Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I agree with just about everyone on one point or another. Yes, WebOS did some great things before anyone else, and the hardware features were a good step in the right direction. But with the HP buyout, the users got forgotten. Where are all the apps, I don't really see any new ones (for a while Dataviz canceled their development on Documents to go), maybe a couple every few weeks, but most of the new entries (that I can tell) are just all updates of older apps. And where is flash? We were told flash would be here by the middle of the year. Come and gone. And now we're talking about 2.0 and there still isn't any talk of flash, flash would give the phone the full capability they toted when it was released. I know that Adobe released flash, and we're just waiting on Palm to get settled in their new shiny cubicles and get back to work.

As much as I like the WebOS, I think with the lack of support from Palm and developers (or the turtle speed at which they move) will force many users (myself included) to the Android OS or new BB6.0, since we all know that AT&T sucks, and we'd all like to be able to hold the phone however we want. Its been months since any updates have come to the phone's OS, and frankly, I'm starting to get tired of watching my investment get left in the dust by the competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    actually, you cannot expect webOS 2.0 to be on par with iOS4.
    i also disagree with this statement. OS-wise, webOS at its current state is in many ways more advanced than the others. Maybe Apple's SDK/PDK is more advanced in giving access to developers, but iOS actually just recently had "unified inboxes", universal search is still better in webOS (aside from calendar access), and multitasking is the BEST and frankly could not think of any better way to do multitasking in a mobile OS than how webos does it.
    The only company to know the re;ease month of WebOS 2.0 is HP and they said by the end of 2010.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  4.    #24  
    Actually they said *before* the end of 2010, that could be tomorrow or december 31st, no one knows.
    Last edited by alvaro_qc; 07/23/2010 at 08:03 PM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro_qc View Post
    Actually they said *before* the end of 2010, that could be tomorrow or december 31st, no one knows.
    Before & by the end of are one in the same.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    They will probably give it to the varriers and then something small will go wrong amd we will be in the same situation with 2.0 as we are with 1.4.5 but it will bemuch worse because it will be a major update.

Don't get your hopes up because they will likely not be fulfilled.
    If 2.0 isn't feature packed with good hardware I'll be knocking on android's door until HP and Palm figure it out.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    webOS 2.0 by September? At the rate we're going we won't even see 1.4.5 by then.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Announcement in october and release in November to take the less than stellar Droid 2 by the horns.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12