thats basically good for nothing but putting a wallpaper on???
    My guess is, like a computer 'desktop' the more shortcuts or usable icons on the main screen, the slower everything runs.
    I dunno if anyone has done this or thought of this, but when the PalmPad comes out, it would be sweet to be able to hook up to a monitor, or say your flat screen tv, and use your tablet as a keyboard and mouse pad in your lap, and run webOS on the monitor/tv. I would love this to sit in my armchair and surf the web, check emails, even watch some netflix. Anybody know if this is even feasible? Might have to start as a homebrew or even an outsourced program or something.
    simply stated: feature parity with centro
    I'd like to see a vkb w/ blindtype.

I'm hoping HP will provide a proprietary sync solution to compete with itunes. should be able to work wirelessly

The option to DL and install OS updates through the PC

more API's

more Bluetooth support

UI customization w/o having to use Preware
    agreed since 90percent of the pictures you take at 12mp on youe phone look like 4mp due to the high iso noise. A same size, same technology sensor at 5 megapixel gets less than half the iso noise of a 12mp camera. Even if there is significant lighting, the shutter speed wouldgo higher, giving you a sharper image..

(iso noise is that thing that makes all yourindoor shots look "granier" than your outdoor ones.
    I think I would prefer a high quality 8MP camera. If they would stop being so cheap and stuff in a slightly larger sensor, it would eliminate most problems. The majority of their decisions are money oriented. Save a buck here a buck there....mentality.

How about a high quality 8MP camera with a larger sensor OR maybe a dual set of smaller sensors?
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPre View Post
    I think I would prefer a high quality 8MP camera. If they would stop being so cheap and stuff in a slightly larger sensor, it would eliminate most problems. The majority of their decisions are money oriented. Save a buck here a buck there....mentality.

How about a high quality 8MP camera with a larger sensor OR maybe a dual set of smaller sensors?
    I don't get what you mean with the dual set of smaller sensors, but they can't make the sensor bigger than a certain amount cause of the lense and stuff they need to put on it would be to big. 8mp is to much for cellphone cameras with the current technology, unless your always shooting outdoors in the sunlight. If you shoot more indoor, than the cons outweight the pros. 5mp is more than you need. Another big thing limiting phones camera is the lense, since it's hard to make a good quality lense that small. Not to mention no customer looks at the lense quality before buying a phone, in terms of camera they just look at megapixels, and digital zoom.

fun fact: 1080p image is less than 2mp, you just don't notice the lack of details cause frames are changing so fast.
    I don't get what you mean with the dual set of smaller sensors, but they can't make the sensor bigger than a certain amount cause of the lense and stuff they need to put on it would be to big. 8mp is to much for cellphone cameras with the current technology, unless your always shooting outdoors in the sunlight. If you shoot more indoor, than the cons outweight the pros. 5mp is more than you need. Another big thing limiting phones camera is the lense, since it's hard to make a good quality lense that small. Not to mention no customer looks at the lense quality before buying a phone, in terms of camera they just look at megapixels, and digital zoom.

fun fact: 1080p image is less than 2mp, you just don't notice the lack of details cause frames are changing so fast.
    As technology has developed (in every area), you will find a distinct lean towards a more smaller tech items rather than one large tech. This is everything from CPU's to sensors. We have the capability to pack two smaller sensors on a device and interpolate (not the correct word for the combining of data, but whatever) the data such that two lower quality sensors provide a substantially higher quality pic.

Your comments of what is 'too much' MP for a cell phone is based on the phones you have access to. As the USA/Canada is typically a 2nd Tier location for technology, it is a reasonable assumption. Unfortunately it is an incorrect one. Japan, Taiwan, S.Korea are Tier 1.

Fun facts:
    - While North America was celebrating the coming of THREE MP cameras in cell phones, the Tier 1 countries were bringing out TWELVE MP camera's. <note..sucks to be number two sometimes...especially when you don't even know it.>

- Camera's are typically used for NON-Moving video. this could change in 20 years. Btw, your fun fact on the whole moving video thing should be updated to say "YOU" don't notice lack of details in video frames....cause "I" do.

- Everybody buying a computer larger than a netbook runs their screen resolutions at manufacturer default. This 'default' is typically higher than a standard high def 1080P TV. Any computer nerd/geek in the last 10 years will have been running screen resolutions well over 1080P. Translation, if I want a digital wallpaper/screensaver, 1080P doesn't cut the mustard.

- You're making assumptions about what consumers look at when it comes to buying cameras.

- You're making assumptions about what consumers are doing with the pictures.

- You're making assumptions on how small the lenses can be and still retain quality. A more apt statement is that the manufacturers are unwilling to PAY for a higher quality lens. The technology is already available. The cost to price point at which they make 'enough' margin is NOT.

- I routinely encounter people taking pictures on their cell phones that want to print them out, 'cause they can, and "it's the same as my digital camera!!". Two & Three megapixel printed pictures are garbage unless your printing on might small paper.
    Just give it the old Treo options:

Categorize contacts
    Hide/mask contacts
    Option to populate calender with birthdays and anniversaries with notifictaion X days in advance.
    Better battery life, voice command, better music player (although I enjoy the NaN Player), some key preware patches (character counter, add launcher pages, all email patches) and a virtual keyboard.

For the new HPALM device: 8px 720p HD camera & front camera, better speed, bigger screen & resolution, and landscape slide keyboard.
    I want mine to turn into a Transformer and protect my life. And take notes for me in meeting. This is not a request, it's a requirement!
    faster startup instead of the 2-3 mins it does right now.
    Motorola i95cl> i733> i760> i860> i880> ic902> Palm Pre> HTC EVO4G> atrix 4g> unlocked gsm pre 2
    Some of these "wish list" items are so obvious and pretty much standard on today's smartphones -- if Palm can't get most of these into the next model Pre and next version of webOS...

...then it's over.
    I just want a real mag. Compass.... And everything the other guys say!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast